Greg Robinson working out with LeCharles Bentley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Good man - lets shut all those GRob knockers in 2016 - and I'm not talking about m/boobs...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not me I was hoping for a trade down and pickup extra premium picks.Grob was to much of a project for such an important position. And here we are 2 years later hoping he finally pays off.Only problem is he'll want OLT money if he does have a great year. We would have been better off with 2-3 more players contributing instead of waiting for one imho.

The Rams can control his rights for the next 3 seasons if they wish. And we're all hoping they need to pick up the 5th year option, which will mean his play had picked up markedly.

Todd59

Rookie
Psyched to hear that GRob is studying under LB. This dude knows his stuff. It's nice to see that they are going back to basics and rebuilding from the ground up. Robinson is a strong and fast guy, but he gets himself into position where that strength and speed is wasted. Hopefully an offseason of building muscle memory through good technique turns things around for him.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I'm still a big GRob fan, but I will say this.

Just by way of contrast...

GRob and Donald came out in the same draft, both with undeniable physical gifts.

But Donald has been a devoted student of the game. He's in there watching film before the coaches arrive! Already a 2 time Pro Bowler and maybe the best at his position in the game. Off the chart work ethic and attention to detail that keeps driving him to be even better. Respected and loved by teammates and players and fans around the league.

GRob? Admittedly very raw when he arrived, but where has that Donald like desire and work ethic been for 2 years? Rumored to avoid the film room previously. Perhaps GRob has finally had his fire lit underneath him. Hope so, 'cause if he, too, becomes committed to be the very best he can be, look out! Won't be pretty for opposing players. Might resemble that old Disney cartoon feature "Lambert the Sheepish Lion".

Here's hoping that we see the "new" GRob this year. I'm cautiously optimistic after hearing about the Bentley schooling.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

yodapic.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You love rockin this pic eh Dave? I bet you have it saved to your desktop ready to go.
I have a "Special File" of photo's I have ready at the click of my mouse! This ^ one is actually at the bottom of that photo section, But just as easy to get to!:rolllaugh::D

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Not me I was hoping for a trade down and pickup extra premium picks.Grob was to much of a project for such an important position. And here we are 2 years later hoping he finally pays off.Only problem is he'll want OLT money if he does have a great year. We would have been better off with 2-3 more players contributing instead of waiting for one imho.
I totally agree, I was in the Watkins camp but if not him then Mathews. Drafting projects makes no sense. By the time they develope you have to pay them big bucks and you can't keep them all.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would say this about GRob finally putting in his time to get better this off season....could it be Snead's actions of drafting of a pure Left OT Isaiah Battle?

Or Snead's finding & signing very good UDFA Left OT Darrell Williams last season?

Or the Rams Org. retaining of veteran Rodger Saffold who was a three season starter @ Left OT for the Rams?

Or the pairing & most likely encouragement of veteran mentor left OG Garrett Reynolds to seek outside help to vastly improve & REFINE GRob natural God given physical talents?

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would say this about GRob finally putting in his time to get better this off season....could it be Snead's actions of drafting of a pure Left OT Isaiah Battle?

Or tSnead finding & signing very good UDFA Left OT Darrell Williams last season?

Or the Rams Org. retaining of veteran Rodger Saffold who was a three season starter @ left OT for the Rams?

Or the pairing & most likely encouragement of veteran mentor left OG Garrett Reynolds to seek outside help to vastly improve & REFINE GRob natural God given physical talents?
I think it was the positive review from LB! Somebody showed it to GRob and encouraged him to put in the work and become the man. I personally don't want to see anything from GRob except updates from
LB and his team until OTA begin.

Name
Adam
Nothing really of excitement to add aside from singing the praises of LeCharles.

His dedication to helping others achieve their goals through HARD work, diet and fitness is admirable.

I have been interacting with LB on social media for years. One of my favorite follows. I'm very proud that he has gone from near death to looking like a statue chiseled from granite.

Being a new fan, I'm not going to act like I know anything about the Rams but I can confidently say there is no other person you want Robinson spending time with in the off season.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
GRob looks to be PUTTING IN THE WORK!!

All those (not suggesting anyone here in particular) who doubt this man might be in for a surprise in 2016.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is a beautiful thing! Keep up the work GRob!! LB will be able to give you the technique to go with your physical gifts and turn you in to a beast of a LT.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
GRob's problems at LT are mental, not physical. In college, he never really learned how to play LT. All he learned was "block the guy in front of you and bulldoze for your RB". He never learned the nuances of pass blocking. Balance, foot work, leverage. He played with raw physical ability. After getting schooled by NFL D lines and limited time with Rams coaches due the collective bargaining agreement, he made a wise decision by going to Bentley. Anyone else notice his better play when they put FA vet Garrett Reynolds in at LG next to him? Anyone notice how Reynolds was talking and pointing defenses and possible blitz' out to him? The disappearance of holding and false start penalties?
We have to remember also that GRob came out after his sophmore year, had he stayed in college, he would be in this years draft, he's only 22.
I predict GRob;s play at LT will be signifigantly improved this season. Its obvious from this move to train with a proven vet in the off season that he wants to get better.
For the first time in a long time I'm encouraged that the Rams OL will be strength of the team and not a liability, and GRob will be a good LT this season.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
GRob's problems at LT are mental, not physical. In college, he never really learned how to play LT. All he learned was "block the guy in front of you and bulldoze for your RB". He never learned the nuances of pass blocking. Balance, foot work, leverage. He played with raw physical ability. After getting schooled by NFL D lines and limited time with Rams coaches due the collective bargaining agreement, he made a wise decision by going to Bentley. Anyone else notice his better play when they put FA vet Garrett Reynolds in at LG next to him? Anyone notice how Reynolds was talking and pointing defenses and possible blitz' out to him? The disappearance of holding and false start penalties?
We have to remember also that GRob came out after his sophmore year, had he stayed in college, he would be in this years draft, he's only 22.
I predict GRob;s play at LT will be signifigantly improved this season. Its obvious from this move to train with a proven vet in the off season that he wants to get better.
For the first time in a long time I'm encouraged that the Rams OL will be strength of the team and not a liability, and GRob will be a good LT this season.

Part of his improvement might have been Reynolds. Part of it might be progression in the school of hard knocks (experience), as you also pointed out.

Seeing him work like this, I am very optimistic that GRob fulfills his promise as our franchise LT.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'll admit, I used the "B" word describing Robinson midway through last season. But I did see some improvement towards the end of the season. He didn't play especially well, but he wasn't the liability he once was. The fact that he's serious enough about his craft to enlist help from one of the best is a good sign. And don't forget, year 3 is when the light goes on for a lot of young players. Tavon and Quick came out with their best seasons in year 3. Quick regressed back to square one, but thats besides the point.

I'm more encouraged with GRob's chances than I ever was. He has the work ethic needed to excel in this league. And there's no denying the talent and ability. He just might make us proud after all. A cornerstone left tackle in this league is so valuable to an offense.