Goff is better than R. Wilson. Here's why:

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut

Most kidding aside, I’d like to see the broadcasters start putting a hang-time clock on those punt-throws the Lolly-pop kid puts up.

Has he ever even had one of those intercepted?....hit the turf?

Are those passes like kryptonite for defenders, rendering their legs to be like concrete?
All completed passes chart the same says Billy Kilmer.:D

TexasRam

Legend
During the 2012 to 2015 seasons, the Seahawks led the league in scoring defense, allowing the fewest points scored each year for four years straight.

Read that again and let it sink in. Fewest points scored for four straight years. That is utter domination.

Russell Wilson’ s Super Bowl appearances during this time made him no more of a “Winner” than Trent Dilfer.

Jared Goff in his 2nd full year had the 16th ranked defense, a street RB who couldn’t pass block, No Cooper
Kupp and led his team to the Super Bowl. Goff led the highest scoring offense over two years during this time.

There is no comparison. A QB who reached the Super Bowl with his top ranked offense for two years and a Qb who was lead by the greatest defense 4 years straight.

If Wilson leads the Hawk to the Super Bowl this year then its a discussion. Otherwise Wilson has Zero Super Bowls that he has led. Those were Super Bowls that the Legion or Boom led.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
During the 2012 to 2015 seasons, the Seahawks led the league in scoring defense, allowing the fewest points scored each year for four years straight.

Read that again and let it sink in. Fewest points scored for four straight years. That is utter domination.

Russell Wilson’ s Super Bowl appearances during this time made him no more of a “Winner” than Trent Dilfer.

Jared Goff in his 2nd full year had the 16th ranked defense, a street RB who couldn’t pass block, No Cooper
Kupp and led his team to the Super Bowl. Goff led the highest scoring offense over two years during this time.

There is no comparison. A QB who reached the Super Bowl with his top ranked offense for two years and a Qb who was lead by the greatest defense 4 years straight.

If Wilson leads the Hawk to the Super Bowl this year then its a discussion. Otherwise Wilson has Zero Super Bowls that he has led. Those were Super Bowls that the Legion or Boom led.
Wilson lead his team to a Super Bowl victory in his second year. His QB rating in each of his super bowls are twice that of Goff. You seem to think the Rams never scored on defense in 2018! Goff has had Kupp this entire season and his performance hasn't been as good as 2018. Argue against Wilson until you turn blue but it doesn't change my opinion of the super bowl winning 8 year veteran.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Wilson lead his team to a Super Bowl victory in his second year. His QB rating in each of his super bowls are twice that of Goff. You seem to think the Rams never scored on defense in 2018! Goff has had Kupp this entire season and his performance hasn't been as good as 2018. Argue against Wilson until you turn blue but it doesn't change my opinion of the super bowl winning 8 year veteran.

8FE883FB-2AFF-4E63-AE57-AD314F126854.jpeg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Wilson has much more experience than Goff. It would be better to measure them after Goff has had 8 years experience...:unsure:

I know this thread is tongue in cheek.

But I made the same point. Goff is still a young QB that is learning. Wilson has shitloads more experience and a lot of continuity as well.

4-5 years from now lets see where Goff is. I think he'll be right there with where Wilson is today.

TexasRam

Legend
I
i respect each persons opinion so will leave it at that. It doesn’t take a genius to see that if Cooks holds on to two perfectly thrown TD’s Goff’s QB rating comes out higher than Wilson’s.

The fact Remains and is undeniable. Wilson was lead by the best defense in the NfL and maybe ever. The Rams were led to the Super Bowl on the back of Goff. Two very different scenarios. Wilson had his defense get a safety, a pick 6 and a special teams return for a TD. He played Trent Dilfer game manager.

What Wilson has done the last two years without the top defense is more impressive than the Super Bowl years. But until he leads his team to a super Bowl on his back it’s not on par with what Goff did with his top ranked offense. Wilson has the same season last year then choked in the playoffs vs the Cowboys, in the first round. Same team Goff beat.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I

i respect each persons opinion so will leave it at that. It doesn’t take a genius to see that if Cooks holds on to two perfectly thrown TD’s Goff’s QB rating comes out higher than Wilson’s.

The fact Remains and is undeniable. Wilson was lead by the best defense in the NfL and maybe ever. The Rams were led to the Super Bowl on the back of Goff. Two very different scenarios. Wilson had his defense get a safety, a pick 6 and a special teams return for a TD. He played Trent Dilfer game manager.

What Wilson has done the last two years without the top defense is more impressive than the Super Bowl years. But until he leads his team to a super Bowl on his back it’s not on par with what Goff did with his top ranked offense. Wilson has the same season last year then choked in the playoffs vs the Cowboys, in the first round. Same team Goff beat.
I keep reading you saying that we went to the Super Bowl on Goffs back. How can you actually say that. Goff had some good games sprinkled throughout the season but the offense ran through Gurley in each season. So if you don’t wanna give Wilson credit because you’re sayin it was all defense then how can you in good conscience say it was all Goff. That Dallas Game we had two running backs over 100 yards and the Saints game our defense came to play.

As soon as McVay decided to turn away from the running game Goff went downhill. It’s no coincidence that Goff best games are when we run the ball.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian

Read the original starting OP. It's humor.

TexasRam

Legend
I keep reading you saying that we went to the Super Bowl on Goffs back. How can you actually say that. Goff had some good games sprinkled throughout the season but the offense ran through Gurley in each season. So if you don’t wanna give Wilson credit because you’re sayin it was all defense then how can you in good conscience say it was all Goff. That Dallas Game we had two running backs over 100 yards and the Saints game our defense came to play.

As soon as McVay decided to turn away from the running game Goff went downhill. It’s no coincidence that Goff best games are when we run the ball.

There is no denying that a running game and offensive line has an impact on an offense and QB Success. This is exactly why Wilson’s having the year he’s having. Seattle’s run game requires massive resources to stop. We saw it vs us and i’ve watched all
their games the last two years. Wilson doesn’t sit in the pocket and rip through the middle of defenses like Goff does. Pete establishes the run with physical runners that require extra players to bring down. Then Wilson exploits the single man matchups as the defense loads up to stop the run. Same formula each game.

Compare this to the Rams with a non physical gimpy gurley and Oline of 3 first year players and Blythe who can move no one. With a few exceptions each game is a non existent run game that often puts us in third and long with no respect for a run game. Watch the games, is a shit show.

The Fact remains, Wilson has never led a team to a Super bowl without the top ranked defense. Years in which he managed the game. Probably the best defense of all time.

People also fail to recognize that Goff, just last year was in the MVP conversation for weeks culminated by his 55 point outburst and win vs MVP Mahomes. Throwing a last minute TD as a “Winner”. While Mahomes threw 2 straight interceptions. And Mcvays way has never been stat padding. We constantly killed clock at the end of games. We also constantly ran the ball at the goaline which really skewed Goff’s otherwise MVP numbers.

Until Wilson leads his team to a Super bowl without a legendary defense he has yet to accomplish what Goff has in just his second full season.

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is no denying that a running game and offensive line has an impact on an offense and QB Success. This is exactly why Wilson’s having the year he’s having. Seattle’s run game requires massive resources to stop. We saw it vs us and i’ve watched all
their games the last two years. Wilson doesn’t sit in the pocket and rip through the middle of defenses like Goff does. Pete establishes the run with physical runners that require extra players to bring down. Then Wilson exploits the single man matchups as the defense loads up to stop the run. Same formula each game.

Compare this to the Rams with a non physical gimpy gurley and Oline of 3 first year players and Blythe who can move no one. With a few exceptions each game is a non existent run game that often puts us in third and long with no respect for a run game. Watch the games, is a shit show.

The Fact remains, Wilson has never led a team to a Super bowl without the top ranked defense. Years in which he managed the game. Probably the best defense of all time.
How many years have the rams had a defense that was dominant only to be setback by the offense even if the Seahawks defense was the reason you still gotta give Wilson credit for keeping drives alive keeping his defense Off the field and scoring touchdowns.

Goff also has much better weapons then Wilson and I’m not gonna touch on Gurley cause that’s a McVay issue not a Gurley health issue. For you to say that Wilson never led them to the Superbowl is false but if we wanna use your logic then Goff didn't lead us to the Super Bowl either

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
i respect each persons opinion so will leave it at that. It doesn’t take a genius to see that if Cooks holds on to two perfectly thrown TD’s Goff’s QB rating comes out higher than Wilson’s

Are we going down this bullshit road again?

Go look at the passes OK.