Goff Trade Up

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, me neither.
I'm spent after the Bradford era.

YOU COULD DEFEND CASE KEENUM AND KELLEN CLEMENS, BUT YOU CAN'T DEFEND OUR PRECIOUS? I SEE HOW IT IS.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
YOU COULD DEFEND CASE KEENUM AND KELLEN CLEMENS, BUT YOU CAN'T DEFEND OUR PRECIOUS? I SEE HOW IT IS.

Umm, ... Precious lost !

gollum.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, nobody's calling Goff garbage.
I think the consensus is that Goff is pretty good.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, nobody's calling Goff garbage.
I think the consensus is that Goff is pretty good.
Most people do, some people think he's below average and would rather have other QB's. But yes this debate is played out and Goff keeps proving that week after week.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Memphis, that doesn't make any sense at all. If the "lesser QB" is producing better results in the same situation in the NFL, he's not a lesser QB.

Again jrry32. These guys aren't robots. And neither are the players surrounding them. And the situations / circumstances of their opponents are not constant. One can even see that when these guys play inter in divisional games. Surely you've seen where a player can shine in one and crap the bed in another vs. the same opponent within a season, haven't you? The didn't become better or lesser players did they?

Kurt Warner wasn't the lesser QB when he had 21 TDs vs. 18 INTs while Trent Green had 16 TDs vs. 5 INTs in five starts during the same season with the same team. And he wasn't the lesser QB when Marc Bulger replaced him either. Only one has a bust at Canton.

After his sophomore season did anyone really believe Trung Candidate was a better rusher or on par with Marshall Faulk because he averaged 5.7 yards per carry to Faulk's 5.3 yards per carry?

Personally, I've seen quarters where a lesser sales person topped a unit's best sales person while both worked the same number of hours, on the same system, calling on the same client list. Why? Not because the former salesperson was actually a better salesperson than the latter (as it rarely happens). Again because we are human and not robots and the clients weren't constants.

Last edited:

Memphis Ram

Legend
That is, of course, ridiculous. If you want to carry on this game with Memphis, have at it, ... but i'm out.

I know that I should sat out a long time ago, but I've had some time to kill.

Hey. Maybe I'll find out what else I believe here.;)

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You trade up for Staffords, Wentz, and Watson types....

Drafting a QB isn't about the first year. Nor even the second year. It's about the next decade to decade and a half, particularly when it's a pocket QB.

Some big names from the best QB ever lists and then Goff, with breakout year being the first year they got over 90 QBR:

Tom Brady
Physique: good height, skinny build, solid arm
Type QB: Pocket
1st season: limited snaps, 1 of 3 for 6 yards, 42.4 QBR
2nd season: 2,843 yards, 18 TDs, 12 INTs, 86.5 QBR
3rd & 4th season: 85.7 & 85.9 QBR
BREAKOUT YEAR: 4

Joe Montana
Physique: short, skinny build, weak arm
1st season: limited snaps, 13 of 23 for 96 yards, 81.1 QBR
2nd season: 1,795 yards, 15 TDs, 9 INTs, 87.8 QBR
3rd & 4th season: 88.4 & 88.0 QBR
BREAKOUT YEAR: 5

Payton Manning
Physique: good height, skinny build, solid arm
1st season: 3,739 yards, 26 TDs, 28 INTs, 71.2 QBR
2nd season: 4,135 yards, 26 TDs, 16 INTs, 90.7 QBR
BREAKOUT YEAR: 2

Dan Marino
Physique: good height, average build, strong arm
1st season: 2,210 yards, 20 TDs, 6 INTs, 96.0 QBR
2nd season: 5,084 yards, 48 TDs, 17 INTs, 108.9 QBR
BREAKOUT YEAR: 1 (freak of MFing nature)

Roger Staubach
1st season: limited snaps, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 69.5 QBR
2nd season: limited snaps, 2 TDs, 8 INTs, 42.9 QBR
BREAKOUT YEAR: 3

John Elway
Physique: good height, athletic/physical build, freak arm
Type QB: Pocket (with plus scrambling ability)
1st season: 1,663 yards, 7 TDs, 14 INTs, 54.9 QBR
2nd season: 2,598 yards, 18 TDs, 15 INTs, 76.8 QBR
3rd and 4th season: 70.2 & 79.0 QBR

Brett Farve
Physique: good height, athletic/physical build, strong arm
1st season: limited snaps, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 0.0 QBR
2nd season: 3,227 yards, 18 TDs, 13 INTs, 85.3 QBR
3rd season: 72.5 QBR
BREAKOUT SEASON: 4

Aaron Rodgers
Physique: good height, athletic/physical build, strong arm
1st season: limited snaps, 0 TDs, 1 INTs, 39.8 QBR
2nd season: limited snaps, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, 48.2 QBR
3rd season: limited snaps, 1 TD, 0 INTs, 106 QBR

Drew Brees
Physique: short, average build, solid arm
1st season: limited snaps, 1 TD, 0 INTs, 94.8 QBR
2nd season: 3,284 yards, 17 TDs, 16 INTs. 76.9 QBR
3rd season: 67.5 QBR

Jared Goff
Physique: good height, skinny build, strong arm
1st season: 63.6 QBR
2nd season: 2385 yards, 16 TDs, 4 INT, 101.5 QBR
BREAKOUT SEASON: 2?

Looking at the above, that being the best QBs in the modern era in sustained top performance over many years and subsequent Hall of Fame type careers, only Dan Marino "lived up to" what the media demands from young QBs. So once again and for the millionth time, for any media type who wants to slam on a young QB they should really do their MFing homework and understand the historical data surrounding the position.

Jared Goff not only compares just fine with what he's done this season, but given the youth of the team around him, coaching, etc he is likely to exceed many of the Hall of Fame QBs on the list above. And before someone starts trying to divert the conversation to Super Bowl wins, for any of us who has watched this game longer than most Seahawks fans we know that is also about the team not just the QB.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Drafting a QB isn't about the first year. Nor even the second year. It's about the next decade to decade and a half, particularly when it's a pocket QB.
I'd agree.....btw
that's some fine work up there
Dan Marino
1st season: 2,210 yards, 20 TDs, 6 INTs, 96.0 QBR
2nd season: 5,084 yards, 48 TDs, 17 INTs, 108.9 QBR
BREAKOUT YEAR: 1 (freak of MFing nature)
I love me some Dan Marino....they really were on him too....off field stuff...I wonder what it was?...Pitt shoulda drafted him...I seem to remember they had Bubby Brister starting....oh well

totally agree Merlin...

but I think today's game...today's QB...have changed....with the advent of year round football, particularly 7 on 7 passing camps....the Qb entering the league is capable of making an impact...and sustaining it....IF...he has the unique skills to succeed.

Plus the coaching.

Brady beat us with an inferior team in 2001....Because he also benefited from such work....his numbers don't suggest it...but he was far and away prepared to run a two minute offense...and it showed in the super bowl...

My point...QB's will "SHOW" earlier than ever if they are ready...have special talent. Especially if placed in the "right" circumstances. Wentz appears to be in one...So does Goff...I'd include Dak, Bortles, Marriota....and to some extent Winston. It's yet to be seen if Trubisky, Kizer....and now, Garoppolo are in good systems and can thrive.

These next 5 games will show us what our QB is made of....starting this week. He made some excellent throws against Houston.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I love me some Dan Marino....they really were on him too....off field stuff...I wonder what it was?...Pitt shoulda drafted him...I seem to remember they had Bubby Brister starting....oh well

Goin off memory I think he had a "playboy" rep in college lol. Some of those GMs were probably jealous. Morons.