Gary Kubiak...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Nobody is immune to that kind of implosion and that long of a losing streak gets anyone fired. It might be easier to win that many games in a row than lose that many!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I want to add that I probably would have let him finish the season if he want edit o unless there were lingering health issues that would make that complicated.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Seems a bit harsh considering he's won two straight division titles and is coming off a 12-4 season and playoff win(with a backup QB).

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Seems a bit harsh considering he's won two straight division titles and is coming off a 12-4 season and playoff win(with a backup QB).
Agreed. But it seems to be the nature of the biz, and it seems that most of the people at this level wear big-boy pants.

Besides, what was his annual salary? It's not like he's gong to miss a meal or anything. LOL

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
A page out of the John Shaw book on inspired human kindness.
OTOH ,if he'd QUIT would they have to pay him off?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Ok, big hypothetical here bu just wondering any ones thoughts on this:

If, and it is a big IF, Schotty leaves the team for a HC position(notice i didn't say if he is fired), how would you feel about bringing Kubiak in as OC. All hypothetical of course.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Ok, big hypothetical here bu just wondering any ones thoughts on this:

If, and it is a big IF, Schotty leaves the team for a HC position(notice i didn't say if he is fired), how would you feel about bringing Kubiak in as OC. All hypothetical of course.

I'd rather they promote someone from within.

RamEERS

Pastor
was thinking that... hypothetically of course... schotty sucks and probably wont be in consideration....
but if we do bring in someone... that'll be bradford's (lost count of number here) OC in the past who knows how long..

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Nah Kubiak needs the time to heal ,I don't entirely discount this was a mercy killing

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I may be in the minority but I don't think he should have been fired. This whole team has imploded but they are still a talented team. Coming off of two division titles and a playoff appearance last season. I don't think if they would have 11 straight losses if they kept Schaub in there. Sometimes qbs get into bad streaks. Most of their losses have been by seven points or less. I think yesterday they set a record for most losses like that in a season. Now they are going to have to get a new coach and possibly a new system to learn. They should have kept Kubiak and regrouped for next season. They still have a good defense. Draft a qb and let Schaub, Yates, Keenum and the rookie battle it out. Foster will be back from injury. Get a new kicker for sure. I just think they would be competitive faster if they kept the same system around rather than starting over. The Falcons are having a terrible season too compared to where they thought they'd be. I bet they don't fire their coach for one bad season.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I think after 11 years, they just figured it was time to move on and try something new. Benching Keenum twice and throwing Shaub in probably didn't help, as most fans wanted Keenum to finish the year out to what they had in him, and it seemed the owner felt that way as well.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I may be in the minority but I don't think he should have been fired. This whole team has imploded but they are still a talented team. Coming off of two division titles and a playoff appearance last season. I don't think if they would have 11 straight losses if they kept Schaub in there. Sometimes qbs get into bad streaks. Most of their losses have been by seven points or less. I think yesterday they set a record for most losses like that in a season. Now they are going to have to get a new coach and possibly a new system to learn. They should have kept Kubiak and regrouped for next season. They still have a good defense. Draft a qb and let Schaub, Yates, Keenum and the rookie battle it out. Foster will be back from injury. Get a new kicker for sure. I just think they would be competitive faster if they kept the same system around rather than starting over. The Falcons are having a terrible season too compared to where they thought they'd be. I bet they don't fire their coach for one bad season.
I had exactly the same thought about the Falcons

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, let's hope the interim coach takes them on a winning streak to bypass the Redskin's record. But as far as the firing goes, this is the "Not For Long" league when you are not winning. Don't think Fisher won't be on the hot seat next year if the Rams don't have a winning record. He'll be gone like yesterday.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He shouldn't have been fired in season. He's been their only HC. Lame on the Texans,

Same time: this is one hell of a regression season. He deserves to be fired at season end.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
He shouldn't have been fired in season. He's been their only HC. Lame on the Texans,

Same time: this is one hell of a regression season. He deserves to be fired at season end.
Dom Capers was their first HC. I think he lasted 3 years.