Goff Was Money Tonight

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
4(+3 non dropped passes)=7/9 for 84 est. yds plus the opportunity for a red zone series from inside the ten for a TD. Zero ints. Because his protection didn't let him down. Took one sack and threw one away deep.Beautiful shot to Cooper about 25yds downfield.

Nearly flawless! Praises being showered on Jared...

:rant:Roman! Wake your ass up! :shocking:

Huh. Oh what? I dreamt that was what Goff did. Was I off?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I agree. the wr's fkd him over and all the announcers think he was shit because they just looked at the stat line and didnt watch the game.

Only mistake he made was when he got hit and threw the int, but really many qb's would do that. Would have been better to just tuck it in and go down, but no qb wants to do that, and as it was his first nfl ever, not going to roast him for trying to make something happen.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Only mistake he made was when he got hit and threw the int, but really many qb's would do that. Would have been better to just tuck it in and go down, but no qb wants to do that, and as it was his first nfl ever, not going to roast him for trying to make something happen.
I'm curious what the fate of that pass would have been had our right tackle not been a matador.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'm curious what the fate of that pass would have been had our right tackle not been a matador.
At worst, an incomplete pass.and then another on target pas that would be dropped most likely.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
At worst, an incomplete pass.and then another on target pas that would be dropped most likely.
Yeah. I'm not delusional. My biggest point with this thread is that Goff played pretty well- not perfect. But I am encouraged.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
That was a fucking great throw to Cooper. I'll give him that. Coop just got lit up.

BeachRam78

Rookie
Name
john
Nothing to be worried about. In the short amount of time he played he didn't look bad. I want to see Goff behind our starting O line and see what he can do. I know it's only preseason but our Wrs need to catch the ball. Tavon had a costly drop on 3rd and short and M.Thomas dropped two balls. Hopefully they will have a better showing next week.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His arm strength and ability to fit tight window is something we haven't seen in a long time.
And Keenum didn't exactly distance himself by having 2, 3 and out drives against a Dallas D that is missing many key players. (And not that good in the first place)

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...les-rams-suffers-shoulder-injury-first-series

LOS ANGELES -- Rams quarterback Jared Goff's NFL debut was cut a bit short Saturday night, when head coach Jeff Fisher sat him after only two series.

Fisher said he planned to play Goff throughout the third quarter against the Dallas Cowboys in the teams' preseason opener, but when he learned at the half that the rookie quarterback had a sore non-throwing shoulder after taking a hit in the second quarter, Fisher decided to sit him.

"At halftime, he was getting stiff, and I didn't want to mess around with it," Fisher said.

Both Fisher and Goff said the injury was not serious.

"I'm fine," Goff said. "I've played through much worse."

Goff, the No.1 overall pick in April's draft, completed just four of nine passes for 38 yards in the Rams' 28-24 win. Two passes were dropped. He also threw an interception.

Goff was banged up when hit by Dallas linebacker Derek Akunne in his first series.

"He got hit, and the ball floated," Fisher said. "He understands that."

Fisher said he expects the rookie to be able to practice this week. The Rams host the Chiefs next Saturday.

"He was fine," Fisher said. "Nothing was too big for him. He was at ease. It was fun."

Goff did return for a second series and might have thrown his first touchdown pass, if rookie receiver Pharoh Cooper had not dropped the ball.

"It would have been great, but I have a lot of football ahead of me," Goff said. "Hopefully next week I can have a little more production."

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Other than the INT, on which he was hit AS he threw it, I didn't see any throws that were off-target. And that throw to Coop was a thing of beauty (Coop, you gotta hang onto that ball, no matter what).

Would have been nice to see him back out there in the 3rd Quarter, but I get why Fisher shut him down.

Ram65

Legend
I though Goff looked good. Certainly not as bad as the announcers were saying. The "what ifs" will be will happen as he moves forward. FWIW Cooper took his eyes off the ball as he looked at the DB coming in.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I bet Spruce catches that ball that Coop dropped. Anyway it was a nice throw. My worries with Goff are the same as before the draft: Will he survive behind our line? Will he be turnover prone? The first year can be tough, he just needs some time. I would hate him to get freaked out by lack of protection and turn into Bradford. Mannion looks pretty good though, throwing to Spruce. And Higbee is a stud for sure!

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nothing to be worried about. In the short amount of time he played he didn't look bad. I want to see Goff behind our starting O line and see what he can do. I know it's only preseason but our Wrs need to catch the ball. Tavon had a costly drop on 3rd and short and M.Thomas dropped two balls. Hopefully they will have a better showing next week.
I hate to say it but maybe the best bet is Thomas is off the team and Spruuuuuuuuuuuuuce is a Ram for the next 15 years. Those dropped balls are 7 and 9 bulls--t and no longer an option especially when you have a sure handed receiver like Spruce. He was a crowd favorite and the Rams even featured him for a segment on the big screens at the game during a timeout. I don't know how they don't sign him after that performance. Talk about a steal!

Ramatik

Starter
I thought Keenum and Mannion played well. I think we were okay there before we panicked to get a "real franchise quarterback" and gave away six picks. That being said, Goff actually looked pretty good. If he stayed in there, he probably would have settled down. The other two didn't seem to be victimized by the o-line and dropped balls as much though. That shows a really good reason why we probably won't see much of him this year. I'd rather he just learn and become great as opposed to get bulgerized.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I thought Keenum and Mannion played well. I think we were okay there before we panicked to get a "real franchise quarterback" and gave away six picks. That being said, Goff actually looked pretty good. If he stayed in there, he probably would have settled down. The other two didn't seem to be victimized by the o-line and dropped balls as much though. That shows a really good reason why we probably won't see much of him this year. I'd rather he just learn and become great as opposed to get bulgerized.
I think we'll see plenty of Goff this season. I think he is closer to starting than most reports indicate. Keenum starts opening day but after that I'm betting it will become more of a toss up as to who starts. It might take all the way until the bye week but Goff will start this season.

A55VA6

Legend
If Coop catches that pass, Goff couldve thrown a TD the next play and things look a bit different. I thought he looked fine. Fisher seemed pleased by him as well.