GDT: NFC Championship - Buccaneers at Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jacktheripper85

Starter
LMFAO! Tom Brady beats Aaron Rodgers in his own stadium when Rodgers had multiple chances in the 4th Q to lead his team on drives to take the lead and couldn’t-yet everyone ragging on how shitty and lucky Tom Brady is. Fucking sports fans!

And I fucking hate Tom Brady!

Q729

Legend
LMFAO! Tom Brady beats Aaron Rodgers in his own stadium when Rodgers had multiple chances in the 4th Q to lead his team on drives to take the lead and couldn’t-yet everyone ragging on how shitty and lucky Tom Brady is. Fucking sports fans!

You need to embrace that hatred and not worry about who is and isn't lucky!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I also think this one could be its own thread but will include it here for now.

Aaron Rodgers is a great QB, and has had a great career.

That being said, is one Super Bowl appearance ... and a victory ... enough to refute a suggestion that there should have been more playoff success?

Checked some numbers. In the past 12 years, the Packers won-loss record with Rodgers at QB is an outstanding 120-53, with ten playoff seasons.

Despite going 4-0 in the Championship season, Rodgers record is 11-9. That’s just 7-9 in the nine playoff years Green Bay failed to even reach the Super Bowl.

While the Vikings and Bears have each had a couple good teams over the past twelve years, the Packers have been the class of the NFC North.

A lot of quality teams, with a ton of wins but not that good in the Post-Season.

Kind of feel the same way about Drew Brees.

Rodgers and Brees are all-time great QBs, and each has won a Super Bowl but I will suggest both have had disappointing playoff careers.

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

No.

The Bucs beat the Packers. Tom Brady was just part of that.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Great now we get to hear about Brady breaking more records and two weeks of the media going on and on about him. "A QB who's 43 years old and 10th SB appearance and lead the Buccs to be the first team to ever host a SB" its gonna get nauseating real quick.
You don't have to listen. turn on music, watch a movie, read a book. It's nothing but drivel even if it isn't that cheatin QB. Then watch the game.

Marc Spector

Rookie
late to the discussion but heres my take on the Packers (formatting is wonky as its C&P from my other home forum):
The Packers as a team on both sides, are soft. Thats the problem.

its in their DNA to always make the conservative choice and "bend dont break" instead of imposing their will.

Barely any pressure on Brady. Panicked and got away from creative run calling. No balls on going for it on 4th. No sense of urgency on the 2 minute drill .

Certain teams have grit, are physical and when backed in a corner, will make gutsy calls and play physical. The Pederson led Eagles were this before this year. The Seahawks under Carroll. The Chiefs. The 49ers too. The Dolphins and Giants are adopting this identity. Thats the missing piece for GB IMO.

In a lot of ways they are similar to the Rams offensive woes. After Todd Gurleys health went off a cliff, we had no physical weapons to impose our will. Devante is a excellent WR but he's not a physical beast. Neither are Equimenious Brown or MVS or Aaron Jones or whoever else.

Whereas a team like the Chiefs are built to play finesse and physical.

Last edited: Today at 7:08 PM

Q729

Legend
Patrick Chung is the biggest name I remember not sure if any other notable players did
Yeah, I'm not sure who else. I just remember watching something this season where they named off a bunch of names. Either on NFLN or during a game.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
10 Super Bowls! He also threw 3 straight TDs in the first half, those count too. 10 Super Bowls. Let that sink in. I watch sports to see greatness. Love him or hate him, he is great.

Payton has always been waaaay better then Brady IMO

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Payton has always been waaaay better then Brady IMO

So great you spelt his name wrong lol. Sorry couldn’t resist. But of course Peyton was a great player. One of the best. But waaaay better? I think Manning himself would agree Brady is better.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I'm not sure who else. I just remember watching something this season where they named off a bunch of names. Either on NFLN or during a game.

Hightower was the other but there are reports he might of retired anyway. They don’t expect him back next year either. My only source is talk radio so take that with a grain of salt.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
So great you spelt his name wrong lol. Sorry couldn’t resist. But of course Peyton was a great player. One of the best. But waaaay better? I think Manning himself would agree Brady is better.

I'm 4 beer and half a bottle of cuban rum deep gimme a break