Gordon not used and available. Hmmmmm

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like other options better, unless Denver is giving him away. Gordon fumbles a lot and isn't that good in the passing game.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
giphy.gif

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Well, I understand the points being made....and....I agree, but here is a point:

Rams are looking to move Akers......the Broncos are looking to move Gordon. Both sides don't want what they have so why wouldn't you move them to get anything else? 1+1 = 2

oldnotdead

Legend
Gordon is a shadow of his former self. If I were Snead I'd be looking at a straight player swap with the Chargers. Michel for Akers, and IMO the Chargers would take that. Akers would be going to a contender which should make him happy.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A 29yr old Gordon. 3 fumbles in 5-6 games.

I hope for a better option… But, this might be the type of swap we take as opposed to releasing Akers.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
A 29yr old Gordon. 3 fumbles in 5-6 games.

I hope for a better option… But, this might be the type of swap we take as opposed to releasing Akers.

Where he came from would make sense & is a HENDO type of RB. Expiring contract ? Not sure ..

T.Lewis & Van Jefferson we’re part of the 2019 (2020) draft. I was a BIG Johnathan Taylor fan. So there you go another one of those Badgers.

Cam Akers had me fooled after his rookie season.I think he was only 21 years old.He was so young & thought he was going to be more durable.

WRONG!!!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Have to say the Colts without Taylor are such a different team. I’ve always been a Barkley fan from the Giants(p. State)

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Gordon may be getting long in the tooth but the last 6 years he's got 10, 8, 10, 8, 9, 8 rushing TDs plus 14 receiving TDs. Guy knows where the end zone is but those fumbles......

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Gordon still has some juice. No doubt about it.

He has fumbled a lot recently, but historically his ball security has been okay, and there is a large sample size there, so I suspect that with a fresh start he would put his recent fumble issues behind him.

He would not be my first choice, but I think Gordon is adequate as a bridge RB to get the Rams through this season.

Realistically, the Rams are likely looking at players in Gordon's tier, or surprise / no-name pickups. We do not have enough assets to be spending big at RB considering the other holes on the roster, chiefly o-line. Any RB will struggle to find much running room behind this o-line.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’d just say no to fumble prone RBs. Ball security is so very important.

Maybe Kyren Williams will work out, that is, if he isn’t truly made of glass.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I don't understand why some want Michel back when he's clearly not producing with the Chargers. We need someone that can find the cutback lanes better than Akers since the intended hole may be not be there with this o line. Michel is slow and has no lateral quickness. He wouldn't be better than Williams and Brown.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Gordon over Akers? At this point, yeah… probably an upgrade.

Gordon as a significant difference maker? Probably not.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I don't understand why some want Michel back when he's clearly not producing with the Chargers. We need someone that can find the cutback lanes better than Akers since the intended hole may be not be there with this o line. Michel is slow and has no lateral quickness. He wouldn't be better than Williams and Brown.
Speaking for myself, I like Michel because he seemed to always fall forward and run tough as hell and get the hard hards. He's not a cutback guy.. he's a get the ball and run through you kinda guy. And that's what I want.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Well, I understand the points being made....and....I agree, but here is a point:

Rams are looking to move Akers......the Broncos are looking to move Gordon. Both sides don't want what they have so why wouldn't you move them to get anything else? 1+1 = 2
Last thing we need is a RB that fumbles too much.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gordon is a shadow of his former self. If I were Snead I'd be looking at a straight player swap with the Chargers. Michel for Akers, and IMO the Chargers would take that. Akers would be going to a contender which should make him happy.
No.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
The chargers are a contender????

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Speaking for myself, I like Michel because he seemed to always fall forward and run tough as hell and get the hard hards. He's not a cutback guy.. he's a get the ball and run through you kinda guy. And that's what I want.
I don't think there will be many opportunities because our interior is weak and he'll be running into a pile of bodies. He's too slow for the outside pitches and runs that have been the most successful this year.

fearsomefour

Legend
I always thought Gordon was over rated.
Don't care for his game.
Id rather roll with what the Rams have. I much, much prefer Henderson.
I don't get McVay forcing this RB by committee thing. I think he is into getting various guys involved but Hendo is clearly better than anyone else on the roster. Just give him 15 + carries a game and be done with it.