Get Paid To Refer Posters To ROD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Give me real cash, and you'll have to go to a dedicated server. :cool:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Does this work retroactively too? Because then you owe me a billion dollars.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Seeing as how this already is on a dedicated.. NO

I didn't realize.. My apologies and my bad for assuming. I'm still use to the old board I was on. At one time I was clamoring for a dedicated server and kept hearing it was too exspensive. Hell, I paid $200/month for a dedicated back in 2000. I researched them and was like wtf? I then started clamoring for them to take donations to move to a dedicated.. NO.. lol

Glad to hear we are on a dedicated here. I'll be able to sleep better tonight. ;) You have a BW limit?

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't realize.. My apologies and my bad for assuming. I'm still use to the old board I was on. At one time I was clamoring for a dedicated server and kept hearing it was too exspensive. Hell, I paid $200/month for a dedicated back in 2000. I researched them and was like wtf? I then started clamoring for them to take donations to move to a dedicated.. NO.. lol

Glad to hear we are on a dedicated here. I'll be able to sleep better tonight. ;) You have a BW limit?

No biggie bro man.. Dedicated prices are all over the map. If you have the knowledge you can get unmanaged servers at dirt cheap prices.

The bandwidth for this site is 50 TB. I also use cloud services so that also helps with the BW usage.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
No biggie bro man.. Dedicated prices are all over the map. If you have the knowledge you can get unmanaged servers at dirt cheap prices.

The bandwidth for this site is 50 TB. I also use cloud services so that also helps with the BW usage.

Damn, 50TB for BW???? Wow, I knew storage had become cheap but wow.. Cool. Yeah when I researched them for the old site I was saying like wtf why not go to a dedicated. They weren't that expensive compared to what I paid in 2000. This was like in 2009 and I don't recall the BW being that high, hence why I asked.

I don't think we'll be crashing on draft day due to the server.. lol Sweet. :cool:

That said, do you forsee any possible problems due to software? Like the chatroom for instance?

PhxRam

Does this work retroactively too? Because then you owe me a billion dollars.

Your account has unfortunately been flagged for fraudulent activity. If you have further questions regarding this decision, please contact our support department. Operational hours are all day on February 31.

PhxRam

Damn, 50TB for BW???? Wow, I knew storage had become cheap but wow.. Cool. Yeah when I researched them for the old site I was saying like wtf why not go to a dedicated. They weren't that expensive compared to what I paid in 2000. This was like in 2009 and I don't recall the BW being that high, hence why I asked.

I don't think we'll be crashing on draft day due to the server.. lol Sweet. :cool:

That said, do you forsee any possible problems due to software? Like the chatroom for instance?

I have upgraded and tweaked that to the best of my ability. In theory it should support close to 750-1000 concurrent users.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Your account has unfortunately been flagged for fraudulent activity. If you have further questions regarding this decision, please contact our support department. Operational hours are all day on February 31.
I know where you live...

PhxRam

Storage is not really all that cheap. ask @Stranger

I use a combination of a ssd for the OS and secondary 1.5tb HD for backups.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Reading you computer guys talking about the "ssd for the OS and secondary 1.5tb HD for backups" sounds like a couple of gear-heads talking about what they have under the hood.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

You don't want to know what kind of storage I had back in 2000.. lol

PhxRam

Reading you computer guys talking about the "ssd for the OS and secondary 1.5tb HD for backups" sounds like a couple of gear-heads talking about what they have under the hood.

That is one area that I am clueless. I might open the hood and pretend I know what I am looking at, but I normally shake a few wires and say "try now"

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

don't get me started :)

I ended up going with my own dedicated box as well, for the cloud prices were ridiculous.

RamzFanz

Damnit

That's good to hear. I plan on eating up the bandwidth with idiotic videos.