GDT RAMS @ Texans.. Time to eat some beef.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
2nd half goals:

1) Got to stop the run. It's a MUST do.

2) Hit Schaub. He's been too clean.

3) Keep the balanced offense.

4) Despite the lead, keep the downfield throws!

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Rabid Ram said:
ramsince62 said:
Wasted opportunity, they had time for 3 passes down field. This was the time to put a boot on their neck....I hope it doesn't come back to haunt them in the 2nd half.
So tired of hearing this EVERY team makes a call very similar to this every Sunday and teams still win. Quit looking for negatives

Hey Rabid, If you don't agree with my comments, then don't comment. I don't need you giving me advise. OK?

Last time I looked, this was the GDT, if you want to limit free speech, run for political office.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
jrry32 said:
Rabid Ram said:
jrry32 said:
Rabid Ram said:
fchowd0311 said:
Rams lucky with the way the refs have been calling the game
For once it's not us. And all the Texans peneltys have been legit

PI should have been illegal contact. Other than that, the calls were correct imo.

My issue is that I wish we would have went for the throat with 40 seconds and two timeouts in the half...when we have to kickoff in the 2nd.
Everyone does time a pick 6 or injury happens

I'm not sure what's being said here? But if you're saying injuries or pick sixes can happen...so can a TD. I'd rather them go for the throat. The odds of a pick six or injury are imo less than the odds for a TD or a FG. Sam is having a good day. Let him go after it.
Auto correct screwed me there.
I'm saying everyone wants to go in that situation until a pick 6 or injury happens. I even wanted to go for it but to say it's a lack of confidence to go into the half like that is incorrect.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Rabid Ram said:
bskrilla said:
Rabid Ram said:
ramsince62 said:
Wasted opportunity, they had time for 3 passes down field. This was the time to put a boot on their neck....I hope it doesn't come back to haunt them in the 2nd half.
So tired of hearing this EVERY team makes a call very similar to this every Sunday and teams still win. Quit looking for negatives

Agreed. If you're up by 10 on the road going into halftime you take that every time.
Agreed I think it's a different situation if your down by 3 heading into the half and they get the ball first but when your up by 10 take your health and go

I think it also depends upon what kind of team you have.....I.e. If you have the GSOT or a strong team, you go for the throat. Young team on the road that has been struggling, you take what you have. That's just MHO.

iced

ramsince62 said:
Rabid Ram said:
ramsince62 said:

Hey Rabid, If you don't agree with my comments, then don't comment. I don't need you giving me advise. OK?

Last time I looked, this was the GDT, if you want to limit free speech, run for political office.

thats guns, not speech

joeybittick

Rookie
ramsince62 said:
Rabid Ram said:
ramsince62 said:

Stop this now. Read CGI's thread right below the GDT if you want to know why this is not true.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17229</a> Right there if you need a refresher.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
iced said:
ramsince62 said:
Rabid Ram said:
ramsince62 said:

thats guns, not speech
In this case, it's both.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
ramsince62 said:
Rabid Ram said:
ramsince62 said:

I am not limiting your freedom of speech just stating my own.
You telling me not to do so is the limitation of free speech.

That being said I'm not here to argue I'm here to discuss I am sorry if you felt slighted.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
CGI_Ram said:
2nd half goals:

1) Got to stop the run. It's a MUST do.

2) Hit Schaub. He's been too clean.

3) Keep the balanced offense.

4) Despite the lead, keep the downfield throws!

5) Contain back-side lanes and play with gap discipline

6) Ditch the soft zones and play more man

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That's right!

We need more pressure packages defensively!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Rams aren't going to stop Foster. We just need to separate even further with the score and force Houston to abandon the run.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Rabid Ram said:
rdlkgliders said:
sitting on the ball is a lack of confidence by the coaching staff.
I hate it
Disagree totally. I'm sure if we went deep and it turned into a pick 6 or Bradford or WR injury you would be pissed and yelling at the coach for going for it
TRhats called playing scared and that's not good or confident

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Wow... Texans come out at half and...

Pass

Pass

Pass

Thank you, Kubiak!

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Rabid Ram said:
ramsince62 said:
Rabid Ram said:
ramsince62 said:

I am not limiting your freedom of speech just stating my own.
You telling me not to do so is the limitation of free speech.

That being said I'm not here to argue I'm here to discuss I am sorry if you felt slighted.

Quit looking for negatives

I don't feel slighted, I responded to the quote above. Let's leave it at that.