Goff vs Wentz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Minnesota is now faced with an interesting problem. They have three choices all with upside and down side.
I don't think so... Bridgewater will be #1.
Keenum will be #2 (unless he demands a trade or is up for free agancy (I don't if that is the case).
Bradford? I would guess they'll try to trade him for something.

He finally has a Wentz-like game and suddenly people are hoping for a qb controversy in Philly? Nope. Not gonna happen.
There is no controversy whether the Eagles win or not.
Wentz is their qb period.
Absolutely... there is NO QB controversy in PHI. Unless Wentz comes out next year and regressed terribly, he'll be their #1 for a long time.

These threads are getting soooo tired... Goff had a great year, his future is bright. I couldn't care less how Wentz, or any other QB does (until, or unless, they play the Rams).

Hoping this thing gets locked.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I don't think so... Bridgewater will be #1.
Keenum will be #2 (unless he demands a trade or is up for free agancy (I don't if that is the case).
Bradford? I would guess they'll try to trade him for something.
All 3 are free agents.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All 3 are free agents.
Thanks... then I'm thinking Bridgewater is the priority... then all bets are off.

It will be interesting to see how it turns out... but I do believe Bradford isn't a priority at all... the man cannot stay healthy.

fearsomefour

Legend
All very good points. But I’ll follow them up with a question. Out of the, let’s say, top 10 QBs in the league right now, who would you compare to Keenum? My list as it stands:
1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Roethlisberger
5. Wilson
6. Wentz
7. Rivers
8. Goff
9. Smith
10. Ryan

I mean, maybe Alex Smith? A much lesser Russell Wilson? At 30 years old, how much more does he have to offer? If he has any chance at continuing his level play, he should stay in Minnesota. Because any team in rebuilding mode won’t fit his skill set. To me, that’s not worth having him start. Especially if everything around him has to be perfect in order to succeed.
In terms of size and some limitations Brees.
Brees however is very accurate.
But we are having two different conversations.
You are comparing him to top 10 QBs. I am saying he can be a solid starting QB. He can fill the need for one of the 32 teams. Those are two different things.
Andy Dalton, Tyrod Taylor, whomever the Dolphins, Jets, Browns stayer, Bortles.....look at the QBs the Cardinals finished the year with.
There will be a market for him and he should get paid $12-16M a year or so. He has proven himself to be that sort of player. A second tier starter.

fearsomefour

Legend
Thanks... then I'm thinking Bridgewater is the priority... then all bets are off.

It will be interesting to see how it turns out... but I do believe Bradford isn't a priority at all... the man cannot stay healthy.
Keenum....limited
Bridgewater....higher ceiling but was only solid before a devestating injury
Bradford....QB 911.
Interesting choice.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
No question that the Vikings have an “interesting” QB situation, huh?

Think about it.

They just went to the NFC Championship game and yet they don’t have a single QB under contract for ‘18.

Weird.

And their choices are a bit weird, too.

Bridgewater is coming off of a career threatening injury and hasn’t thrown a pass for 2 years.

Bradford can play when healthy but is seldom healthy.

And Keenum just turned into a pumpkin vs the Eagles.

Seems hard for the Vikings to put all of their eggs into any of those 3 baskets, huh?

Just to make things more special, the Vikings will pick no higher than 28th in the next draft.

Geez...

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No question that the Vikings have an “interesting” QB situation, huh?

Think about it.

They just went to the NFC Championship game and yet they don’t have a single QB under contract for ‘18.

Weird.

And their choices are a bit weird, too.

Bridgewater is coming off of a career threatening injury and hasn’t thrown a pass for 2 years.

Bradford can play when healthy but is seldom healthy.

And Keenum just turned into a pumpkin vs the Eagles.

Seems hard for the Vikings to put all of their eggs into any of those 3 baskets, huh?

Just to make things more special, the Vikings will pick no higher than 28th in the next draft.

Geez...

All the choices aren't very good. Keenum looked like a backup and needs everything to go his way to be effective. Game broke down and he didn't play well at all. Bradford would be a nice option if the season lasted 2 games. Bridgewater? Who knows where he is at this point.

Glad we have our QB.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
In terms of size and some limitations Brees.
Brees however is very accurate.
But we are having two different conversations.
You are comparing him to top 10 QBs. I am saying he can be a solid starting QB. He can fill the need for one of the 32 teams. Those are two different things.
Andy Dalton, Tyrod Taylor, whomever the Dolphins, Jets, Browns stayer, Bortles.....look at the QBs the Cardinals finished the year with.
There will be a market for him and he should get paid $12-16M a year or so. He has proven himself to be that sort of player. A second tier starter.
Brees arm is absolute elite. He can make every throw and has been doing it for 15 years. Bad comparison IMO. Those other teams you mentioned have QBs that would be just as good with the same situation as Keenum. Dalton? He’s put up decent numbers for a while. I think you’re short selling him.

You don’t have to look further then Keenum in 2016. That’s what type of QB he is when things aren’t perfect. Which is not starter material.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
keenum will beat out bridgewater in camp if they sign both bank on it. then they will be middle of the pack Vikings again