Geno Smith sucker punched by teammate out 6-10 weeks with broken jaw/Won't press charges

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Anderson, who identifies as a senior pastor at a church in Shreveport now,

I'll alert my buddy, LARF in Shreveport, to go check this guy out. :sneaky:

He should be pretty easy to spot!

NoTeeth-thumb-autox379-136529.jpg

Broken jaws, and knocking out teeth? Man, this IK fella must have one hell of a right cross. He may have a future in boxing if he finds himself outside the league.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
It all goes back to context. I've punched more people in the face then we know this guy has and for worse reasons. I've been punched in the face a bit for shady reasons too. This guy had a rich asshole screw him out of a decent amount of money, escaped a situation where a weird pastor under a blanket tried to have sex with him and then probably rob him, and an unfortunate bar fight where he decked an undercover guy. A cop designed to look like a regular, not a cop guy. I've never stopped to ask for ID before decking a guy in a bar. Nor has anyone asked me if I were a cop before blasting me in the face. Granted I've only been in a few fights, but they were all due to getting myself in unfortunate situations while being young. He wasn't dog fighting, or beating a child or a spouse, carrying guns or that stuff. Big Ben and Winston haven't been in much trouble or lost jobs and we can't even say for sure if they're not rapists.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/07/geno-wont-press-charges-against-ik-enemkpali/

Geno won’t press charges against IK Enemkpali
Posted by Josh Alper on September 7, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptdkzjhjmzjmzwjjztdmywrmyzmyyjaymwq2owe4mdbm-e1441648588425.jpeg
AP

Jets quarterback Geno Smith wouldn’t say too much about what led former teammate IK Enemkpali to punch him in the face and break his jaw when he spoke to the media on Monday, but he did say that he isn’t interested in making a criminal case out of Enemkpali’s conduct.

Smith said, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, that he will not press charges against Enemkpali for the locker room incident, which reportedly stemmed from a $600 debt that Smith owed to Enemkpali after cancelling a scheduled appearance at Enemkpali’s football camp this year. Smith wouldn’t answer questions about whether he has since paid Enemkpali or why he didn’t pay in the first place, however.

Smith did address fans who were taken aback by an incident like that taking place in the team’s locker room — “Imagine how I felt,” Smith said — and, without going into details, whether he learned anything from the experience.

“There’s obviously a lesson learned in every situation … Good or bad,” Smith said.

One lesson that Smith might learn in the coming weeks is that it is possible to lose your job as result of an injury. Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the starter in Week One and it’s hard to see the Jets messing with success if he has them winning games once Smith is ready to come back.

The Jets’ decision to cut both Matt Flynn and Josh Johnson over the weekend was a hint that Smith might be getting close to returning and he took part in positional drills at Monday’s practice to offer further sign that the team might not be relying on Bryce Petty as Fitzpatrick’s sole backup for too much longer.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/07/bills-add-ik-enemkpali-to-practice-squad/

Bills add Ik Enemkpali to practice squad
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 7, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpte3mtc1zjnhmwnknzi2odi5ymnlzjgzodqxzmmxmda5.jpeg
Getty Images

All in all, it’s been a good day for IK Enemkpali.

First the victim of Enemkpali’s locker room punch, Geno Smith, said he won’t press criminal charges. Then Enemkpali got himself a job.

That job will be on the Bills’ practice squad. According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, Enemkpali had multiple options to join practice squads after failing to make the Bills’ 53-player roster, but he wanted to stay in Buffalo.

Enemkpali has a good relationship with Bills coach Rex Ryan, who previously coached him on the Jets, and now the two plan to remain together this season. It wouldn’t be surprising if Enemkpali earns himself a spot on the Bills’ active roster at some point this year. Perhaps in time for the November 12 meeting with the Jets.