Goff Was Money Tonight

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
4(+3 non dropped passes)=7/9 for 84 est. yds plus the opportunity for a red zone series from inside the ten for a TD. Zero ints. Because his protection didn't let him down. Took one sack and threw one away deep.Beautiful shot to Cooper about 25yds downfield.

Nearly flawless! Praises being showered on Jared...

:rant:Roman! Wake your ass up! :shocking:

Huh. Oh what? I dreamt that was what Goff did. Was I off?
Who dropped those passes.I know Pharoh dropped one.I was not able to watch the whole game

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
I hate to say it but maybe the best bet is Thomas is off the team and Spruuuuuuuuuuuuuce is a Ram for the next 15 years. Those dropped balls are 7 and 9 bulls--t and no longer an option especially when you have a sure handed receiver like Spruce. He was a crowd favorite and the Rams even featured him for a segment on the big screens at the game during a timeout. I don't know how they don't sign him after that performance. Talk about a steal!

The dropped balls are nothing new for Thomas.He did the same thing in college,otas.training camp and now preseason game.What good is size,physicality and athleticism if you cant catch the ball?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I thought it was cute that Dallas decided to blitz the fuck out of Goff and sit back in mostly base D against our other QB's.
200.gif

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I thought it was cute that Dallas decided to blitz the freak out of Goff and sit back in mostly base D against our other QB's.
200.gif
Still pissed about that. It makes you wonder if Fisher asked Marrinelli to give him some different looks.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Still pissed about that. It makes you wonder if Fisher asked Marrinelli to give him some different looks.
It's possible but i doubt it.
Prescott was impressive but he saw nothing defensively. Just sayin.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's possible but i doubt it.
Prescott was impressive but he saw nothing defensively. Just sayin.
Exactly. We showed nothing on defense. While Marinelli was dialing up all kinds of complex blitzes.

:unsure:Poor Dak Prescott. Walking around today, all full of himself, with that false sense of security.

In the mean time, OUR coaches need to pump our guy up better. He needs to work with our 1's and good hand receivers. Let the hero, Mannion have to throw to Thomas. - I was very impressed by Mannion, by the way.

Ram65

Legend
In all fairness to Coop, his drop was on a pretty good pop. He still should have hung on, but it was nowhere near as bad as Thomas and?... the other drop.

Edit: was it Brian Quick that dropped the other Goff pass?

Coop peaked @ the DB. IMHO if he looked the ball in he would have caught it.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Seven of nine throws were on the money, and he pushed the ball downfield. I like what I saw.

RamWoodie

Legend
I was somewhat impressed with him...but what rang loud was his inability to read the blitz...and he locked onto his WRs (first option) alot early.

All of that will come with time though. Goff has a good arm and a quick release...both can pay big dividends down the road. I gave him a C+.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.espn.com/blog/st-louis-r...t-rookie-jared-goff-reps-with-rams-first-team

IRVINE, Calif. -- Apparently it’s about perspective, this grooming of a star quarterback.

To the casual sporting eye, Los Angeles Rams prized rookie Jared Goff had something less than an auspicious NFL debut Saturday, completing 4 of 9 passes for 38 yards and an interception in two first-half series against the Dallas Cowboys.

But coach Jeff Fisher was encouraged, so much so that it’s likely the No. 1 overall pick will get his first reps with the starters this Saturday against the Chiefs.

“I’d like to get Jared some snaps with the ones at some point, and it quite likely would be this week against Kansas City,” Fisher said.

Case Keenum. Goff took his first reps with the starters in practice last week.

Fisher had planned to also play Goff in the third quarter against the Cowboys, but his non-throwing shoulder was sore after taking a hit, so Fisher shut him down.

“He’ll be fine,” Fisher said Sunday. “He’ll be practicing this week. There are no concerns whatsoever. There’s nothing to report as far as AC separation or things like that. He’s just a little banged up and sore, but was doing well this morning when I saw him in the training room.”

Fisher said the focus was on what Goff failed to do, with little credit given for what he did accomplish. He said a pass over the middle to Pharoh Cooper might have gone for a touchdown if the rookie receiver had held on to the ball.

“Nobody said anything about the throw,” Fisher said. “Step up in the pocket and make a great throw against a coverage which is tough to fit the ball in, and he did that. So from a coach’s standpoint, we see things differently than everybody else. And we’re seeing progress.

“You have no idea what he did on the line of scrimmage. How he checked in and out of things, changed protection. We saw a lot of good things there. The huddle, the tempo, the timing was all there. It’s just progression and that’s what we’re looking for.”

The Rams did have some bad injury news to report on a pair of rookies:

• Safety Brian Randolph, signed as a free agent out of Tennessee, suffered a torn ACL and was lost for the year. He will be moved to injured reserve. Said Fisher: “It’s very unfortunate for him. Fortunately for him, he’s gone through it before so we’ll tuck him away and give him an opportunity to compete next year.”

• Nelson Spruce, who led the receivers against the Cowboys with six catches for 51 yards and a touchdown, has a sprained knee that is not believed to be serious. Said Fisher: “He’ll probably miss a week or two, but from what I understand surgery is not going to be necessary. So it’s just a matter of him healing up.”

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw 3 drops, not 2
Only incomplete was the ball too far OB for Quick. But nice to see the downfield shot....

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I'm curious what the fate of that pass would have been had our right tackle not been a matador.

IMO, the hit that led to the Goff INT was not the fault of Donnal (RT on the play). It looked like a very well designed blitz by the Cowboys that confused the protection. Donnal's guy went wide and Reynolds' guy went inside and that opened up the B gap quite wide. Brown slid over and picked up the first blitzer nicely. The second blitzer, coming on a delay, had a wide open lane to Goff. Had Reynolds handed his guy off to Kush, who had nobody to block, and slid back to the right towards the B gap he might have been able to at least get a piece of the second blitzer. Instead, it turned out to be a triple team on the guy Reynolds engaged originally, Goff gets hit, and the ball was up for grabs.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm glad you broke that down. Good eye. I also went back and looked at the replay of this game. I am convinced that that play WOULD HAVE been a 12-15 yd easy completion on a curl to Harkey. He was wide open.

I also looked at all of his throws and his command of the offense, and am even MORE impressed. Great game for Goff, and a very good game by Mannion. I am very encouraged. Now they need to take another step with routes, and Thomas, Cooper and Tavon need to catch about 5 balls apiece to dislodge my Phelps Face.
Phelps Eli Face.jpg

:rant:I thought it was "Eli face"!