GMFB: Should We Pump The Brakes On The Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Turducken

Starter
I don't think that will happen.

Didn't McVay seem to go for it, pedal to the metal, when a more conservative play call would have been better to protect a lead for example? I remember a number of times last season there were fans screaming "why couldn't we just of handed the ball off to Gurley?"

Unless he changes, I don't think McVay can "pump the brakes". He's a terror. Score more points seems to be his mantra.
Either way, I think our average margin of victory goes up next year. We were 4th in margin of victory last year with 8.8 (Philly was first with 10.8). I think we'll be in the teens next year.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
Hahah, I love Nate Burlesons little poke at the end. The hype is real. And even as a scarred Rams fan, I feel super good going into next season. This team "can be" something amazing. Worth the hype

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Off topic but this video showed up while watching the one in the OP. Can never get enough of this.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWyeI3RSels

when the rams play the seagulls now they need someone to play the robert quinn role, long looping rushes of the qb from the edge. wilson can never escape the rams because quinn is always back there with him. other qbs just move forward into space in front of quinn usually because he's so far behind them but wilson always runs backwards far deeper than other qbs. that's how he usually escapes from other pass rushers, he can just run around them. but quinn is so deep that he can't do what he normally does.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Ok, tell me who has a better starting roster:

Gurley, Goff, Whitworth, Cooks, Woods, Kupp, Saffold, Sullivan, Havenstein are all either elite or upper tier players on offense. Don't forget how young Goff is. Its reasonable to assume he hasn't come close to his ceiling. Gurley is elite. Is anyone better that Big Whit at LT? Hav was the 2nd best run blocker in the league according to PFF. They no longer have a weakness on the right side.

Then there is Donald, Brockers and Suh. Is there a better 3 defensive linemen? Talib, Peters and Joyner. Is there a better secondary there?

Then you have the best punter, placekicker, return guy and special teams unit in the league. A special team that can win games for you.

Thats just on the field. What about the coaches? McVay is an offensive genius and coach of the year. Phillips is considered the best defensive coordinator in the league. Most people consider Fassel the best special teams coach.

Put it all together and HELL YEAH! I'm going all in with this team!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
When was the last time you could say the Rams are legitimate Super Bowl contenders with a sraight face?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I like her because she seems sweet, but Kay Adams doesn't like the Rams.

She doubted all last year, and then revealed on one show "this team hurt me"...She had family that worked in the St Louis Rams organization and she herself helped out at times. She was also involved with the MLB Cardinals in St Louis. She always pumps the brakes if at all possible where the Rams are concerned, imo.

I like her. She doesn't come across as snobby and her voice isn't all nasally like Erin Andrews.

If she doesn't like the Rams, well fooey. It will be hilarious to watch her reaction during yearly playoff trips.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like her. She doesn't come across as snobby and her voice isn't all nasally like Erin Andrews.

If she doesn't like the Rams, well fooey. It will be hilarious to watch her reaction during yearly playoff trips.

Well, she admitted last year what I revealed about her connections in St Louis after a particularly impressive win. She was being forced to admit the Rams were legit...So yeah, it's fun in that way.

TexasRam

Legend
We added 4 defensive pro bowlers to the 8th ranked (before sitting starters week 17) defense, which probably puts us at a top 3 defense to go with our top offense and special teams.

Anyone in their right mind would buy the hype.

But injuries can ruin everything. My only question is who will still be standing when Playoffs start?

Let me repeat: Which Rams Players will be healthy come post season?

The NFC will be 4 powerhouses deep. Philly, Minn, L.A. and N.O.

Not to mention a possible uprising from Green bay, Atlanta and Carolina.

We can make the playoffs even with significant injuries in the Regular season but we cannot go deep in the playoffs with significant injuries.

So let me list what would be significant injuries in my book based on our current depth:
1 Whitworth
2 Gurley
3 Goff
4 Two of our interior lineman (Blythe is our only high-level backup)
5 Donald
6 Suh
7 Joyner
8 Both Peters and Talib

If those 8 spots are healthy come Playoff time then I expect a deep run.

The key thing to watch is "season ending" injuries to those 8 spots.