Goff 2018 vs Stafford 2021

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
THIS!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

look directly at the play at the Center position,
Sullivan in, 17 & 18, Blythe in , 20 and 21..........
Sully retired and Blythe can't get on the field for KC
train
Now he’ll be on the field in Seattle :explode1:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have to chuckle at Geezer’s analysis of Stafford. He claims Stafford locks onto one target and doesn’t go through his reads.

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
THIS!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

look directly at the play at the Center position,
Sullivan in, 17 & 18, Blythe in , 20 and 21..........
Sully retired and Blythe can't get on the field for KC
train

Frank Ragnow is widely recognized as one of, if not the best, centers in all of football. Even I have to admit, Jared played much better w/o Frank Ragnow in December.

I can say Matthew Stafford w/ Frank Ragnow had mediocre seasons WITH Kenny Galladay, Marvin Jones, and TJ Hockenson. Then he goes with Brian Allen and suddenly has a career year. When he was traded, some even said he's a worse QB than Jared.

This is what has annoyed me for the past year and a half. It's all on a JAG center vs. Jared's actual performance in 2019 and 2020 (and really started second half of 2018). Despite having the support system all around him (something that was barely acknowledged by the anti-traders).

Why was it w/ MS in Detroit he got blasted, but with Jared it was the center's fault?

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Oh this again.

1321314153001.jpg
I’m thinking of a thread comparing the tag team of Jared Goff and Creed Humphrey against Matthew Stafford and Tutu Atwell. Their managers will be Kurt Warner and Marc Bulger. Thoughts?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Jared Goff in 2018 (16 games): 4688 yds, 101.1 QBR, 32-12 TD-INT. Team 13-3 2nd seed
Matt Stafford 2021 (16 games): 4648 yds, 103.5 QBR, 38-15 TD-INT. Team 12-4 2nd seed

It is surprising to recall just how good Goff looked in 2018, and his numbers are not far off Stafford's. Even in 2019 Goff passed for 4638 (although his other numbers fell off). I am not attempting to start a war. I love Stafford and I loved Goff, and still hope he does well with the Lions. I believe Stafford is an upgrade over Goff. Perhaps the similarity in numbers indicates we will be back in the SB. Go Stafford and go Rams.

I was talking about Jared Goff just 2 days ago just about his future.
The Rams won The SuperBowl & Matthew Stafford IS THE RAMS QB!!

That said I do wish since Madden has passed & A lot of NFL Fans & Ram Fans play Fantasy!! So I’ll post about my thoughts … continue.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That Goff kid was pretty good when he had a Hall of Fame level running back in the backfield. The moment teams made it about him winning snaps though it was over.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
First a Rams Fan I would have LOVED to have seen

Bryce Perkins play all 17 games. I’d put him around a couple 1st. Rd picks.
I know that is impossible & what Les Snead did with OBj & Von Miller would have you thinking like myself.

I LOVE(Bonifay’d) TROY Reeder I have to repost his yesterday’s response to me as well first.Thought about that & now looking back at what Kenny Young meant to The Rams.

Thanks Jalen RAMsey & Raheem Morris as well for ALL The Haters & still Haters thinking Jalen RAMsey is
A TEAM LEADER!! We can all look at the DB’s as well from last season.

I get FIRED UP when players aren’t appreciated for what they have done.
—Once again Ejiro Evero

so do you blame him or will he be missed. Sorry post (boom) side track.

Yeah - does get me FIRED

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I've heard from people who would know that Goff just didn't work very hard during the off season and was one of the last starters to walk onto the practice field and first to leave.
Just the opposite for Matt.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’ve always been a Fan if the Bkack QB’s matter Fan club. Hated seeing
James Harris go to the Chargers back growing up.I thought withThe Rams D’ in the 70’s was good enough to win.

Bryce Perkins was very Exciting in the preseason. So much that The Rams kept him on the roster spot for him ALL season.

Wolford had the appendix & knows the offense extremely well.He is good getting in & out of the huddle. He has made Perkins better as well as Stafford.

I wish I could’ve seen what he could’ve done in The Rams offense.We all know Tony Banks if you
been a long time true Rams fan. He wasn’t good at reading defenses well.
I think Bryce Perkins because how he reads defenses & gets out off the pocket & keeps a play alive.Hus arm strength is the biggest issue & I think he will be better in 2022.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right after the super bowl in 2019, I posted a thread, my first one, titled "This is Goff's team now", as I knew Gurley wound never again be the leader on offense. And Goff, for whatever reason, could not rise to the occasion.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff all the way.

We're talking about wives/girlfriends, right? Because Stafford already proved the "which dude could take us to and win the Super Bowl" question, right?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IDK, I'm not fancy like some of you, I'm a meat & meat type of guy. I like the QB that actually won the Super Bowl!
1648653942752.png

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
What I was going to post ^^^. I like Goff, was an adamant supporter of his. But the playoffs... F'ing three games in a ROW... showed exactly why Stafford is the superior QB of the two with his clutch, 4th quarter game winning drive performances and balls of steel completing absolutely must have passes when someone like Suh gets a free rush at you.
See my opinion on the other chat.
We are not far off.
Or on exactly the same page

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Getting side tracked but thinking about Jared Goff.I was cheering against him because I loved his Lossing streak record & then it got so bad it became a thing when NFL analysts did know it.
That all being said Inthink Jared Goff is a better QB for it. He is Tough as Nails & is more Mobil now than at anytime in his career.
He has learned and got away from some of the bad habits Mcvay put him in by just being a system QB.He see’s the field better as well.Has always been good at getting the RB the ball & his PLAY ACTION isn’t sloppy.
I like his snap count& the way he handles the huddle.

Would have enjoyed Jared Goff playing QB for The Rams without anything changed in 2021

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Nah, you’re kind of fancy.
Yeah, we fancy like Applebee's on a date night
Got that Bourbon Street steak with the Oreo shake
Get some whipped cream on the top too
Two straws, one check, girl, I got you

Flint

Pro Bowler
What about this Baker to Detroit idea? I heard someone propose this and I was thinking that with a great team Goff’s in the SB. We thought Baker had a great team with OBJ, Landry, Chubb etc, and the results were underwhelming. People are down on Goff but I’d take him over Baker.

Tano

Legend
How the hell did this get started again.

I like Goff and will defend him against his detractors but Stafford is the much better QB

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
The biggest difference is how those passing yards were accumulated.
Last year the Rams led the league in explosive pass plays.
"Explosive" is plays of 40+ yds. the Rams had 18 pass plays of 40+
Rams were 3rd in the league in 20+ pass plays with 65
Mcvay wanted more explosives and that's exactly what he got, despite the injury woes.