Got to say it: McVay pissed me off

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
How many turnovers did he have in the post season this year?
He has only 2 INT in 6 post season games, and neither legit.
1) Todd Gurley braindead lets ball bounce off his mitts
2) Gilmore should have been hit with PI on play before and pass never happens
Alas, he is recorded with only 2 turnovers in 6 post season games, Heck HOF Drew Brees had 3 INT last week and has had 2+ turnovers in 5 playoff games alone
He had zero, and 1 that should've been picked.

Since 17 and 18 his turnovers have been going up DESPITE him being sacked LESS in 19 and 20 than 17 and 18.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Houston will hire Bienemy and then kiss Watson's ass with great fervor to try to turn this around. :ROFLMAO:
I agree that it will go that way, regardless its a mess. Houston was first to fire their coach, and likely last to replace him

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He had zero, and 1 that should've been picked.

Since 17 and 18 his turnovers have been going up DESPITE him being sacked LESS in 19 and 20 than 17 and 18.
Zero turnovers in playoffs, on road both games, with a fractured thumb on throwing hand. If that cant give someone confidence, I dont know what will.
Btw, I love the "should have been picked" stat. Only shows up when discrediting a QB play, but never comes up when applauding an Aaron Rodgers on his play. (Had a couple INT dropped himself)

TexasRam

Legend
It's that QB cult-like effect my man. That stuff (which you see on all team boards) is usually fine too btw, at least for a while but then you'll have some who take it so far that it prevents fair and unbiased evaluation of where the QB is at. We had the same shit back in the Bradford days with some losing their fucking minds over any sort of perceived insult of 8 and another group of lunatics who wanted to light his ass on fire over anything he did wrong.

As usual the truth is in the middle. People nowadays just have a habit of gravitating to the extremes. IMO.
Facts are stubborn things.

I use literal facts and you continue to name call in the absence of actual data.

You’ve been warned more than once now so instead of lowering yourself to these F bombs and name calling tactics why don’t you put on your thinking cap and provide an actual arguement like the rest of us do.

You are a smart guy I know you can do it :):fistbump:

I am not the one backing an undrafted player that had literally done nothing and claiming he is a better start then the 2x Pro Bowler #32 rated player in the NFL and youngest QB to win an NFC championship. That’s you bro. Who is the QB cultist that is blindly following a QB outside of reality?

But instead of calling you a blind QB cultist I presented data.

Big difference boss.

Take a look at the forum rules again brother your personal attack tactics on people on this board is out of line and you are better than that.

You have a shitload of great takes and insights that we all enjoy so clean it up dude. If people disagree it’s dignified to make an argument with data and move on rather than make personal attacks and character slashing cuz someone doesn’t agree with your take.

Not to mention you know you are mischaracterizing me since I have on numerous occasions pointed out Goffs failures and areas he needs work on. There is nothing cultist about that. Our major difference in relation to Goff from what I can tell is you feel he is to blame for not audibling or seeing the free rushers such as the Miami game, Jets game or the Green Bay game. I personally think that’s unfair to blame the QB there. I think Mcvay needs to stop with the Blythe project and needed to respond quicker in Miami with a game plan to stop the constant Zero Blitz. So big woopy do. We disagree. It happens.

I rewatch every single Ram game multiple times focusing on the Oline and QB play and you probably do to. Let’s argue our points of what we see and if we disagree move on.

The GOAT (Brady) had a 87 QB rating his 7th year in the league and then a 117 QB the next year. Basic reasoning tells you these types of down years and drastic swings probably means a QB’s results are heavily influenced by the surrounding talent. So if Goff has down years with 90 QB ratings it’s reasonable to think he is not entirely to blame since he has also proven himself with back to back 100 QB ratings and the top offense in the NFL.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
In defense of trading Cooks, most of us thought he was one hit and concussion away from being done. So the right move was to try and get something for him before that.

I'm happy for him that he played healthy all year in Houston.
This

The Cooks contract was okay at the time because Cooks still didn't have a lot of concussions.

However, after 2019, I was scared to death that Cooks was one concussion away from permanently damaging himself.

I did not want to see a Ram dead on the field after getting hit in the head one more time. (Hyperbole? - maybe. But his hits kept getting scarier and scarier.)

matt30

Rookie
Name
Matt
This

The Cooks contract was okay at the time because Cooks still didn't have a lot of concussions.

However, after 2019, I was scared to death that Cooks was one concussion away from permanently damaging himself.

I did not want to see a Ram dead on the field after getting hit in the head one more time. (Hyperbole? - maybe. But his hits kept getting scarier and scarier.)

I thought he was going to retire. But I felt bad for the guy moving to his 4th team in 5 years.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Yeah, it's laughable for someone to say Cooks was "a bad deal on all fronts". Upon his trade and new contract, he responded with his career high in yards, highest catch rate % (over 100 targets), and had a monster 2018 post season. Without Cooks, they dont win the NFC Champ game, his over the shoulder grab led to the TD right before halftime. Then he's the best offensive player on the field for the Rams in the SB with 120 yards on 8 grabs.
He was such an obvious upgrade over Sammy Watkins, and no way was he a waste at that time.
If anything, he's an example of what seems to be a lack of patience on the Rams part. Guys seem to go from hero to zero right quick. It sure looks like Cooks regained his form in Houston, fortunately we have Akers as a result.

Yeah, people forget that Cooks was in a "sign him or let him hit free agency" situation when we gave him that contract. In his first year of that contract, it looked like a pretty good move, as he had a monster year. I don't blame the Rams for moving him after all of the concussion issues (which I will say again, should have caused him to retire), but it's hard to look at the contract at the time it was signed or even after the first year and say it was unjustified.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I am not the one backing an undrafted player that had literally done nothing and claiming he is a better start then the 2x Pro Bowler #32 rated player in the NFL and youngest QB to win an NFC championship. That’s you bro. Who is the QB cultist that is blindly following a QB outside of reality?
I'm not "backing" anyone. That's the difference between you and I.

TexasRam

Legend
I'm not "backing" anyone. That's the difference between you and I.
Ok so “backing” soemone makes them a cultist? That’s not even rational. So if you voted in an election you are a cultist. If you clapped for your team you are a cultist. Because backing is cultist.

Got it. I’ll make sure to never root for the Rams again because that is cultist. :) Come on man.

You share 100’s of opinions on players every year on this board backing those you believe in based on what you see. Same thing others do.

So stop acting like a bull in a China shop in here and respect differing opinion without the personal attacks.

You and I sat through the bad decades the 4-12 90’s teams and the revolving door at QB for most of those years. Now we have a QB that lead a high flying offense for two years and was the envy of the NFL and has proven what he can do with a solid supporting cast. So dam right I will back him in his down years when he’s still beating the Wilson’s and Brady’s.

It’s called Loyalty.

Its also a result of analyzing QB play within the context of a team game.

Your Goff cult comparison to Bradford is also just bad bro. One guy never did anything at the NFL level. Never lead a top offense for two years, never was voted top 32 player in the NFL and was hurt constantly. The other guy has proven his ability at the NFL level and won an NFC Championship in his 3rd year in the NFL.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You know what @TexasRam I think that first shot by me with the cultist comment was over the top. You are correct.

I don't disrespect your opinion either my man. I just think you didn't allow yourself to see how deep Goff's flaws went this year. So let's agree to disagree because I do think we both have the best interests of the Rams at heart. :beer2:

TexasRam

Legend
You know what @TexasRam I think that first shot by me with the cultist comment was over the top. You are correct.

I don't disrespect your opinion either my man. I just think you didn't allow yourself to see how deep Goff's flaws went this year. So let's agree to disagree because I do think we both have the best interests of the Rams at heart. :beer2:
Fair enough bro.

We are passionate fans so it’s understandable when we disagree on the problems we think the Rams need to fix.I am sure if I dug up my posts I’ve taken similar shots and need to reign it in myself because I disagreed on someone’s take and thought it was so off base.

You might be right on me overlooking Goffs flaws and we will certainly see what he really is as his Career goes on, whether it’s here or elsewhere. It’s certainly possible that my Ramfandom and defending our QB has forced me to justify some of his flaws, I am well aware of this sort of blind allegiance phenomena as I’ve observed it in peoples view in politics, religion and even family to an extent ( People not seeing the fault in their kids etc).

It will be interesting to see if we solidify the Oline if Goff can return to his former level or production, if not I will have to reevaluate my judgement of him because I do root for the Rams first despite what it might look like to those that don’t view Goff the same as I do.