Go get Calvin Johnson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
We need Brian Quick to get back to his pre-injury level - and then surpass it substantially. He could have been that no 1 guy I think.

If he's not going to be able to do it we're going to have to get one from somewhere.

lockdnram21

Legend
i would not get calvin, i would find a different #1.

Anyone saying this team does not need a #1 WR or propping up Brian Quick as one, it really bothers me. Devonta Freemen is able to put up massive yards because of julio jones. They have to double him with a safety, so Freemen only has to break 1 tackle before he is gone. Gurley has to face 2 safeties to break long runs because we have 0 threats in the passing game other then Austin, who every defense will now scheme against.

We are dying of thirst in the desert for a vertical passing threat. Part of the reason Foles was sacked so much, was because nobody was opening and he would hold onto the ball for like 5 seconds. No QB holds on to the ball for that long in the NFL. NONE. And it stems from our passing game. Go rewatch the game and count how many seconds after each snap.
or go back and look how many times receivers were open and foles didnt make the right read. Not to much talking about yesterday but other games

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Part of the reason Foles was sacked so much, was because nobody was opening........No QB holds on to the ball for that long in the NFL.
You know no -one was open because???? My point on Foles, he had time, I don't think wr's weren't open in all that time...A lot of his throws are still late or under-thrown...esp. the deep ball. Makes no sense....

Great idea! Who do you suggest?
Package a deal for:
images

or
images

or
images

Draft the answer at QB...Not a question mark....Time to play Mannion if the game versus Cleveland looks silly.

Memphis Ram

Legend
i would not get calvin, i would find a different #1.

Anyone saying this team does not need a #1 WR or propping up Brian Quick as one, it really bothers me. Devonta Freemen is able to put up massive yards because of julio jones. They have to double him with a safety, so Freemen only has to break 1 tackle before he is gone. Gurley has to face 2 safeties to break long runs because we have 0 threats in the passing game other then Austin, who every defense will now scheme against.

We are dying of thirst in the desert for a vertical passing threat. Part of the reason Foles was sacked so much, was because nobody was opening and he would hold onto the ball for like 5 seconds. No QB holds on to the ball for that long in the NFL. NONE. And it stems from our passing game. Go rewatch the game and count how many seconds after each snap.

Julio Jones has been there for years and the Falcons couldn't always run the football. Maybe Freeman is a pretty good RB.

Part of the reason Foles was sacked so much, could be slow decision making and/or developing plays.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It wouldn't surprise me if Mannion fought for and won the starting job in TC next year. He looked great and his presence on the field was just different. I commented during the preseason that the Rams would look dead and he'd come out and they'd just look more alive.

I really think that Mannion may be our guy for the long run and with Gurley breaking out, we may already have most of the pieces for a sustained run.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
A lot of Mannion talk, I assure you he is not an upgrade YET. He was Horrific in his last performance and he had days more time than Foles.
No this is not an I love Nick or I want to bash Sean thread just a bit of reality.
Lets see what happens here on out and pray the OL improves and Foles improves. Next year in training camp we will see how Sean has progressed, but behind this OL now Nope, Can you say Jim Everett Happy Feet.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
It wouldn't surprise me if Mannion fought for and won the starting job in TC next year. He looked great and his presence on the field was just different. I commented during the preseason that the Rams would look dead and he'd come out and they'd just look more alive.

I really think that Mannion may be our guy for the long run and with Gurley breaking out, we may already have most of the pieces for a sustained run.

Hmmm. I just saw a rookie QB in the preseason. Nothing stood out.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Mack, you know I respect you but I hope the Rams don't have this mindset. I'll be irate if we pass on talented QBs to stick with Foles and Mannion. Maybe Foles can change my mind.(I doubt it...he looks like what I thought he was...which isn't bad or good)

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Who is gonna come out that is all the rage?

Cook? Is his throwing motion so much different than when you dismissed it last off-season?

Hogan? He was dismissed as well.

Plenty of guys stayed another year and may have worked out a few things, but I dunno that they've substantively changed their mechanics such that what we saw before alters what we knew then.

We have Mannion a year in the system AND unlike Foles, Davis and Keenum, he is the fastest at processing our offense. That's per Fisher. He gets our O. And he's got an arm. He's big. He's tough and he can go deep.

I love that he's getting a year to sit and learn. I really hope that he will get a chance to compete.

I'd much rather try to harvest the investment in Mannion in whom I think the Rams found a gem and invest our lower 1st (hopefully) in a top shelf TE or OL or WR.

If Fisher hadn't been so clear that the fastest to process our O was Mannion, I might not be so unequivocal, but I really think that based on that and watching him in preseason, he went through his progressions like non of our other QBs did including Foles.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who is gonna come out that is all the rage?

Cook? Is his throwing motion so much different than when you dismissed it last off-season?

Hogan? He was dismissed as well.

Cook is Kyle Boller 2.0 so I want nothing to do with him.

Hogan is terrible. So also a no.

The guys that interest me are Jared Goff (likely gone before we pick) and Carson Wentz. Paxton Lynch is also getting hyped but I haven't seen enough of him yet.

Plenty of guys stayed another year and may have worked out a few things, but I dunno that they've substantively changed their mechanics such that what we saw before alters what we knew then.

We have Mannion a year in the system AND unlike Foles, Davis and Keenum, he is the fastest at processing our offense. That's per Fisher. He gets our O. And he's got an arm. He's big. He's tough and he can go deep.

I love that he's getting a year to sit and learn. I really hope that he will get a chance to compete.

I'd much rather try to harvest the investment in Mannion in whom I think the Rams found a gem and invest our lower 1st (hopefully) in a top shelf TE or OL or WR.

If Fisher hadn't been so clear that the fastest to process our O was Mannion, I might not be so unequivocal, but I really think that based on that and watching him in preseason, he went through his progressions like non of our other QBs did including Foles.

I didn't see it with Mannion in college and I didn't see it with him in the preseason. I hope I'm wrong if they think he's the future. But right now, I hope they don't think he's the future.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I haven't seen them, so I can't comment.

On Mannion, I did see him going through his progressions during the preseason and I liked him the best of all of our QBs. His command of the huddle was palpable. I asked during chats and it wasn't just me.

I dunno that he's the 2nd coming, but I DO think that Mannion could be a Jim Everett type and with Gurley, I'd be plenty happy with that.