Go get Calvin Johnson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
We just need to get our o-line squared, our guys are open and Foles can hit them with time, but if he doesn't have the time it all means nothing.

Teams with dominant number 1s never actually radically make performances better. When's the last team to win the super bowl that had that definitive number one?

Hell even the Lions got better after finding more than just Johnson to throw to. Number ones are wholly overrated these days.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I noticed Britt Holding and favoring his shoulder and that along with Quicks Shoulder and today we add Saffolds INFAMOUS Shoulder injury that shows up every few games now. Are shoulders gonna do our long tall WR;s and only VET OL we have in? The draft says right now that WR from Ole' Miss. is the top College WR. He wears #1 and I would not want him if we were GIVEN him in the draft. I watch every SEC game played along with all other games. We need a stud and this rookie is as soft as Cookie is for us. What the Hell is Sherman doing? He is our WR position coach. This SUX and we need to make things happen THIS year as some great guys we can't afford on our team next year.

I know everyone is NEW . Co-ordinators , OL, QB , RB , Why did Mason just dissapear ? He should be fired up to be ALL WORLD now that GURLEY has taken his reps. He should be fresh and exploding. Missing AO hurt us today of course. (leading tackler) maybe Pro Bowler. Do we need a 1st round Trainer?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would a new lineman make Britt and Cook catch the ball?
No..but a New Linemean might help Foles not get killed, and help him make better throws to the WR's that we do have.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok maybe i went a little overboard with the Megatron thread(I don't think so but i digress). It's not my money. :)

Anyway, let's look at what has been successful so far this season for the Rams offense.
1. The Tavon jet sweep this-and-that formation. Ciggy has run a lot of various plays out of that basic set and there's been some very good success there. It has forced defenses to stay disciplined and "think" quickly.
2. Handing off to Gurley. Nuff said.

NFL defensive coordinators are good at what they do. It's week 5. Teams are going to adjust to what Ciggy is doing and right now IMO the offense(while showing signs of the occasional big play) is fairly one-dimensional still. Tavon fake, Tavon reverse, Tavon shuffle pass, Tavon the decoy behind the LOS....mix in handing it off to Gurley and that's great. It's effective but what's missing? NFL LB's and safeties can just sit back and read the formations, follow Tavon, Gurley BEHIND the LOS where all the action is and react. There's zero threat downfield(unless of course when Gurley/Tavon break one open).
I'm afraid that without a receiving threat downfield this offense could get stonewalled in a few weeks as teams compile film on the few things Ciggy's offense does really well.
"Cook? Britt? Bailey? Quick? Meh, not worried about those guys getting open or motioning out.....Let's just key in on what Tavon & Gurley are doing pre snap around the LOS."

I haven't been one of those fans who's been pleading for a #1 WR for the last 8 years, but based upon what we've got now with Gurley & Tavon destroying defenses in the short game i've changed my mind. This offense could be really really good with a legit vertical threat outside the numbers, giving defenses something to defend beyond 10 yards.

The Rams right now are like an NBA team that plays great defense, and on offense have guys inside who can score in the paint in a variety of ways....but have no one who can shoot the 3, or keep the opposition from just sinking inside and sagging off our perimeter guys.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they're willing to take realistic value, I'd be good with it. Problem is finding the cap space.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I just wish we could go after a #1 TE. It would help a lot I think.

lockdnram21

Legend
My hope is that Quick puts it back together. He's getting separation and just had one nasty drop that really didn't cost us because we converted next play. Compared to other receivers he's usually open. But I'm first to admit if he doesn't pick up where he left off last year we need to go after a wr. Preferably free agent stud if we can.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
No..but a New Linemean might help Foles not get killed, and help him make better throws to the WR's that we do have.
I think we need a new lineman and all..but you've got 3 young guys that are going (should anyway) develop...they are going through their growing pains right now.

Our receivers (specifically Cook and Britt) have enough years under their belt that this kind of crap shouldn't be happening.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Does anyone know if Tavon was held up on the sideline pass that was well covered by GB? He didn't have the separation I would have expected on the play?

fearsomefour

Legend
I can't remember a time the guy made a play in a big game, is always getting nicked up.
With that salary number he is one of more over rated players in the league in my opinion.

DenverRam

Starter
i would not get calvin, i would find a different #1.

Anyone saying this team does not need a #1 WR or propping up Brian Quick as one, it really bothers me. Devonta Freemen is able to put up massive yards because of julio jones. They have to double him with a safety, so Freemen only has to break 1 tackle before he is gone. Gurley has to face 2 safeties to break long runs because we have 0 threats in the passing game other then Austin, who every defense will now scheme against.

We are dying of thirst in the desert for a vertical passing threat. Part of the reason Foles was sacked so much, was because nobody was opening and he would hold onto the ball for like 5 seconds. No QB holds on to the ball for that long in the NFL. NONE. And it stems from our passing game. Go rewatch the game and count how many seconds after each snap.