Goff vs Mahomes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
Andy Reid System:
2017 Alex Smith QB rating after 4 games: 123.85
2018 Pat Mahomes QB rating after 4 games: 126.5

Sean Mcvay System :
2017 Jared Goff QB rating after 4 games: 111.9
2018 Jared Goff QB rating afer 4 games: 127.3

Goff year to year improvement:
2016 - 63.6
2017- 100.5
2018 - 127.3

Goff 2018 game to game improvement:
Game 1 - Raiders - 97.2
Game 2 - Cardinals - 108.1
Game 3 - Chargers - 123.8
Game 4 - Vikings - 158.3

Goff is now the highest rated QB in the NFL after 4 weeks.

Top 10:

1 Goff --127.3
2 Mahomes --126.5
3 Brees -- 115.3
4 Fitz -- 114.3
5 Ryan -- 114.0
6 Rivers -- 110.8
7 Tannehill -- 106.1
8 Cousins -- 103.6
9 Smith -- 102.2
10 Trubunsky -- 101.6

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
If you believe in Passer Rating, Yards, Yards Per Att, Comp%, TD/INT as the main indicators, Mr. Goff is the Number #1 quarterback in the NFL heading into week 5.

2018 Jared GOFF
Att 97, Comp 134, Comp% 72.4, Yards 1,406, YPA 10.5, TD 11, INT 2, Rating 127.3

(4 games)
Comp% Rank #3
Yards Rank #2
YPA Rank #1
TD Rank #2
Rating Rank #1

LDN-L-RAMS-0928-17-kjs3.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The only stats i want to use are my eyes. My eyes tell me Goff has Kurt Warner like accuracy. Mahommes does not at this stage. But Goff is in his third year now so maybe mahommes can get better at that as he gets more comfortable in the league.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So Aaron Rodger's blows I guess....NO STATS!

TexasRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So Aaron Rodger's blows I guess....NO STATS!

Actually Rodgers has been unimpressive so far in 2018. Does that mean he will stay mediocre in 2018, most likely not. He is dealing with a knee issue and a subpar supporting cast though.

7 TDs in 4 games. 7.2 yards per pass compared to Goff's 10.5. 63.5 completion percentage compared to Goff's 72.4. 11 pass over 20 yards compare to 23 for Goff.

Yea I would say so far Rodgers has been mediocre. And he's pretty frustrated about it.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
After watching Mahomes last night, the hype is all about arm strength and his uncanny ability to escape the rush and find an open receiver on the move. He takes a lot of chances and is getting away with late throws over the middle. I don't think you can sustain that success over the long haul in today's NFL but Fran Tarkenton is in the HOF so....................

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Modern Day talking heads and pundits are always going to hype up those wing it and sling it type QBS (unless your surname is Brady Brees and rodgers (who is kinda a tweener) Last season darlings were Wentz and Watson .. this year its Mahomes and Wussell has made a living off it

while our golden gunslinger is going stand tall in the pocket with a DE intent ringing his bell throw a strike to woods Kupp or cooks and itll only be because Mcvay schemed them open .... and 10 years later when Goff is still in the league with multiple MVPs and Rings we can all just sigh with content when people get described as the next Jared Goff ...

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Patrick Mahomes (Andy Reid) System =
dashboard2.jpg

Jared Goff (Sean McVay) System =
dashboard5.jpg

Curt760

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Curt760
Winning is the only true indicator and both QBs are 4-0. Mahomes is fun to watch though. Lets see how he does against Jacksonville.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That win by Mahomes last night was very impressive down 10 playing at Denver the hype is real about that guy. I like Goff better because I’m a pocket passer type of guy but if I had to get a scrambler it would be him. He’s russel Wilson just bigger and better always keep his eyes down field and can make every throw from every angle. Defenses are scared of that

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That win by Mahomes last night was very impressive down 10 playing at Denver the hype is real about that guy. I like Goff better because I’m a pocket passer type of guy but if I had to get a scrambler it would be him. He’s russel Wilson just bigger and better always keep his eyes down field and can make every throw from every angle. Defenses are scared of that
watching the highlights on youtube ... his recievers are bailing him out more so that Russells ..a LOt of his plays were made out the pocket and there aren't many that can rin step for step with tyreek hill

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
the game saving play should have been a delay penalty.......the refs missed it.

thats two plays they fucked up just this week that changed the outcome.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Both look to be good QB's in the NFL for a long time. Just glad we have our QB.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
I wouldn't trade Goff for anyone right now but Mahommes is a freaking animal, holy shit. The way he's slinging the ball is incredible and with zero interceptions to boot.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the game saving play should have been a delay penalty.......the refs missed it.

thats two plays they freaked up just this week that changed the outcome.
Really shame they missed it.
KC made em pay for it that's for sure

fearsomefour

Legend
Both look to be good QB's in the NFL for a long time. Just glad we have our QB.
This is it to me.
It doesn't matter to me if Goff gets all the snuggles and love he deserves. Or if he is ranked one or tenth by one publication or another.
He is young and still developing. He is matched with a visionary coach. He has a skill set that can make him great, but, more importantly lead this team to long term success.
After years roaming the post Martz desert, the Rams have their franchise QB and he should be in horns for years.
This is thee most important part of having long term success in the NFL.
Winning.

James Otto

Starter
Mahomes can't hold Goff's jock, despite his early start.

Too understand how insanely good Goff is playing, his ANY/A (Adjusted net yards per attempt) was 7.72 last year, and led the entire NFL. It is 10.81 this year.