Goff vs. Wentz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Basically its these RODers
VS
So basically...group A is the smarter, bigger penis group, and group B is...well....the opposite!

Thanks for clarifying!!:mrburnsevil:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Look at the out and in patterns. Same routes for each of them. Also, it's a good thing they didn't compare deep balls because Goff throws nothing but DIMES.

I won't be upset if we go Goff. I like him a lot.

I happen to believe that both of these QB's trump Winston and Mariota. I'm not the first to say that.

Wentz can put on a show too.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
I know that highlight reels aren't a good way to evaluate QBs and I'm certainly no expert, but when I watch Goff highlights he really looks special. The way Goff avoids pressure is a thing of beauty and then he puts the ball right on the money. I'm not nearly as blown away by the Wentz highlights. I see a big guy that throws and runs pretty good but it's just not on the same level at all to me.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Path to the Draft - 1 hour special tomorrow night on Goff v Wentz - NFL network

I can't decide if I'm happy to have these few weeks to talk about it or if I just want to know.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I really enjoyed watching these 2 QBs interact with Mooch...

GOFF:

WENTZ:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
VS

Still time to come over to the dark side

Don't fight it, you know you will, as for the "dude" at the top of the lower list, someone needs to slap him upside his head...it's not like him to be so wrong:sneaky:

Last edited:

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
The one thing that bugs me the most. Wentz's highlights are mostly just him running the ball past high school kids for TDs. Goffs tape shows his passing ability is on another level. I take the skinny kid, and make him bulk up. Not the guy that has "potential". We take the guy that can play right away and win us games.

agree ^^^ Give me the polish and you can keep the potential!

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
It's Wentz. All i can say (not true) is if you watch the Gruden camp and Mariucci videos with them, who do you want leading your team? Goff looked like a tentative nervous kid called into the principals office (been there before) while Wentz acted as an equal. Bright lights? Bring them on. Also, when Gruden asked Goff to write down 1-11, I didn't like the way he held his pen. Fingers on the point for control, basics. And I noticed someone before mentioned his passes looked wobley. Seemed to my eyes from watching the film, it's more of a lack of spin on the ball as the half white stripe around the ball gives a slow motion effect on film because of the slow rotation. Enough nonsense, I'll retire to better insights here and just keep on watching.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
VS
put me on the Goff list.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
It's Wentz. All i can say (not true) is if you watch the Gruden camp and Mariucci videos with them, who do you want leading your team? Goff looked like a tentative nervous kid called into the principals office (been there before) while Wentz acted as an equal. Bright lights? Bring them on. Also, when Gruden asked Goff to write down 1-11, I didn't like the way he held his pen. Fingers on the point for control, basics. And I noticed someone before mentioned his passes looked wobley. Seemed to my eyes from watching the film, it's more of a lack of spin on the ball as the half white stripe around the ball gives a slow motion effect on film because of the slow rotation. Enough nonsense, I'll retire to better insights here and just keep on watching.

Now we're comparing how they each hold a pen? Dear God..this is going to be a long two weeks.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Like X10

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Now we're comparing how they each hold a pen? Dear God..this is going to be a long two weeks.

Well at least we aren't asking about if they use lotion... wait... he said PEN.

Sorry...nevermind...

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wentz has no idea what he's getting into, is not prepared to start and won't be for sometime.

Goff is expecting to be a day 1 starter and he knows that a guy like Gruden can hurt his draft stock more than he helps it.

Wentz is a deer in the headlights. Just like he'll be against an NFL blitz.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Man o man. This is tough. Seems to me Goff looks a little more accurate but Wentz is such a physical specimen.
But I think we will be good either way. Sure glad I'm not GM making the decision.
Agreed! I'll gladly leave that decision to Snisher!!:mrburnsevil:

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
Wentz has no idea what he's getting into, is not prepared to start and won't be for sometime.

Goff is expecting to be a day 1 starter and he knows that a guy like Gruden can hurt his draft stock more than he helps it.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

What the hell are you talking about?

It's one thing to be totally biased and that's fine. It's before the draft and if there ever were a time to simply have an opinion devoid of fact or analysis, now would be the time.

However, if you're going to make statements as if they are fact, then there's a higher standard then that.

Goff knows a guy like Gruden can hurt his draft stock more than he helps it? What source do you have for this?

Wentz has no idea what he's getting into? Based on what?

Wentz is not prepared to start and won't be for sometime? Based on what? His five years in a pro-style offense and 2 years starting and running it? His demonstrated knowledge using other language (specifically using Gruden's language and recognizing the play on the board using Gruden's language without prompting)? Mariucci also verifying that Wentz was familiar with complicated Pro A Gap blitz looks as presented to rookie Russell Wilson against Arizona due to the system he ran at NDSU?

Wentz is a deer in headlights? Based on what? I've not even seen the slightest hesitation to answer a question on any subject. He's the most take charge QB I've seen in a really long time, actually and it's refreshing.

Again, if you want to straight up homer for a dude, knock yourself out. 'Tis the season and all that.

But c'mon. Even being all in, there's no need to trash the other guy. That's just bad karma.

What if we take Wentz? Do you want to be right or the Rams to be right? Creates drama and isn't there enough of that everywhere else in the world???