GAME DAY GDT: Rams at Seahawks - Week 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, I think 5 rookies played today.
Avila.. Rams Oline was solid.. I'd say that's an A performance.
Byron Young. Really like his effort level and athleticism. B grade.
Kobie Turner. Got half a sack!! And another tackle! B.
Puka Nacua... GIMME A BREAK!!!!! 10 FOR 120!!!! FROM A 5TH ROUNDER!!!! A++++
Evans.. one nice punt.. held solid and nice kickoffs!! A

Man.. this really is fun to see.. they need a franchise-restoring draft.. and they might have had it! Without a first rounder!!
Byron made some rookie errors in run defense, but he was getting after it as a pass rusher. And his athleticism definitely stood out today.
Sure they showed they can be pretty good. 180 yards to an NFL team who made the postseason last year. Shut them down....completely.....in the 2nd half......13 yards or something like that. They're gonna get burned; give up a 30 burger but man they're going to be learning on the fly. How about that Kendricks kid? 2 PI calls and got schooled by Metcalf on the TD. But he made some nice plays and is not afraid to stick his nose in against the run game. I think some folks were a little quick to write him off. For a slow guy he was stride for stride with receivers a lot.
I'm happy to have Aubrey Pleasant back. That dude can coach CBs. Kendrick needs to chill a bit on jumping double moves, but he had a solid game. And he got absolutely screwed on one of the PI calls. He played the ball and arrived just as the ball did.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Byron made some rookie errors in run defense, but he was getting after it as a pass rusher. And his athleticism definitely stood out today.

I'm happy to have Aubrey Pleasant back. That dude can coach CBs. Kendrick needs to chill a bit on jumping double moves, but he had a solid game. And he got absolutely screwed on one of the PI calls. He played the ball and arrived just as the ball did.
He also got bailed out on the first drive.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He also got bailed out on the first drive.
I wouldn't say that. Byron Young would have had a sack if not for Charles Cross tackling him after Young put Cross on his ass. The refs didn't flag that, which is what let Geno buy time. Kendrick got away with some contact, but it wasn't anything crazy. It was a less blatant foul than what Cross did.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The she hawks got only 12 yards in the second half.
Happy Homer Simpson GIF

TexasRam

Legend
Anybody else watching Boom closely?

He gets off balance a lot. Missed a few blocks, too.

I’m just not sold on him at RG just yet.
im going to take a look at it in a few when I do a rewatch. Going to focus on Oline and see what I can deduce. Then I like to compare it to the PFF grades that come out.

Psycho_X

Legend

Night and day from David Edwards so far or any of the other randos we had there last year. Oline will get two huge tests over next four games. The Whiners always tough of course but Eagles might be even better on that line with the addition of Jalen Carter. Avila is just a brickwall though.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
this problem is going to have to be fixed ASAP as the Niners will scheme against him as their primary means of attack
Yep. You know if Shanny sees his back getting 6 yards a pop (like Walker was getting), he won't let up on the gas--he'll pour it on. I really hate how he thinks he can punch anybody in the mouth, esp. since he's usually right.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
im going to take a look at it in a few when I do a rewatch. Going to focus on Oline and see what I can deduce. Then I like to compare it to the PFF grades that come out.

Amazed Shelton was starting as well as Noteboom.Then again heard Mcvay basically talking about it.