Greg Gaines

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My favorite attribute Gaines has is his never give up on the play. Multiple times this year he’s tracking guys down that most DL would have given up on. IMO it’s likely ADs influence on him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
He ran down Kyler, he ran down the ravens qb, good thing we don’t play the Chiefs we might have him cover the cheetah.

Grizzly Gaines would kick any cheetah's sorry ass. :p

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hoped a lot from him when we drafted him from Washington, but then he was a rookie in the background, developing. Dude was a steal in the 4th round, as this year proves. I don't know how he can play with his hand like that, but the Rams should take care of him with a bonus of some kind. He's reminding me of of Jack Youngblood, playing while hurt...

John Madden would have loved Greg Gaines.

jjab360

Legend
My favorite defender to watch play outside of AD right now. QBs never see his athleticism coming, always think they can outrun him but this guy has elite burst imo. You can tell AD's tutelage is paying off, combining his footwork, hand usage, and leverage like only few can.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Really happy with Gaines this season. Its year 3 for him. A time when the light starts to go on for a lot of these young guys. When the real players separate themselves from the jags. He has that non stop motor you like to see in defensive linemen.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Gaines will be a Ram for a long time. They're gonna have to pay him after next year, but they'll work it out. Good kid, solid football player, and still developing. We still don't know what his ceiling is, and he is pretty good right now! I believe he was a Wade Philips pick, even if Snead and McVy had to sign off on it.

And like @jj360 said... you can see that he has been watching Aaron Donald.

oldnotdead

Legend
I watched him at UW and knew how good he was then. He's not Vita Vea, but I couldn't be happier that Grizz is a Ram. He outplayed SJD last year on fewer snaps. It's why I've been saying SJD is hopefully a comp pick.

Robinson's fate will be determined by what they think of B. Brown next year but his cap number doesn't justify his play. The $4M they could gain would help in signing their OL FAs.

Alaric Jackson is showing why I think they might part ways with Havenstein next year. For as much as he is being paid Rob still misses too many blocks and cutting him or trading him will free up cap needed elsewhere. They could free up close to $5M. Jackson's developmental progress has been quick and is testimony to Carberry who simply knows how to handle young prospects.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Von Miller jokingly said Greg Gaines looks like a “substitute teacher”.

Yeah, a substitute teacher that can flatten QBs and RBs.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I watched him at UW and knew how good he was then. He's not Vita Vea, but I couldn't be happier that Grizz is a Ram. He outplayed SJD last year on fewer snaps. It's why I've been saying SJD is hopefully a comp pick.

Robinson's fate will be determined by what they think of B. Brown next year but his cap number doesn't justify his play. The $4M they could gain would help in signing their OL FAs.

Alaric Jackson is showing why I think they might part ways with Havenstein next year. For as much as he is being paid Rob still misses too many blocks and cutting him or trading him will free up cap needed elsewhere. They could free up close to $5M. Jackson's developmental progress has been quick and is testimony to Carberry who simply knows how to handle young prospects.
I see you found yet another thread for your get rid of Havenstein bent. Sigh.

Psycho_X

Legend
IMO it’s likely ADs influence on him.
I think you're dead on there. Gaines has obviously put in the work the past several years to reshape his body in a good way. He's looking faster and stronger this year and the pics don't lie. We've had a few guys really put in the work up to this year such as Gaines and Allen to reshape their bodies and become the forces we needed them to be. Two big reasons we've been awesome in the trenches.

1641583928711.png
1641583904222.png

1641584024376.png
1641584245644.png