Goff is better than R. Wilson. Here's why:

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
It is hard to compare Goff and Russell Wilson at this point in their careers. And for those of you that keep saying that Wilson has played in 2 super bowls and won 1, and 7 playoff appearances (or whatever)... let's be honest here... He was drafted on a team with arguably the best defense in the NFL. It's not like they were in those 2 super bowls because of him. He has been playing great this year though. JMHO.
Would you say that he was just there?

You know, so he wouldn’t get fined?

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Both Suoerbowls Wilson was lead by his defense not his arm.

The legion of doom was the number 1 defense and the reason they made it.

Goff lead the Rams with a #1 offense.

There is no comparison.

Last year Wilson sucked vs the Cowboys while Goff in the same year beat the same Cowboys and the Saints on the road.
Of course there is no comparison in STYLE of play between Wilson and Goff. Wilson has always run when necessary. His being so elusive gives time for his WRs to get open as well as getting opportunity for him to run to move the chains. You can dismiss his style of play but he's a winner.

Last year the Rams identified and exploited a tell on the Dallas line. Pretty sure that helped.

You mentioned Wilson's Super Bowl play.

Wilson
SB48- 18 of 25 for 206 yards, 2 TDs, 123.1 QB rating, no sacks, rushing 3 for 26 yards
SB49- 12 of 21 for 247 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 110.6 QB rating, 3 sacks, rushing 3 for 39 yards

Goff
SB53- 19 of 38 for 229 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 57.9 QB rating, 4 sacks, rushing 0 for 0 yards

Wilson clearly used his arm in both super bowls. If not for one moronic play call by Bevell/Carroll the Seahawks would have two Lombardis.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Of course there is no comparison in STYLE of play between Wilson and Goff. Wilson has always run when necessary. His being so elusive gives time for his WRs to get open as well as getting opportunity for him to run to move the chains. You can dismiss his style of play but he's a winner.

Last year the Rams identified and exploited a tell on the Dallas line. Pretty sure that helped.

Wilson
SB48- 18 of 25 for 206 yards, 2 TDs, 123.1 QB rating, no sacks, rushing 3 for 26 yards
SB49- 12 of 21 for 247 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 110.6 QB rating, 3 sacks, rushing 3 for 39 yards

Goff
SB53- 19 of 38 for 229 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 57.9 QB rating, 4 sacks, rushing 0 for 0 yards

Wilson clearly used his arm in both super bowls. If not for one moronic play call by Bevell/Carroll the Seahawks would have two Lombardis.
I would have given the MVP to RW last year and likely this year too...but you're way off base if you think he carried those '12-'16 teams. Their defensive identity has faded some and RW is driving the bus now. Yeah they're a run first team but Wilson is the ONLY guy who can bail them out of trouble where as before it was Wilson and that special D.

A similar comp i suppose would be Brady's early success vs his success of late. He always played well but the talent around him isn't what it used to be on offense. Also they're identity early on was the defense.

I give RW lots of credit for his clutch play the last couple seasons. I still think its funny that those rumors from a few years ago that he's not well liked as a teammate seemed to pop off the screen while mic'd up on Monday night.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

Wilson

Goff

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I thought it would be interesting to look up the pukeass ugly sea-foam alge-green uniform wearing umpa lumpa's record against us since he came into the league. 7-8 and streaky. Never has dominated us, and thus, hasn't secured my true hate.

Per pro football reference
View attachment 32455
I'll never forget the Mountaineer Game on 9/13/15.10/19/14 I was there in person at the Lou for that game. Poor umpa didn't get the ball back due to Hekker's fake punt and Fisher's brass balls.
View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000413646/Week-7-Seahawks-vs-Rams-highlights
The one thing Fisher did right was beat the Hawks. They were SO mad we beat them 9-3 that year LOL. And I can't remember which game, but that trick Austin-Bailey play is still probably the most beautifully executed play I've seen. If it was in a game that mattered, it would be up there with the Music City Miracle and Immaculate Reception.

TexasRam

Legend

Wilson

Goff

Come on man. i’ve seen everything now. So Wilson is just a “Winnner” even though it was his #1 ranked defense that stifled Peyton Manning as we all saw. Even though “Wilson” the “Winner” threw the interception at the Goaline to lose the Super bowl.

And Goff only was a “Winner” because the Cowboys “tells”. Though Goff also beat the saints on the Road without Gurley or a running game like Marshawn the earthquake Lynch. And without the top ranked Legion of Boom.

Now i’ve heard Everything.

207 and 247 yards passing doesn’t win anything. It was the defense which suffocated Both Manning and Brady.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
To prevent Thread Drift... several of you need to go back and read the OP again. Then do your best to focus please.

There have been several subtle reminders throughout this thread that have seemed to pass right over your heads. This happens to the umpa lumpa all of the time.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Is it just me?

402E4B65-CE9B-4D82-A801-8CD14E296FDC.jpeg
C45BDDCA-2F0C-4337-BF60-CB20813912E3.jpeg

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Good Catch

Last night when he was the chosen cheerleader (for no other reason than he was mic'ed) and he had to lead the cheer with his whole team around him with their hands in the middle.... umpa said "Team on 3" (or something close to that)... when he got to 3... maybe 4 or 5 players said team... nobody screamed it out... and the rest of the team didn't even say anything.

LOLOLOLOL

Kinda don't get it though...the guy wins games for this team that they shouldn't win. And nobody likes him?

Hell, should like him just for the extra 2-3 wins a year he gets you...

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Though I appreciate the loyalty to the rams, I personally can't be foolish. If Seahawks said "Hey Les Snead, I'll trade Wilson for Goff straight up". That's a yes, Russel is better, a HOF QB. I hate him but I respect him. Maybe Goff grows to become better, one can only hope. But that isn't the case at the moment.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Come on man. i’ve seen everything now. So Wilson is just a “Winnner” even though it was his #1 ranked defense that stifled Peyton Manning as we all saw. Even though “Wilson” the “Winner” threw the interception at the Goaline to lose the Super bowl.

And Goff only was a “Winner” because the Cowboys “tells”. Though Goff also beat the saints on the Road without Gurley or a running game like Marshawn the earthquake Lynch. And without the top ranked Legion of Boom.

Now i’ve heard Everything.

207 and 247 yards passing doesn’t win anything. It was the defense which suffocated Both Manning and Brady.
You've not heard enough. Does defense throw TDs? No. Does the defense lead a drive with 2:02 remaining in the game from their own 25 yard line to the opponents 1 yard line with 38 seconds remaining? No.

As for Goff against the Cowboys it was you who said "only", not me. I find it hilarious the degree of man love regarding Goff especially compared to an 8 year pro and super bowl winning QB.:giggle:

Last edited:

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
To prevent Thread Drift... several of you need to go back and read the OP again. Then do your best to focus please.

There have been several subtle reminders throughout this thread that have seemed to pass right over your heads. This happens to the umpa lumpa all of the time.
Yes the man love of the Rams QB. That was made clear in the OP post.

RamWoodie

Legend
Um...the horse is dead folks! Goff is Goff and Wilson is Wilson.

Wilson has much more experience than Goff. It would be better to measure them after Goff has had 8 years experience...:unsure:

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Still flying over your head I see.

Stop Thread Drift...

Well from the OP the Rams QB is better simply because he's the Rams QB. If not that then,
"People say RamsONDEMAND is a homer board and we embrace that!", if not that then please enlighten me.