Goff vs Mahomes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not a fan of this analogy, Mahomes is a beautiful classic truck and Goff is a minivan?
how dare you.gif

dont get it.gif

That's a TRACTOR! ;)

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
After watching Mahomes last night, the hype is all about arm strength and his uncanny ability to escape the rush and find an open receiver on the move. He takes a lot of chances and is getting away with late throws over the middle. I don't think you can sustain that success over the long haul in today's NFL but Fran Tarkenton is in the HOF so....................

Pretty much, media hypes up QBs that are flashy with their abilities (see 2012 RG3, 2016 Prescott, 2017 Wentz/Watson)

Goff's ability isn't flashy but if you see the nuances of his passing abilities like making throws in tight windows and anticipating the timing of where his receiver will be, that's a recipe for sustainable success at the QB position.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
After watching Mahomes last night, the hype is all about arm strength and his uncanny ability to escape the rush and find an open receiver on the move. He takes a lot of chances and is getting away with late throws over the middle. I don't think you can sustain that success over the long haul in today's NFL but Fran Tarkenton is in the HOF so....................
Yes, history says so! Pat M. is great, but so was Favre....and ol' Brett only won one super bowl.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
I am not a fan of this analogy, Mahomes is a beautiful classic truck and Goff is a minivan?
How about Mahomes ...
72-EC_Front-3-4.jpg

Goff ...
kawasaki-h2r2-1.png
Some of you guys need to learn something about cars/trucks. A El Camino is a "car", not a truck. It is a Chevelle with a bed on it. Same components, not a truck in any real way. They can not haul much weight, by design.
Comparing a car/truck to a crotch rocket makes no sense.
You might have compared a Chevelle to a Tesla or something like that. 76 Corvette to a 2018 Ferrari . I agree, the comparison to the old truck dash to a motor home's(thats what it is) did not make much sense. But this was not much better.
And a El Camino SS with a big block and cowl induction will always be cooler than a Kawasaki . And I hate Chevy's. Own a 69 GTO and 79 WS6 Trans Am.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Some of you guys need to learn something about cars/trucks. A El Camino is a "car", not a truck. It is a Chevelle with a bed on it. Same components, not a truck in any real way. They can not haul much weight, by design.
You might have compared a Chevelle to a Tesla or something like that. 76 Corvette to a 2018 Ferrari . I agree, the comparison to the old truck dash to a motor home's(thats what it is) did not make much sense. But this was not much better.
And a El Camino SS with a big block and cowl induction will always be cooler than a Kawasaki . And I hate Chevy's. Own a 69 GTO and 79 WS6 Trans Am.

....ah, hence the name (gogoat)! I bet it's fab. Post pics in the "member pics" forum!
LOL I was wondering what the nicer vehicle was... thanks for the clarification.
Maybe we compare them to a Lambo & a Hellcat? Ferrari & a Viper?

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some of you guys need to learn something about cars/trucks. A El Camino is a "car", not a truck.

You’re correct, I’m clueless when it comes to cars, trucks, motor homes, ect.

I agree, the comparison to the old truck dash to a motor home's(thats what it is) did not make much sense.

let me explain.gif

The analogy I was going for (and failed miserably) was Andy Reid is old (old truck) and Sean McVay is current (new truck or motor home…lol) using the Tractor/Trailer theory for added humor. Sorry for the confusion.

confusion.gif

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
To clarify I was referring to the original picture, I can't tell by interior but it just reminded me of my own 53 F250. Everyone with two brain cells knows that an El Camino was a car - or we should hope so. I'm not a Chevy fan either, but the old El Caminos were just cool and I liked the big blocks by all makes when I was a kid - probably a little too much, and then there's the Chevelle SS ... man I don't care those were just pretty.

But I'm sorry, our opinions diverge at the Ninja - cool as that 454 may be, you can't beat physics - or that pure connection to the road and the exhilarating risk that you get on a bike where the rider is the only real limitation.

Finally, I'm just not old enough to find enough value in a freaking motor home to rate it any better than a mini van, but perhaps with my preference for two wheels I'll never see that last step before the nursing home.

sloramfan

Starter
i like goff..

im a rams fan...

but mahomes is something beyond comprehension..

there's a reason reid had no problem trading smith...

rams v chiefs... showdown brewing... theater like no other...

i know i'll be on pins a needles for that one...

go rams

slo

sloramfan

Starter
mahomes pegging the dumb meter?...

good luck with that take..

they said he has a photographic memory.. and is beyond quite cerebral...

im not a mahomes fan (especially when against the rams) but thats just a misinformed take...

when the rams play the chiefs, i just hope our D gets a couple of stops, because the O looks as good as KC's...

and i'm glad we got goff... wouldn't trade him for anyone, including mahomes...

go rams

slo

Flint

Pro Bowler
Goff was the shiz for about 5 minutes now he’s back to being the other guy. Since they’re 1-2 in a lot of categories media guys have to talk about Goff, but Mahomes is more athletic and has a stronger arm and has that gunslinger thing so now he’s the next big thing. Mahomes is flashy and throws late across the middle and left handed, Goff throws on time with surgical precision.
Mahomes is flamboyant and Favre-like, Goff is quiet and stays within the offense.

jjab360

Legend
Goff was the shiz for about 5 minutes now he’s back to being the other guy. Since they’re 1-2 in a lot of categories media guys have to talk about Goff, but Mahomes is more athletic and has a stronger arm and has that gunslinger thing so now he’s the next big thing. Mahomes is flashy and throws late across the middle and left handed, Goff throws on time with surgical precision.
Mahomes is flamboyant and Favre-like, Goff is quiet and stays within the offense.
Not saying that either one of them have reached or will reach that point but I know who I'd take between Peyton and Favre

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A purist, I see...The ability of the El Camino to haul heavy loads is limited, but it can haul bulky loads that a Chevelle never could. Let's be honest here, pick ups are rarely used like a truck in cities. I've seen bastardizations of a truck that's lowered and utterly useless driving off road. There are others that look so pristine, with snap on leather-looking tarps of the bed, which you know the owner probably hauls little but luggage and groceries after shopping, and never off road. I use my 4x4 GMC Sierra 1500 as a truck should be used, hauling some things that were heavy enough to rip the sprayed on lining I have in the bed and it has been off road many times. Having said that, I've always liked the El Camino and its owners may have used it more like a truck than many a 4x4 truck owner.

"A truck is, as a truck does" ~ El Camino Owner, Forrest Gump

So those with an El Camino "car" owner could have hauled more than some guy with a prissy looking 4x4 over the life of both vehicles.