Goff Observations

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Spruce and Higbee appear to be reliable possession receivers.
If life was fair, Mannion would be the starter at this point of the preseason.
RB depth appears to be strong.
Jenkins will be sorely missed.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
IMO WRs made him look a lot worse than he should have. Keenum was dinking and dunking in an efficient way, but Goff was actually throwing the ball downfield. I also liked the new look of the offense alot more spread and quick hitting with the TEs flexed and RBs heavily involved.

Take a closer look at his incompletions as I remember

1. Mike Thomas terrible drop.
2. Waited too long tried to dump to pharoh, would have been a tough catch in traffic (but that's exactly what you expect out of a slot WR)
3. Held the ball to a little too long and was hit as he threw picked.
4. Deep shot Quick with safety over the top, so not a terrible incompletion out of bounds would have been an elite bucket throw if he completed it.
5. Best ball of the night bullet over the middle over the LBs between the safeties to pharoh and he can't hold on after the hit. Cooper holds on here its a whole different story.

I am actually encouraged by the new look offense and I would have liked to see Goff play more because he was the only QB throwing downfield.
I saw the same game. The state sheet doesn't reflect what he did.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
Yeah I was worried about his shoulder he got freakin drilled.. flashbacks of Bradford all over again

giphy.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff can really throw the football. That is still apparent.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

that ball goff threw down the middle to cooper literally made my dick go hard.

however the wrs made it go limp again. spruce looks great though. i wish they would give him some time with the 1s to see what he can do. definitely a keeper. duke also looked the part.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor

that ball goff threw down the middle to cooper literally made my dick go hard.

however the wrs made it go limp again. spruce looks great though. i wish they would give him some time with the 1s to see what he can do. definitely a keeper. duke also looked the part.

Uh, literally?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
IMO WRs made him look a lot worse than he should have. Keenum was dinking and dunking in an efficient way, but Goff was actually throwing the ball downfield. I also liked the new look of the offense alot more spread and quick hitting with the TEs flexed and RBs heavily involved.

Take a closer look at his incompletions as I remember

1. Mike Thomas terrible drop.
2. Waited too long tried to dump to pharoh, would have been a tough catch in traffic (but that's exactly what you expect out of a slot WR)
3. Held the ball to a little too long and was hit as he threw picked.
4. Deep shot Quick with safety over the top, so not a terrible incompletion out of bounds would have been an elite bucket throw if he completed it.
5. Best ball of the night bullet over the middle over the LBs between the safeties to pharoh and he can't hold on after the hit. Cooper holds on here its a whole different story.

I am actually encouraged by the new look offense and I would have liked to see Goff play more because he was the only QB throwing downfield.

I saw it similarly, so nice take lol.

Seems to me this offense has been adjusted for Goff's strengths. He is the piece that will make it go, as we saw even in a very short look, because he can look and execute throws downfield enough to back defenses off, which will be a dangerous combination with Gurley in the backfield.

Also, the holding the ball bit has to happen from time to time. I want a QB to feel comfortable holding it and working those feet. The bigger problem is letting Dallas' ghetto ass DL get near-instant pressure on a couple of those plays. That stunt coming from the LT/LG side was the one that really got me angry.

I have zero concerns on Goff. He's right where he should be: calm and in control. Dude's gonna be good.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I am very pleased that Goff was throwing the ball down the field instead of dumping it off; however, I was hoping Goff could show us where the sun rises and where the sun sets.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Couple observations from above clips where you can't quite see everything:

1) The blitz and interception. That may be on Goff, doesn't look like there was a hot read on the play, maybe he should have audibled. Maybe it was on Kush who perhaps could have made different calls at the line. There should have been an answer for it.

2) The Thomas throw which looked high to me on first viewing was right there. Thomas has to catch that. Could it have been thrown a tad better, probably but that's pretty much the definition of a catchable ball.

3) The TE looked to be open when he threw the ball to a pretty well covered Cooper. Goff wasn't looking that way. But he also didn't stare down Cooper as I suspected, seemed he looked left first and then over to Cooper.

4) I count just one pass that came from when Goff was under center and that was the overthrow to Quick.

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He looked to me like he's still got a ways to go to assimilate into this NFL offense and the responsibilities that come with it. I also saw Dallas throw the kitchen sink at him while they were much more vanilla vs Keenum & Mustache. Then there were the drops.

IMO the Rams were protecting him a bit tonight both mentally and physically. I'm cool with that. Big night in front of 90,000 and he was getting rocked from poor protection. Fuck it. Put in some gameplan next week and give him 2 quarters(one with the starting OLine).