Goff makes progress during Rams scrimmage at the Coliseum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamWoodie

Legend
Goff has so much more arm talent then Keenum that I can't see Goff sitting out while Keenum starts unless Goff forgets everything he has learned since the start of OTAs. As long as Goff has a full grasp of the playbook there is no way to say he doesn't give the team it's best chance to win. That's not to say they can't win with Keenum, they can, but Goff just has more talent and will only get better.
I said I could be wrong...and for the record, I'm not rooting against the kid. The hard facts are that he will struggle coming from a spread system...and based on what the Rams gave to get him it's always better to err on the side of caution as to not ruin the kid.

That's my concern...don't rush it...put him out there when you know he's ready.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff is running with the twos. When he starts running the show with the ones people can start proclaiming he will start in week 1.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I said I could be wrong...and for the record, I'm not rooting against the kid. The hard facts are that he will struggle coming from a spread system...and based on what the Rams gave to get him it's always better to err on the side of caution as to not ruin the kid.

That's my concern...don't rush it...put him out there when you know he's ready.

Knowing that the staring QB every week gets all of the starting reps to prepare for the next weeks opponent, when would Goff ever be ready if Keenum was the starter? From my own personal perspective, I learn best by doing and not watching, which is true for a lot of people. Learning this way, you'll make mistakes...but the pain of being wrong is a good teacher. Our Oline is decent and the kid has maybe the best RB in the NFL.

The Future is Now. (Or at least Week One in Frisco)

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Did I read it correctly that like 25,000 fans came to the Rams practice in the L.A. Coliseum?
Wow!

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Did I read it correctly that like 25,000 fans came to the Rams practice in the L.A. Coliseum?
Wow!

There was a pretty good crowd, I was quite surprised at how many people there were. I would say about 20,000, but my wife says less and reports say more. I thought the crowd looked the same or larger than what I remember the last couple of years in Anaheim.

RamWoodie

Legend
Knowing that the staring QB every week gets all of the starting reps to prepare for the next weeks opponent, when would Goff ever be ready if Keenum was the starter? From my own personal perspective, I learn best by doing and not watching, which is true for a lot of people. Learning this way, you'll make mistakes...but the pain of being wrong is a good teacher. Our Oline is decent and the kid has maybe the best RB in the NFL.

The Future is Now. (Or at least Week One in Frisco)
This is something Goff already knows. He's a football player. Camp is about finding out what you have and what you need to do to make them better.

Goff is getting just as many reps now as Keenum. There's preseason coming...and if Goff beats out Keenum, more power too him! If he doesn't...he's not ready. It's at that point Goff has to surrender the reps to Keenum...and the future would not be now...but later. If that be the case...there's time for Goff to get where he needs to be, and the coaches will work on getting him there.

Furthermore, if Keenum is deemed the starter, Goff will have to prepare as if he's the starter in case of injury. We already know Goff makes the team...but that doesn't mean he starts...he has to earn that. Maybe he will.