Gordon: ‘Offense is coming,’ but weak line is real issue for Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
You’ve seen what the Seahawks’ defense has done to experienced offensive lines. What might they do a bunch of kids still figuring it out?

Oh stop that crap. The Rams beat the shitchickens before and will beat them again.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I've gotten to the point where i pay no attention to the bitter St Louis writers anymore. They act like a spouse who's checked out of a marriage while the divorce is pending. Understandable, but unprofessional IMO.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I've gotten to the point where i pay no attention to the bitter St Louis writers anymore. They act like a spouse who's checked out of a marriage while the divorce is pending. Understandable, but unprofessional IMO.

I get the same feeling when reading their articles. It is unprofessional. What if the Rams stay? Do they really know something? Their tone seems to indicate it. But if the Rams stay the writers will have to change their tune from this constant bitter negativity to something a bit more pleasant or everyone will stop reading. Nobody likes a Debbie downer.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I think unprofessional and bitter negative are a bit much. He didn't say a single untrue or unrealistic thing. The fact is in the real world, this line looks bad for a team who's coach is in his 4th year and hopes to make the playoffs. It just is. Calling a spade a spade isn't being bitter or unprofessional. I'd say its the opposite. You can't just gush over the home team every article as if there are no question marks here.
These reporters have made no secret of the fact that a winning, playoff year will make it almost impossible to move the team if we get financing. They're WANTING the team to do well, not hoping they suck.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think unprofessional and bitter negative are a bit much. He didn't say a single untrue or unrealistic thing. The fact is in the real world, this line looks bad for a team who's coach is in his 4th year and hopes to make the playoffs. It just is. Calling a spade a spade isn't being bitter or unprofessional. I'd say its the opposite. You can't just gush over the home team every article as if there are no question marks here.
These reporters have made no secret of the fact that a winning, playoff year will make it almost impossible to move the team if we get financing. They're WANTING the team to do well, not hoping they suck.

Yeah, well it's not like there are no good things to report on. I don't recall our reporters having anything nice to say about anything.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
As an 8 year ORT run blocking will always be an advantage over pass blocking as you know the snap count and will have momentum going forward or sideways in trap and wham blocks on unsuspecting DL. You deliver the blow instead of absorbing a blow in pass blocking as you set your base and use your slide or other techniques to give your QB precious time to find a reciever or whatever option he counts down to.

It was a great thing to not have even one person in the training room after our preseason scrimmage with the titans who are no jugernaut but will be better than a 2 win team they were last season under a coach I think has proven himself with what he did with Warner and the Cardinals in the SB.

If we can get Saffold and his shoulders plural , able to stay on the field and be there for G. Rob we can move forward this season. Just have someone better than Washington ready to go within the next two weeks please. The raiders voided a contract with Saffold due to his shoulder situation last season and we extended him here and then the raiders cut Wisnewski their center to sign the Chiefs center Hudson for big bucks for a center in FA'cy. Wis had both shoulders also recovering from offseason surgery. He is now starting for the Jags as we had him in and passed on him as he finally signed a one year prove it deal anyone could have afforded. They did beat the steelers (I full well know) in pre-season as the steelers are starting to look better after that loss and did better this last week. We will be seeing them and that rb real soon this season.

We passed on Max Garcia and the Georgia Tech kid that plays Center and guard Shaq Mason and Glowinski who the seahags took to be their future center to take Andrew Donnal in the 4th round. Plus passing BC's Gallick in 6th rd to take our ILB from Baylor who needs major pro seasoning and added muscle weight but may make our depleted lb core for ST's.

By now you can see where I'm going as I am most concerned with our too close to call real gametime decsion at ou key Pivot position as Well's showed us last season how important it is to have at least a decent center for the offense to score points. Points will be at a premium this season early especially as we seem to start so slow. Maybe our guys just need more playing time and gametime reps as all 3 were injured last season. How will we get those reps to all 3 guys in just two more games and not much time against other teams #1's? This whole senerio is very bothering as none of the 3 has made any seperation since OTA's started. I want a higher priority on our center position myself as in our past history Ken Iman,Rich Saul,Doug Smith with 15 pro bowls between them and 20+ straight years of excellance led the RAMS to many winning seasons and playoff games.

Only coach Boudreau knows from the practice field and film room which guy has the smarts and playing skills combination to earn the starting job. So we just watching play results on TV have no clue who will win the job. Jones seemed to have his best reps last week but it was against the 2's and 3's of the defense. He was getting downfield on many successfull running plays to Watts. As Coach Fisher said yesterday the final decision will probably be a gametime call. Thats scary to me . I'm glad we have an extra #2 pick next year as their are 5 Senior centers projected along with Voltz a JR from Wisconsin who played with R. Havenstein who is the 2nd highest rated center and a 1st or 2nd rounder if uninjured along with ND , USC , Mich St. and Mizzu senior centers. Lets keep building our OL with top talent please. Think the Donnal pick is gonna cost us. Especially now that we picked up Battle and Wichman is now practicing Finally this week.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Offensive line coach Bruce Boudreau must accomplish plenty between now and the opener Sept. 13 against Seattle.

Bruce? Is that his middle name, or am I just totally out of it right now. My assessment, how do these writers fuck up a first name of someone they've known and wrote about for since 2012.

Gordo, it is Paul, Paul, write it on the wall, Paul.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I agree with some of this but there are ways of saying things without sounding like the "realists" over on the PD message boards. Even still, the home town reporters are supposed to be somewhat homerish. It's not about blind praise. It's about reporting on your local team without straight bagging on them.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I agree with some of this but there are ways of saying things without sounding like the "realists" over on the PD message boards. Even still, the home town reporters are supposed to be somewhat homerish. It's not about blind praise. It's about reporting on your local team without straight bagging on them.

I suppose my definition of bagging is different than others. Based on what I've seen from various parts of the country I've lived in and visited, this IS homer reporting. Really, what's he supposed to say? "They've looked awful so far, but don't worry cause they've looked worse?"

And how is a hometown reporter supposed to be "professional" and "somewhat of a homer" at the same time yet not acknowledge whatsoever the relocation or the ten years of futility? It's an impossible task ROD is setting here.

It's just a disconnect there for me I guess. You've got a second relocation in 20 years, ten of those years were not good for W/L. To me in this situation getting mad at the reporters for not reporting positively enough is as pointless as worrying about recycling in Ethiopia. From what I've seen they've included the things that have gone well in the first two games. And they've all mentioned it's early and it's preseason. It's not their fault that there's not much good to talk about SO FAR. If they want positive coverage from locals, if they want positive national media attention, at a certain point it's going to have to come from the football field first. It's Jeff Fisher's job to provide positive stories about the Rams, not the reporters. IMO.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I suppose my definition of bagging is different than others. Based on what I've seen from various parts of the country I've lived in and visited, this IS homer reporting. Really, what's he supposed to say? "They've looked awful so far, but don't worry cause they've looked worse?"

And how is a hometown reporter supposed to be "professional" and "somewhat of a homer" at the same time yet not acknowledge whatsoever the relocation or the ten years of futility? It's an impossible task ROD is setting here.

It's just a disconnect there for me I guess. You've got a second relocation in 20 years, ten of those years were not good for W/L. To me in this situation getting mad at the reporters for not reporting positively enough is as pointless as worrying about recycling in Ethiopia. From what I've seen they've included the things that have gone well in the first two games. And they've all mentioned it's early and it's preseason. It's not their fault that there's not much good to talk about SO FAR. If they want positive coverage from locals, if they want positive national media attention, at a certain point it's going to have to come from the football field first. It's Jeff Fisher's job to provide positive stories about the Rams, not the reporters. IMO.
So you've seen our O-line being rag dolled? Because I haven't. I'm ok with them not heaping praise but using hyperbole to spin it the other direction or make an aspect of the team sound worse than it is? Not there with it.

And it is not ROD policy just because I have an opinion on something. I like to think I can give an opinion without it being expected that I think everyone must believe the same. Hell @-X- has some real whacked out opinions that I'm damn glad don't affect the direction of this forum. And @Selassie I ? Fuhgetabout it.

Really though, it just seems to me that they are reporting with a real bitter tone and not merely being realistic about what they see. It's cool if you don't see it that way.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Action like a professional means doing your job without letting your emotions or any other distractions or baggage(personal or non-personal) getting in the way.
These guys are clearly faltering.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
So you've seen our O-line being rag dolled? Because I haven't. I'm ok with them not heaping praise but using hyperbole to spin it the other direction or make an aspect of the team sound worse than it is? Not there with it.

And it is not ROD policy just because I have an opinion on something. I like to think I can give an opinion without it being expected that I think everyone must believe the same. Hell @-X- has some real whacked out opinions that I'm damn glad don't affect the direction of this forum. And @Selassie I ? Fuhgetabout it.

Really though, it just seems to me that they are reporting with a real bitter tone and not merely being realistic about what they see. It's cool if you don't see it that way.

I didn't mean it as ROD policy. That middle paragraph about ROD setting standards was in reference to several posts.

Have I seen our OL ragdolled every play? No. Do I think that's good enough to sugarcoat an OL that I think is going to have real problems getting us to where we should have long been by now, the playoffs? Not really. I think they are reporting in a realistic manner. It may seem negative because the reality is somewhat negative. They've reported the Rams look like they did last year, sloppy, undisciplined and a little flat. That's actually what's happened so far.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Fishers Rams.....OL is a real concern:confused:o_O so what about this concern is new?:unsure:

Seasoned members here have known about this long running concern FOREVER! This is nothing but very old news boys. I for one am OK with this direction where they have finally found the right road to building a strong OL through youth and the draft. (y)

I would just add that I would expect Snead and Fisher to try to keep as much of these rookies as possible to protect their investments to pay future divendends. This means keeping up to 10 OLers on the master roster. Meaning five rookies.