Great, LeBron to Lakers and No Rams Coverage on ESPNLA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I didn't say that they weren't trying to fix things and get more competitive.........I'm saying they really didn't improve it very much at all and the before and after record supports that.

They were scraping by or outright losing to average and some of the worst-run teams in the NBA. It wasn't a good time. After the moves they starting winning more consistently.

I think your bias is showing LOL..........that's a ridiculous statement to make.

When a player proclaims himself "the King", and is considered the greatest player currently and ever, the expectations are he should surpass the players I mentioned and more.

By default the nature of the NBA says you should be able to win with just a couple stars. And if one of those stars is the greatest ever, expectations follow. LeOverrated hasn't met those.

He had to go a team with other superstars to win a title (much like KD did, only difference one got a pass for doing so....KD is a villain for doing so).

He won a whopping 1 title with the team that drafted him in two different stints. Greatest player ever should've equated to more titles. Those early Cavalier teams had some good players to compliment him, too...

Not biased at all. The players I mentioned had teammates that came and went, and still had their teams playing at a high level and winning multiple titles. Instead, greatest player ever has come up short many, many times.

Good? Yes. Great? Yes. Greatest ever? Hell no.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
RAMS, Dodgers, Lakers, Kings for life. In that order. All very close to each other with the Dodgers Lakers both a fairly close second to my RAMS.

Me as well. Although I haven't followed the NBA much in the past decade. And not much of a hockey guy, except during the Olympics.

Loved those Laker teams of the '80s.

My only question related to this thread: Will Fisher let LeBron on the Rams sidelines, or will he be a distraction?

Guy from Coliseum nosebleed seats:rant:"Hey LeBron! Get off the sidelines!! You're blocking Goff!!"

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
They were scraping by or outright losing to average and some of the worst-run teams in the NBA. It wasn't a good time. After the moves they starting winning more consistently.

The winning % was so close it was hardly different.

When a player proclaims himself "the King"

He didn't give himself that nickname any more than Earvin gave himself the nickname Magic. The media does that. The local Akron paper did that, I think it was Brian Windhorst, who at the time was a small local writer for the Beacon Journal and covered high school sports. He is probably as close to James as anyone and even followed him to Miami. It's been great for his career, now he is on ESPN and has done very well.

The Chosen One nickname was from the SI cover.

It was an easy moniker considering the King James bible..........but he didn't bestow upon himself.

By default the nature of the NBA says you should be able to win with just a couple stars. And if one of those stars is the greatest ever, expectations follow. LeOverrated hasn't met those.

That isn't accurate at all, and hasn't been since I have watched the NBA from childhood. It takes three stars almost every year to win the title and I cannot recall a team ever winning it all without that. And now it's going to take FOUR until something shakes out with the Warriors.

He had to go a team with other superstars to win a title (much like KD did, only difference one got a pass for doing so....KD is a villain for doing so).

James hardly got a pass, he was hammered by the press like Durant was.

Those early Cavalier teams had some good players to compliment him, too...

Dude, you can't be typing that with a straight face LOL.

The roster up until the two years before he went to MIA were mostly terrible. He didn't play with much until he came back and Love and Irving were on the roster.

Not biased at all. The players I mentioned had teammates that came and went, and still had their teams playing at a high level and winning multiple titles. Instead, greatest player ever has come up short many, many times.

Each of them had better rosters and that's not even a debate.......go look and you'll see. James had two players make an All Star team one season each in his first stint in CLE which was 6 seasons.

If there was ever a player that actually lived up to the gigantic hype more than James I'd like to know who it is. So it's impossible to call him over-rated. You don't like him and that's fine but saying over-rated costs you of a little bit of credibility.

Loved those Laker teams of the '80s.

IMO that team was the best the NBA has seen. I know some people might say the current Warriors but I think the Lakers would beat them in a 7 game series and it probably wouldn't go 7 games.

Kareem would be the X-Factor in the series. He would kill them inside on both ends of the floor. Magic would do well too, but Kareem would have his way because they wouldn't have an answer for him.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
IMO that team was the best the NBA has seen. I know some people might say the current Warriors but I think the Lakers would beat them in a 7 game series and it probably wouldn't go 7 games.

Kareem would be the X-Factor in the series. He would kill them inside on both ends of the floor. Magic would do well too, but Kareem would have his way because they wouldn't have an answer for him.

I believe so also.

When the Lakers were behind by 8 with 5 minutes to go you just knew they were going to get back in and win the game. No other team had the answer for how they managed that last 5 minutes.

The game evolves so quickly it is difficult to say if one team from an era could beat a team today. One can see how great the 80's Lakers were compared to any team during that time. I can say with confidence they were a better team to others in that time than GS is to other teams during this time.

Damn those were good times.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I believe so also.

When the Lakers were behind by 8 with 5 minutes to go you just knew they were going to get back in and win the game. No other team had the answer for how they managed that last 5 minutes.

The game evolves so quickly it is difficult to say if one team from an era could beat a team today. One can see how great the 80's Lakers were compared to any team during that time. I can say with confidence they were a better team to others in that time than GS is to other teams during this time.

Damn those were good times.

People forget how good all around Kareem really was. And man those Lakers v. Celtics finals were always fun and I wish we could have seen more of them.

I've always thought the Showtime Lakers were better than Jordan's Bulls too. And for the same reason, Kareem would kill them.

I haven't seen a team that had it all like those Lakers. Inside game, outside game, speed, endurance and so much more. The only "weakness" wasn't really a weakness..........they had an average to just slightly above average defense most years. Middle of the pack usually.

And of course you cannot underestimate Riley.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People forget how good all around Kareem really was. And man those Lakers v. Celtics finals were always fun and I wish we could have seen more of them.

I've always thought the Showtime Lakers were better than Jordan's Bulls too. And for the same reason, Kareem would kill them.

I haven't seen a team that had it all like those Lakers. Inside game, outside game, speed, endurance and so much more. The only "weakness" wasn't really a weakness..........they had an average to just slightly above average defense most years. Middle of the pack usually.

And of course you cannot underestimate Riley.
Really loved those Lakers and always thought it was one of the best teams ever, in any era.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Really loved those Lakers and always thought it was one of the best teams ever, in any era.

There are zillions of these highlight videos but I picked this one because the music is awful.

Magic had a bounce pass that was flawless........

Angry Ram

The winning % was so close it was hardly different.

They were struggling. They weren't playing well during that stretch. Then it got fixed.

He didn't give himself that nickname any more than Earvin gave himself the nickname Magic. The media does that. The local Akron paper did that, I think it was Brian Windhorst, who at the time was a small local writer for the Beacon Journal and covered high school sports. He is probably as close to James as anyone and even followed him to Miami. It's been great for his career, now he is on ESPN and has done very well.

The Chosen One nickname was from the SI cover.

It was an easy moniker considering the King James bible..........but he didn't bestow upon himself.

He calls himself King James. See his twitter handle.

That isn't accurate at all, and hasn't been since I have watched the NBA from childhood. It takes three stars almost every year to win the title and I cannot recall a team ever winning it all without that. And now it's going to take FOUR until something shakes out with the Warriors.

Bulls? Mavs? Spurs? They all had another good player, be it Scottie Pippen, Jason Kidd, Manu Ginobli, etc. But were any of them superstar elite guys like Steph Curry, KD, and Klay Thompson? Nope.

James hardly got a pass, he was hammered by the press like Durant was.

Nope.

Dude, you can't be typing that with a straight face LOL.

The roster up until the two years before he went to MIA were mostly terrible. He didn't play with much until he came back and Love and Irving were on the roster.

I am. Didn't those Cavaliers win 50+ games? How does a terrible roster win 60+ games in 2008 and 2009?

Each of them had better rosters and that's not even a debate.......go look and you'll see. James had two players make an All Star team one season each in his first stint in CLE which was 6 seasons.

Greatest player ever should've made up for it, those are the expectations that come with that title.

If there was ever a player that actually lived up to the gigantic hype more than James I'd like to know who it is. So it's impossible to call him over-rated. You don't like him and that's fine but saying over-rated costs you of a little bit of credibility.

I never said I don't like HIM, I don't like his aura that's portrayed. Again, I don't need people telling me he's good. I know that. He's no where near the greatest player ever. But whatever. He'll always follow Air Jordan's footsteps. Even doing another Space Jam. SMH. But whatever.

michael-jordan-space-jam.png

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
They were struggling. They weren't playing well during that stretch. Then it got fixed.

No it didn't get fixed. And for the last time the winning % was pretty close. It was a slight improvement. Not a "fix".

He calls himself King James. See his twitter handle.

But he didn't GIVE himself that name as you said. So you were wrong. Why not just admit that and say "oops my bad". WTF?

Bulls? Mavs? Spurs? They all had another good player, be it Scottie Pippen, Jason Kidd, Manu Ginobli, etc. But were any of them superstar elite guys like Steph Curry, KD, and Klay Thompson? Nope.

Dude those teams had All Stars and Hall of Fame players. If you can't tell the difference I can't help you. Did you actually SEE the Bulls on their run? Did you forget they has THREE future HOF players?

Every player you list is a HOFer, or will be or is a multiple all star LOL..........jeez!!!

Yeah sorry that's just not true James got lambasted in the press. Again, you don't want to see it for some blind hate, but yeah he got beaten up especially after the Heat lost to the Mavs the first year he was there. He got his ass kicked the entire off season.

You don't seem to remember.

I am. Didn't those Cavaliers win 50+ games? How does a terrible roster win 60+ games in 2008 and 2009?

Nope. They won 50 games, 50 games, then 45 games the 3 seasons before the two 60+ win seasons. Not that complex. They ran into more complete teams in the playoffs.

Greatest player ever should've made up for it, those are the expectations that come with that title.

Are you going to apply that same stupid dumbass standard to the players you listed earlier? Yeah I didn't think so LOL.

The Bulls got to the semis without Jordan, almost to the conference finals one year and won 55 and 47 games without him. Made the playoffs both years.

The Cavs after Lebron left after taking them to the finals, 19-63, then 21 and 24 wins the next two years.

The Heat.......... lost in two trips to the playoffs, semis and first round, and missed the playoffs the other two.

You aren't going to let go of your silly bias. That's fine.

But don't make up stuff to run for cover.

And stop trolling. I like to have conversation about my second favorite sport and I love hoops.

You either don't, or only have a surface understanding of the game.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anytime a thread goes past 3 pages, it's like a visitor visiting at your home. After three days, the visit is like fish left out for 3 days, it starts to stink.....

Angry Ram

No it didn't get fixed. And for the last time the winning % was pretty close. It was a slight improvement. Not a "fix".

OK. Whatever reality last winter was, you are seeing a different one. Hung up over numbers over actual play

But he didn't GIVE himself that name as you said. So you were wrong. Why not just admit that and say "oops my bad". WTF?

You're obsessed with telling people they are wrong. Why?

He's running with the name and the praises from the media. He proclaims himself "the king".

Dude those teams had All Stars and Hall of Fame players. If you can't tell the difference I can't help you. Did you actually SEE the Bulls on their run? Did you forget they has THREE future HOF players?

Every player you list is a HOFer, or will be or is a multiple all star LOL..........jeez!!!

Sure. So did LeBron, at least all-star level players. In both stints in Cleveland. Yet only one title

Yeah sorry that's just not true James got lambasted in the press. Again, you don't want to see it for some blind hate, but yeah he got beaten up especially after the Heat lost to the Mavs the first year he was there. He got his ass kicked the entire off season.

You don't seem to remember.

No, I do. It was similiar to what you are doing, saying that the roster was so bad there's no way he could've won in Cleveland. Greatest player every joining with two other stars to win a title.

And again with the hate word. Lol, stop labeling. I already said I don't hate the guy. Talk about being blind.

Nope. They won 50 games, 50 games, then 45 games the 3 seasons before the two 60+ win seasons. Not that complex. They ran into more complete teams in the playoffs.

Wait you mentioned the two years prior to him leaving. In 2008 they won 66 games, and in 2009 they won 61 games.

It was a terrible roster yet they made improvement? That's weird.

Are you going to apply that same stupid dumbass standard to the players you listed earlier? Yeah I didn't think so LOL.

Well maybe LeBron shouldn't be annoited as the greatest basketball player ever then. Those are the expectations.

And no, I'm not going to apply that standard. Because those dudes led their teams to multiple teams with different rosters. They earned greatest players after they won.

The Bulls got to the semis without Jordan, almost to the conference finals one year and won 55 and 47 games without him. Made the playoffs both years.

Won titles with him. That's why MJ23 is the greatest. LeBron....even WITH the Heat didn't on the first time, and in both stints with the Cavaliers. Once.

MJ didn't constantly come up short, though.

The Cavs after Lebron left after taking them to the finals, 19-63, then 21 and 24 wins the next two years.

Hey, I'm not arguing he's not good. I'm just saying he's not the greatest ever.

The Heat.......... lost in two trips to the playoffs, semis and first round, and missed the playoffs the other two.

OK. Again I'm not saying he isn't good or great.

You aren't going to let go of your silly bias. That's fine.

But don't make up stuff to run for cover.

And stop trolling. I like to have conversation about my second favorite sport and I love hoops.

You either don't, or only have a surface understanding of the game.

There it is. Get butthurt over my view and make passive aggressive comments about me being a troll instead.

There really isn't any point discussing this or anything with you any more. Anytime someone doesn't share the same view point, you seem to throw a fit and insist they are wrong.

So yeah, LeOverrated. Sorry not sorry that bothers you.