Goff Was Money Tonight

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
If Coop catches that pass, Goff couldve thrown a TD the next play and things look a bit different. I thought he looked fine. Fisher seemed pleased by him as well.

Goff and Higbeast looked like money to me, to many drops by WR's, hated that
train

Ellard80

Legend
His throws looked solid.

Hopefully he will learn to get rid of the rock quicker when the rush is coming. That was the only criticism. But yeah.. all pretty meaningless at this point. Not much to go on yet.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I bet Spruce catches that ball that Coop dropped. Anyway it was a nice throw. My worries with Goff are the same as before the draft: Will he survive behind our line? Will he be turnover prone? The first year can be tough, he just needs some time. I would hate him to get freaked out by lack of protection and turn into Bradford. Mannion looks pretty good though, throwing to Spruce. And Higbee is a stud for sure!

That's why Spruce will probably climb over him on the depth chart. I bet he runs with the twos next week.

I don't think Goff played poorly, the receivers really let him down, especially early. Wish he saw the rusher when he threw the pick, but most QBs are going to miss that. The ball to Quick was a little off, but it looked great otherwise, Quick just wasn't fast enough, that'll come with timing and practice together.

The first throw I can't tell if the defender got a hand on it or it was a drop, other than that one , the pick, and the Quick deep pass the rest should have been caught. The one one to cooper (I think) along the sideline was a little high, but should have been caught.

I'm gonna watch his drives again to see his movement in the pocket, and I heard he wasn't scanning the field quickly, but that's to be expected to be honest.

Ramatik

Starter
I'm really surprised Coop dropped the ball. He was one of those guys I was really rooting for. I want them all to catch like Higbee and Spruce does. That's not asking too much is it?

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know we were not good enough there before we calmly, but aggressively traded up to get a REAL franchise quarterback and traded away two net picks.
Fixed it for ya Ramatik. It's a shame Heath Evans broke into your house and typed that horrible 7-9 crap on your keyboard! :redcard:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Fixed it for ya Ramatik. It's a shame Heath Evans broke into your house and typed that horrible 7-9 crap on your keyboard! :redcard:
Damn that Heath Evans!!!

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
That's why Spruce will probably climb over him on the depth chart. I bet he runs with the twos next week.
I believe Spruce was getting reps with the 2s already. I read where he made nice catches from Goff so those had to be with the 2s. Thomas was getting some reps with the 1s so I was really disappointed in his performance. I think Spruce needs reps with the ones to see what he can really do

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think we'll see plenty of Goff this season. I think he is closer to starting than most reports indicate. Keenum starts opening day but after that I'm betting it will become more of a toss up as to who starts. It might take all the way until the bye week but Goff will start this season.

I also think he is closer than the Rams are letting on. Watch the clip showing the throws: the kid was smooth and on the money. Prob was they didn't gameplan protections for the Cowboys throwing stunts and blitzes at him and two of his receivers looked shocked when the ball was in their face. Next game out protections should be better and I think Cooper's hands overall are much better than that dropped pass indicates.

No way Keenum starts game one. Goff is going to be the better option by a landslide after a couple more preseason tilts.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
In all fairness to Coop, his drop was on a pretty good pop. He still should have hung on, but it was nowhere near as bad as Thomas and?... the other drop.

Edit: was it Brian Quick that dropped the other Goff pass?

A55VA6

Legend
In all fairness to Coop, his drop was on a pretty good pop. He still should have hung on, but it was nowhere near as bad as Thomas and?... the other drop.

Edit: was it Brian Quick that dropped the other Goff pass?
It was Mike Thomas... i think. let me re-check

A55VA6

Legend
All of Goffs throws:

Cooper drop
Goff gets hit/throws INT
Thomas drop
Higbee completion
Higbee completion
Brown completion
Higbee completion
Quick incomplete (overthrow)
Cooper drop
Sack

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think we'll see plenty of Goff this season. I think he is closer to starting than most reports indicate. Keenum starts opening day but after that I'm betting it will become more of a toss up as to who starts. It might take all the way until the bye week but Goff will start this season.
I might add, IF we don't keep 3 QB's, Mannion will be worth a lot in the Trade market the way he looks!!(y);):D

Back Jlack

UDFA
Name
Back Jlack
I liked what I saw from Goff. Goff looked poised, confident, and VERY accurate. Can't help but compare him to Bradford and the biggest difference that I see is that Goff is not only willing to but also HAS the ability to make deep throws into tight windows and hit the receivers accurately when pressure is coming. Imo that's a key trait that separates the great qb's from the mediocre ones. I think Bradford had the ability to do that but didn't seem to have that boldness and always settled for a safer dink and dunk pass. On the opposite spectrum, Austin Davis had the courage to make those throws but didn't have skill set to do it on a regular basis.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm curious what the fate of that pass would have been had our right tackle not been a matador.
Not the tackle....Reynolds was locked on the DT, while the DE looped around and ran by him...He should have passed him off. Instead...I think it was silly to have Goff in there with the 2nd team line...that's 7-9 bullshit. Williams, Reynolds, and even....who was that out there? #64..Arkin...not bad...Donnal, not bad...not putting Goff out there with those guys tho...

Quick just wasn't fast enough, that'll come with timing and practice together.
You guys love to put Quick in there. That sideline pass wasn't even in the right area code, much less catchable. Put it in his catch radius, and see what happens...nobody wants to talk about the 5'8 speed ball that dropped the 3rd down throw. Cooper's huge drop...and Mike Thomas trying his best to get cut on Hardknocks.They cut 6th rounders you know.....that's 7-9 bullshit right there too...stop playing pokeman...get on the juggs...drops happen...but shouldn't on passes straight to them..Thomas drops...unexceptable...Cooper's drop un-fucking-acceptable...Yeah, the ball took a lil while..catch it...

Need Goff to get stronger...Not really worried about his talent...But he's not built for taking too many hits...
And while the other guy crack a rib, he's running around like a stallion....making a terrible o-line look decent...improvising...geez.
And Dak Presscot...Shit he looks ready to start....wish I coulda saw Goff behind our #1 line...with Benny back there...throwing to Quick...Britt...Higbee...Kendricks...and SPRUCE.

jjab360

Legend
You guys love to put Quick in there. That sideline pass wasn't even in the right area code, much less catchable. Put it in his catch radius, and see what happens...nobody wants to talk about the 5'8 speed ball that dropped the 3rd down throw. Cooper's huge drop...and Mike Thomas trying his best to get cut on Hardknocks.They cut 6th rounders you know.....that's 7-9 bullcrap right there too...stop playing pokeman...get on the juggs...drops happen...but shouldn't on passes straight to them..Thomas drops...unexceptable...Cooper's drop un-freaking-acceptable...Yeah, the ball took a lil while..catch it...
You're not going to be the guy who rags on a player every time he makes a mistake for having some unrelated, innocent fun after a long, hard day's work are you?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The only bad pass he threw was the sideline toss to Quick where he just flat out missed.

As far as the Cooper drop, not a lot of guys are going to hold on when they get whacked like that.

WestCoastRam

Legend
The pass to Cooper over the middle wasn't a great pass. And there was a TE uncovered in the flat. It's asking a lot of a rookie QB to get through all his progressions but that was on Goff.

Now maybe it was a route that Cooper was supposed to continue and not stop but I just can't see how the mistake is that Cooper dropped a ball when the DB had perfect coverage on him.

WestCoastRam

Legend
On the interception... the mistake there was something that probably had to happen pre-snap. It didn't look like there was a hot route to account for the blitz or maybe there needed to be an audible if a hot route wasn't available. Maybe the center made a mistake sliding the line protection to the left but I'm not so sure. Maybe, just maybe, it was a perfect defensive call.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Based on what coach Fisher said in post game comments, I don't see how Goff isn't our day 1 starter!!!!!!

bluecoconuts

Legend
You guys love to put Quick in there. That sideline pass wasn't even in the right area code, much less catchable. Put it in his catch radius, and see what happens...

I'm a huge Quick fan, I've been for a while, and one of his bigger supporters around here. I didn't think it was a knock on him, like I said I think it was just a timing thing between him and Goff.