Great Twitter thread on Stafford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What I noticed there is David Edwards needs to help Noteboom out with the inside rush.There are 3 players on the DT instead of Edwards giving support by just stepping back a little.

—IMO that WILL be The Rams starting lineup minus The Player in 73 & 55(65) Brian Allen.Don’t think anyone here would have noticed this ?

Steve Avila should be the starting LG? In OTA’s it’s mainly been Aleric Jackson at playing LT.
I thought coming out of training camp last season 2022 Jackson was The Rams best RG. I still do,except Avila will have a say about that.

Flint

Pro Bowler
I think it’s clear the nfl media doesn’t know what to do with Stafford. The SB run was Stafford at his best which was very very good and a big reason why they won it all. Last year wasn’t great, then he got hurt so there’s legit questions about which Stafford shows up this year. As we’ve all heard all the qb talent in the league is in the afc, so who are the best qbs in the nfc? Hurts has become the best qb in the nfc, a trip to the SB where he allegedly outplayed Mahomes has put him at #1, but then who? Dak? Cousins? Purdy, Love, Lance? Goff? Seems like anyone but the guy with the ring. Hurts is younger, faster and stronger and Stafford has a better arm and the ability and willingness to make any throw, remember the no-look, who does that?
I’m not saying Stafford’s the best qb in the nfc but surely he should be mentioned. The fact that Cousins would even be mentioned as a replacement is a sign of the lack of respect.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
What I noticed there is David Edwards needs to help Noteboom out with the inside rush.There are 3 players on the DT instead of Edwards giving support by just stepping back a little.

—IMO that WILL be The Rams starting lineup minus The Player in 73 & 55(65) Brian Allen.Don’t think anyone here would have noticed this ?

Steve Avila should be the starting LG? In OTA’s it’s mainly been Aleric Jackson at playing LT.
I thought coming out of training camp last season 2022 Jackson was The Rams best RG. I still do,except Avila will have a say about that.
I think that is more on Noteboom for getting beat inside when he was in the better position at the snap of the ball. Edward's primary job is to make sure he passes his guy to Allen effectively. Allen doesn't notice the handoff until it was too late for Edwards to help with Boom. If Edwards turns away to soon, there's a chance there is a free guy up the middle.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’ve seen a lot of list of the top QBs and Stafford is always out of the top ten, usually even behind Goff! :laugh4:

Even when the QBs are listed in tiers. He’s usually in tier three. SMH

People have short memories. Some people even say if you can’t run as a Qab then you can’t play good QB in the NFL.

Tano

Legend
Goff would have even have worst troubles than Stafford behind that offensive line

We probably would have seen a lot of dump offs by Goff last year

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I think it’s clear the nfl media doesn’t know what to do with Stafford. The SB run was Stafford at his best which was very very good and a big reason why they won it all. Last year wasn’t great, then he got hurt so there’s legit questions about which Stafford shows up this year. As we’ve all heard all the qb talent in the league is in the afc, so who are the best qbs in the nfc? Hurts has become the best qb in the nfc, a trip to the SB where he allegedly outplayed Mahomes has put him at #1, but then who? Dak? Cousins? Purdy, Love, Lance? Goff? Seems like anyone but the guy with the ring. Hurts is younger, faster and stronger and Stafford has a better arm and the ability and willingness to make any throw, remember the no-look, who does that?
I’m not saying Stafford’s the best qb in the nfc but surely he should be mentioned. The fact that Cousins would even be mentioned as a replacement is a sign of the lack of respect.

I think Justin Fields is top 5 in the conference.

Tano

Legend
I don't like his ability to read defenses. He has a lot of talent but right now he is a read one and run like Murray and how long does that last?

3 to 5 years?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Based on????

One read and run is not playing QB, IMO. I admit I haven’t seen much of him other than highlights and none of his highlights are playing QB, they are all him using his legs.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I’ve seen a lot of list of the top QBs and Stafford is always out of the top ten, usually even behind Goff! :laugh4:

Even when the QBs are listed in tiers. He’s usually in tier three. SMH

People have short memories. Some people even say if you can’t run as a Qab then you can’t play good QB in the NFL.
Agreed, although there are a couple of talking heads that still give Stafford his due.

Simms and Schrager see him top ten or top five.

He has some mileage and admittedly got beat up last year but I see no reason that he can’t have another top five year if the rest of the offense does their job. They don’t have to be exceptional for that to happen, just do your job.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think that is more on Noteboom for getting beat inside when he was in the better position at the snap of the ball. Edward's primary job is to make sure he passes his guy to Allen effectively. Allen doesn't notice the handoff until it was too late for Edwards to help with Boom. If Edwards turns away to soon, there's a chance there is a free guy up the middle.
Well - ? Edwards is gone & imo having better guard play will only help The Rams veteran Tackles in Boom & Hav.
Add having a new OC & O’Line coach will help as well.What happened last season is past.
—Just saying Rams have given up on Noteboom to soon.He got injured & has had issues. I’ll go back & remind them about how THEY(haters) forget about how bad they used to talk about Roger Saffold.
Big Whitworth’s effect is still going to have a positive effect.Noteboom is a veteran Ram who still has value even if he doesn’t start,which I doubt.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think it’s clear the nfl media doesn’t know what to do with Stafford.
They know exactly what to do with Stafford: overlook him.

That is what they did before he joined the Rams. He won that Super Bowl with a playoff run that was a big fuck you to the media and networks at large, then the complete disintegration of his team last season allowed the media to go right back to what they have always done with him. Nothing to see here, really. It's the same old shit.

Angry Ram

I don't like his ability to read defenses. He has a lot of talent but right now he is a read one and run like Murray and how long does that last?

3 to 5 years?

It was his rookie year after all. And I haven't seen or read anything about him being a pouty ass like Kyler Murray is.

Besides, his offense and defense was doodoo. Bad line, just a half decent run game, bad D, his best WR being Darnell Mooney, plus he was also hurt. And you know...it's hard to not beat around the bush, so I'll come right out and say it: why do certain QBs get that luxury (Matthew Stafford, Jared Goff) but others don't (Sam Bradford, Justin Fields, etc.)??

I realize I playing a bit of a double standard here based on my past posts about him.

Based on????

One read and run is not playing QB, IMO. I admit I haven’t seen much of him other than highlights and none of his highlights are playing QB, they are all him using his legs.

Based on watching him play. Being a fantasy nut does force one to watch all the games. You can just see the talent and the way he carries himself. There were moments where I was actually jealous he wasn't the Rams' QB.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Agreed, although there are a couple of talking heads that still give Stafford his due.

Simms and Schrager see him top ten or top five.

He has some mileage and admittedly got beat up last year but I see no reason that he can’t have another top five year if the rest of the offense does their job. They don’t have to be exceptional for that to happen, just do your job.

I look at the rankings and say to myself-“how many of those team, GMs, coaches and fans with QBs rated higher than Stafford would prefer him over their current QB.

Tano

Legend
It was his rookie year after all. And I haven't seen or read anything about him being a pouty ass like Kyler Murray is.

Besides, his offense and defense was doodoo. Bad line, just a half decent run game, bad D, his best WR being Darnell Mooney, plus he was also hurt. And you know...it's hard to not beat around the bush, so I'll come right out and say it: why do certain QBs get that luxury (Matthew Stafford, Jared Goff) but others don't (Sam Bradford, Justin Fields, etc.)??

I realize I playing a bit of a double standard here based on my past posts about him.

Based on watching him play. Being a fantasy nut does force one to watch all the games. You can just see the talent and the way he carries himself. There were moments where I was actually jealous he wasn't the Rams' QB.
I saw a couple of his games and I was just not impressed like I am not impressed with Murray

He just plays a very similar game which will only get him hurt like Murray gets hurt after 8 games every season.

Maybe since he is bigger he can last longer.

And this is his third year now not his second year

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I saw a couple of his games and I was just not impressed like I am not impressed with Murray

He just plays a very similar game which will only get him hurt like Murray gets hurt after 8 games every season.

Yeah, Fields sucks. He’s a traitor to. Franklin found him when he was a nearly anonymous three star recruit and he committed to Penn State. Then other schools started looking at him and he blew up, got a five star rating and flipped to Georgia, then transferred to PSUs biggest rival and road block to winning the Big Ten. No loyalty. No respect. He was a good college QB, he’s not a good NFL QB and yes I’m bias, but I think he’s just the typical running QB.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Goff would have even have worst troubles than Stafford behind that offensive line

We probably would have seen a lot of dump offs by Goff last year
Yeah, Goff can't operate in that kind of mess, point the media clowns to 2019 and 2020.

Angry Ram

Yeah you're right...shows what happens when you stop paying attention to the drafts.

He's a good passer...better than LaMarr and better than early Josh Allen. Just gotta let him develop and get him just a wee bit of help. Plus his attitude is the polar opposite of Kyler. Justin Fields got battered last year and on a shit team and was still out there.