Greg Reid Back In Jail?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Direct from Valdosta, this is true. I think this is a case of a cop seizing the opportunity to make press. I mean it's not like Reid has been on the lamb from the law. He's been on talk radio and front page of local newspaper for signing with the Rams. And yes, in Ga, you can be pulled over for not wearing your seat belt.(been there, done that but it's only a $15 fine.) They habitually pull people over for it in hopes of stumbling onto a greater charge. Kinda like getting pulled over for your license plate light being out. Being held without bond is a little over the top though. It's not like he's a flight risk and is going to go into hiding. I think the kid needs to get out of here and to St. Louis as soon as possible and up under Fisher and crew's wings.

Again, moral of the story, wear your damn seat belts kids!!!!!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
The Rams gave him a chance to build a new life. It wasn't very smart to miss his appointment.
To me it's not a big deal and while state by state the rules vary, I know a probation officer and the power he has is unbelievable for basically a civil servant.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Truth is they pulled him over for no seatbelt and other than the failure to check in with his probation officer which albeit is dumb, he didn't get caught drunk, high or in possession of contraband of any kind.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
other than the failure to check in with his probation officer

Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt this kind of a big deal?

The only person I know who can get away with this sort of thing is Red.

shawshank-bus.png

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Man, some of these kids are just so dumb, all the opportunity in the world and they still can't be arsed to pull it together or give a damn about anything. It's so frustrating to watch somebody who you'd kill to be in the position of just keep throwing it away like he doesn't want it.

PhxRam

Man, some of these kids are just so dumb, all the opportunity in the world and they still can't be arsed to pull it together or give a damn about anything. It's so frustrating to watch somebody who you'd kill to be in the position of just keep throwing it away like he doesn't want it.

I am willing to give the kid the benefit of the doubt that there was some miscommunication.

He will learn. Especially if he gets married.

When my wife gives me a grocery list I want precise instructions. I want to know what brand, what size, what isle, send me a picture of the item if you must so when I return there is no telling me I got the wrong item.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not going to defend the kid because I don't know his situation. BUT.... I had an employee that was on probation and he had to let his PO know if he was going to be late getting off work or if he was deviating from his proposed/scheduled route. If he ran out of gas, he wasn't allowed to stop at a gas station without checking in - which even by the PO's admission was not happening if he needed to check in after 5pm or on a weekend. My point here is that even if he checked in with his PO as normally scheduled and gave him/her travel plans, any deviation whatsoever could be a violation for not checking in.

I don't know the whole story so I'll not condemn the kid just yet.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And can I add:

WTF is it with Valdosta? They seem to have some funky laws and ways of enforcing them. I've never heard of a city saying a person can't enter their city ever again either. Maybe that's common. Dunno.

PhxRam

I'm not going to defend the kid because I don't know his situation. BUT.... I had an employee that was on probation and he had to let his PO know if he was going to be late getting off work or if he was deviating from his proposed/scheduled route. If he ran out of gas, he wasn't allowed to stop at a gas station without checking in - which even by the PO's admission was not happening if he needed to check in after 5pm or on a weekend. My point here is that even if he checked in with his PO as normally scheduled and gave him/her travel plans, any deviation whatsoever could be a violation for not checking in.

How often does someone normally check in with their probabtion officer? I mean the next time he checks in wouldnt the guy be like "hey there is a warrant out for your arrest"

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
How often does someone normally check in with their probabtion officer? I mean the next time he checks in wouldnt the guy be like "hey there is a warrant out for your arrest"
I am not sure how often. I do know that I had to inform the PO if my employee's schedule was going to change - before it changed. In talking to her, it sounded mainly like at any time that there was a deviation from his routine, he was required to check in. I'm not sure if there would be a warrant automatically generated or what. Didn't get that far into it with her. The thing that surprised me was when I asked if he was telling me the truth about the gas station thing. She just laughed and said, "yep".

He also had a time when he had reported a change but his PO neglected to inform the county Sherriff's office so he had to sit in a patrol car for about 20 minutes while they made a bunch of calls. They couldn't get it resolved so they let him go "straight home" and would arrest him if his story came back false. Sounded like bullshit so I had to verify that one too.

Part of me wanted to just let the kid go for all the hassle but he was honest with me when he applied and I wasn't going to kick him to the curb if he was still being honest with me.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

really? this sounds ridiculous.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Yuh think? But then you of all people should be anything but surprised. It didn't really seem to make much sense to his PO either.
This system never ceases to surprise me.

This one is right up there with the woman's penal system for hardened criminals teaching them to be nannies... so that when they leave prison they can look after your infant children at home alone. Yes, I'm being for real.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

This one is right up there with the woman's penal system for hardened criminals teaching them to be nannies... so that when they leave prison they can look after your infant children at home alone. Yes, I'm being for real.

At least it's consistent in something - eh? There was a joke Reagan used to tell and I think it is both funny and alarming no matter the political affiliation. It goes something like, "What are the 9 scariest words in the English language? "I'm from the government and I'm here to help." ".

I realize I am giving this kid the huge benefit of the doubt but I also thought that was supposed to be the case. The burden of proof is on the people cuffing him. It's not our place to convict him in some kangaroo court of public opinion. On face value it doesn't look good for him. I can only relay my own experiences and wait to see how it falls out.

I just hope it's BS and it goes away.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

BTW - Am I the only one who got a chuckle out of the term "woman's penal system"? C'mon... admit it. You're all twelve at heart just like me.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I am not sure how often. I do know that I had to inform the PO if my employee's schedule was going to change - before it changed. In talking to her, it sounded mainly like at any time that there was a deviation from his routine, he was required to check in. I'm not sure if there would be a warrant automatically generated or what. Didn't get that far into it with her. The thing that surprised me was when I asked if he was telling me the truth about the gas station thing. She just laughed and said, "yep".

He also had a time when he had reported a change but his PO neglected to inform the county Sherriff's office so he had to sit in a patrol car for about 20 minutes while they made a bunch of calls. They couldn't get it resolved so they let him go "straight home" and would arrest him if his story came back false. Sounded like bullcrap so I had to verify that one too.

Part of me wanted to just let the kid go for all the hassle but he was honest with me when he applied and I wasn't going to kick him to the curb if he was still being honest with me.

One of my close friends PO put out a warrant for his arrest because he didn't answer his probation officer's phone call the first time around, he called her back 3 minutes later but she said it was too late. She also tried to get him arrested for "violating his curfew" because he was "outside" past 10 P.M., even though he was standing in his drive way when she pulled up.

Probation officers have a ridiculous amount of power, it's crazy. If you're unlucky enough to get a bad one, it's going to be rough for you.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
One of my close friends PO put out a warrant for his arrest because he didn't answer his probation officer's phone call the first time around, he called her back 3 minutes later but she said it was too late. She also tried to get him arrested for "violating his curfew" because he was "outside" past 10 P.M., even though he was standing in his drive way when she pulled up.

Probation officers have a ridiculous amount of power, it's crazy. If you're unlucky enough to get a bad one, it's going to be rough for you.

Sounds about right. I'm not trying to bag on law enforcement but some of the shit I dealt with for an otherwise good kid was pure bullshit and quite frankly against all possible rationalization at times. My employee was a kid that got busted when he was 18 with some pot and his 17 year old girlfriend. Really? That's a real need for our system to go all out protecting us against him? And in case you are wondering, that is not just his story. He gave the deputy DA permission to talk to me when I appeared in court for him over one of his "violations". The judge actually asked the prosecution if they REALLY wanted to pursue the case.