Greg Williams has been suspended indefinitely

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
It's not so much that they were deep into the playbooks, it's just that they could have looked elsewhere and got a different guy and avoided this entire mess if the NFL just said "Hey, keep it quiet, but don't hire Williams, we're investigating him."
Absolutely 100% agree with that. They didn't even have to tell the Rams to keep it quiet. They could have just pushed the release of their statement ahead a couple of months. I mean, c'mon... they already had 50,000 pages of evidence and shit. How much more did they compile between the date Williams was hired, and the date they released the news of the investigation.

Complete and utter horse shit.

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
Lesson said:
Cecil, from what I've read, is also one of the problems that led to Fisher leaving the Titans.
Then why did he hire him as secondary coach?

I believe it had to do more with him being the DC.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Lesson said:
X said:
Lesson said:
Cecil, from what I've read, is also one of the problems that led to Fisher leaving the Titans.
Then why did he hire him as secondary coach?

I believe it had to do more with him being the DC.
You could be right. They didn't do real good in 2009 or 2010. In 2010 they finished middle of the pack on defense, but in 2009 they were right at the bottom. McGinnis is the more logical choice anyway. He can double up as assistant HC at the same time I guess.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
>>Yeah what DOES that mean? Are we now looking for a permanent replacement at DC?<<

Well if we hadn't been already, it's a HUGE mistake, especially this late in the game. I said when this first came to light that "Williams must go". I only hope someone in this organization took this infraction seriously.

It's a darn shame this had to happen, especially to the Rams, on the other hand, deliberately going after players is inexcusable.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
It's not so much that they were deep into the playbooks, it's just that they could have looked elsewhere and got a different guy and avoided this entire mess if the NFL just said "Hey, keep it quiet, but don't hire Williams, we're investigating him."
Absolutely 100% agree with that. They didn't even have to tell the Rams to keep it quiet. They could have just pushed the release of their statement ahead a couple of months. I mean, c'mon... they already had 50,000 pages of evidence and shit. How much more did they compile between the date Williams was hired, and the date they released the news of the investigation.

Complete and utter horse shit.
Totally with you guys on that. They punished the Rams, no if's, and's, or butts about it. Didn't need to go down that way. Now we got left in the lurch....

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Yamahopper said:
WOW.

Williams got the hammer. Payton got more than I thought, but he should have got what Williams did at least.
If they were serious it wouldn't have been draft choices....They would have pulled the franchise tag and let them scramble after Brees.

Is Spags taking over the Saints?
If he is, they're in better shape defensively than the Rams are at this point. I mean, just how many quality pro level DC's are looking for a job at this point? :?!:

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
bluecoconuts said:
X said:
libertadrocks said:
bluecoconuts said:
So do the Rams get compensated? If they really didn't know about it before they hired him, and they say they didn't, then the NFL should compensate them in some way because they just sat back and let them do it when they knew they were going to slam him.

But of course they wont. Any other team and they'd call foul, we just get to bend over and take it.

I dont think the Rams should receive any sort of compensation. Coaches havent even been allowed any real contact with the players.
Yeah, true. It's not like they were deep in the playbook anyway. McGinnis is being talked about as being the replacement, but Chuck Cecil was already a DC for Fisher back in 2009, I believe.

+1

steferfootball

Starter
He he. Spags goes 11 and like 1 billion as a Rams coach, then manages to become the head coach for one of the premiere teams in the league.

I worry about how good that offense will be without Payton and the pieces they left.

As for us, I'd kinda like a supplementary draft pick, assuming our front office had no knowledge of the situation. If they knew, we deserve what we got.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
ramsince62 said:
Yamahopper said:
WOW.

Williams got the hammer. Payton got more than I thought, but he should have got what Williams did at least.
If they were serious it wouldn't have been draft choices....They would have pulled the franchise tag and let them scramble after Brees.

Is Spags taking over the Saints?
If he is, they're in better shape defensively than the Rams are at this point. I mean, just how many quality pro level DC's are looking for a job at this point? :?!:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... absence-2/

I think it will be Spags job.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
DR RAM said:
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
Absolutely 100% agree with that. They didn't even have to tell the Rams to keep it quiet. They could have just pushed the release of their statement ahead a couple of months. I mean, c'mon... they already had 50,000 pages of evidence and shyte. How much more did they compile between the date Williams was hired, and the date they released the news of the investigation.

Complete and utter horse shyte.
Totally with you guys on that. They punished the Rams, no if's, and's, or butts about it. Didn't need to go down that way. Now we got left in the lurch....
Are you kidding? The NFL wouldn't do anything to compromise the atmosphere around the Super Bowl (again--not after Spygate part II). That includes letting an owner, who had hardly owned his team a year and half, in on the secret. Even if that meant that team is left without a proper DC for the entire 2012 season.

Fisher must be furious about now, not having they guy he wants able to install his defense. That's going to put more on him, despite his faith in McGinnis or whoever being the DC.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
According to Warren Sapp, the "snitch" was Jeremy Shockey.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
X said:
According to Warren Sapp, the "snitch" was Jeremy Shockey.

So once he left to the Panthers he decided to snitch? Or did he do it before he left?
:idk:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
How about they give the Rams the draft picks they took from the Saints????????

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I saw were there is apparently evidence of 22 - 27 players who were paid bounties .

How is it possible that these players are not suspended ?

Total Bull Shit in the first degree .

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Well I guess Goodell didnt destroy any evidence this time huh. Why was he such a pussy when it came to punishing his buddies in NE and now he is a total hard ass? Why wouldnt SP get the harshest penalty as he was the HC, which means he was in charge of everything team related? Goodell sure makes it easy to think he and the league have a hard on to ruin the Rams.

[textarea]EDITED: Masked profanities.
BY: X
PRO TIP: Go to your control panel and disable word censoring. It's all the rave.
:ww:[/textarea]

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I wonder WHEN the NFL knew of the bounty system? Did they know when the Saints won the SB? Was it not popular to hammer them then because of all the "feel good" hoopla going on in the aftermath of Katrina? The more I think of this deal, the more I get pissed on how the NFL let the Rams hire Williams with no warnings. Do you think anybody is going to sign any more FAs from the Saints this season? I damn sure wouldn't.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamBall said:
Well I guess Goodell didnt destroy any evidence this time huh. Why was he such a pussy when it came to punishing his buddies in NE and now he is a total hard ass? Why wouldnt SP get the harshest penalty as he was the HC, which means he was in charge of everything team related? Goodell sure makes it easy to think he and the league have a hard on to ruin the Rams.

Gregg Williams deserved to receive a more severe punishment than Payton.

Williams installed the bounty program, contributed money to it, lied to the NFL when they began their investigation, and continued the program after the NFL told him to stop.

The Patriots lost a first round and faced heavy fines for spygate when the only thing the NFL was able to prove was they stole sideline signals from the Jets.

Im sick of this stuff about how the NFL is out to get the Rams. That's bull shit. Look at things objectively.