Gordon: On-field concerns keep mounting for Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
From what I've read the Ram's facility has not allowed signs in years. Apparently they don't have that rule at Oxnard.

That's what the Rams tweeted and it's untrue. They most definitely allowed signs before AND after the NFLN day. Their own rules sign says small signs only, but they allowed banner sized until NFLN day.

On this article...what?! Cunningham is the achiever and Tre Mason is "Yikes!"? Please.

bskrilla

Starter
That's what the Rams tweeted and it's untrue. They most definitely allowed signs before AND after the NFLN day. Their own rules sign says small signs only, but they allowed banner sized until NFLN day.

On this article...what?! Cunningham is the achiever and Tre Mason is "Yikes!"? Please.

If so that's fucked up. I've just never tried to take a sign to camp nor have I seen one at camp so I have no place to comment.

RamzFanz

Damnit
If so that's freaked up. I've just never tried to take a sign to camp nor have I seen one at camp so I have no place to comment.

Yep. We commented on them several times and they can be seen in the TC pics. No one said a word to them. Then come NFLN day, they were all outside on the street corner holding them until start time.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Would like to call this pessimistic but hard to because I feel a lot of this is true. Admittedly I am very nervous about this offensive line. The fact that Brandon Washington is the first guy off the bench does not say much for our depth either.....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Gordon needs to stick to writing about Baseball, or what ever his day job is! and not try to write about something he doesn't have any in-depth knowledge of, like Football!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Would like to call this pessimistic but hard to because I feel a lot of this is true. Admittedly I am very nervous about this offensive line. The fact that Brandon Washington is the first guy off the bench does not say much for our depth either.....

Line depth is a huge issue. I'm more worried now than ever. Robinson needs something. Saffold is too easy to take out. The rookies look pretty good, but who is next man up?

The Havenstein comment is unwarranted at this point and seems to be just the same old repeating of original worries rather than a fair judgement of his performance. He didn't even bother mentioning that Brown is exceeding expectations.

The penalties comments were fair.

The running backs paragraph was laughable BS.

ram007

Starter
Anything lower than 9-7 w-l record in 2015 and this entire coaching staff need to look themselves hard in the mirror. I don't give a damn about injuries, experience etc

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Surprised that most don't like a rebuilt O-Line, with youth....
I'm fine with the concept (going young) but I do share some of the concerns as @V3.

I just need to see it work... I think there will be some bumps in the road early on. Gonna take patience, I think.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher has not even sense a hot seat....because there is not one. He wants to win this year but is not under any direct pressure to do so.

I don't know why... but this doesn't sit well with me

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't know why... but this doesn't sit well with me
I get it and it is just my opinion and not a statement of fact.
I think it is a positive. Keeping the team moving forward under steady leadership is key to long term success. I think.

V3

Hall of Fame
Surprised that most don't like a rebuilt O-Line, with youth....
IMO, your O-line should be one of the first things built when starting a rebuild. They tried to do it with bad FA signings and castoffs. Also, if you find that you need to fix your O-line later on, you don't go with mostly youth all at once, especially when you're trying to make this season your breakout year.

The first two picks I wanted for the Rams when Fisher started was David Decastro and Cordy Glenn. Bradford might still be our QB had they been our picks.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
if you find that you need to fix your O-line later on, you don't go with mostly youth all at once, especially when you're trying to make this season your breakout year.
Simple question, why? I am a firm believer that this is a young mans game...no injury worries on that right side...all in my belief, that lines really need talent + continuity...

The first two picks I wanted for the Rams when Fisher started was David Decastro and Cordy Glenn. Bradford might still be our QB had they been our picks.
Agreed....I was looking at Tenn. vs Atl...Taylor Lewan...wonder who'd take him with #2 now? Decastro is pretty nice...Glenn is actually a surprise, I think he's a LT...Gabe Jackson, Warford, too late to try and figure out the why they weren't selected....maybe the way linemen are valued, the core will last while the skill positions mature...but Havenstein & Brown (law firm) are the least of my concerns...Center first, nickle corner 2nd....FS 3rd (lol, jk...not really...)

V3

Hall of Fame
Simple question, why? I am a firm believer that this is a young mans game...no injury worries on that right side...all in my belief, that lines really need talent + continuity...

Agreed....I was looking at Tenn. vs Atl...Taylor Lewan...wonder who'd take him with #2 now? Decastro is pretty nice...Glenn is actually a surprise, I think he's a LT...Gabe Jackson, Warford, too late to try and figure out the why they weren't selected....maybe the way linemen are valued, the core will last while the skill positions mature...but Havenstein & Brown (law firm) are the least of my concerns...Center first, nickle corner 2nd....FS 3rd (lol, jk...not really...)
Because I think it's unfair to expect what's needed for this team from two rookies and a player that's hardly ever played at C in the NFL. We don't have the luxury of waiting a couple years for these players to develop. We need them to produce NOW. We're going to lose a number of players next year due to a bunch of rookie contracts expiring, and if we somehow manage to re-sign everyone, we're going to have zero cap space left over to bring in anyone else to fill the holes we still have. This is the year this team should produce. If you're going to get what is fair to expect from essentially three rookie O-lineman, that's not going to be good enough to go very far. You can do fine with one rookie(maybe even two if they're not next to each other) on the O-line but not with the amount the Rams are playing. If this O-line can be one of the best lines in the NFL, I'll be shocked. They will have beaten the odds by a HUGE margin.

These young players on the O-line could be very good players in a couple years. I don't think it's fair to expect them to play at a high level this year, though.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get it and it is just my opinion and not a statement of fact.
I think it is a positive. Keeping the team moving forward under steady leadership is key to long term success. I think.
Of course... and you are certainly entitled to your opinion...

But, after three losing seasons, I'd like a little heat in his chair.

I wrote earlier in another thread about player's possibly becoming complacent with a "player's coach". Same might be true with a "coach's owner".

I know Kroneke fired Spagnuolo... but he didn't hire Spagnuolo.