Game tweets vs SF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
We picked first in the second round when we picked Quick and I saw the reports that he was the pick. I was praying it was bad reporting. It wasn't.
I didn't even know who he was

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Rams need to CUT Brian Quick. Not sit him. Cut him. Fill it with some other hopeful, I don't care. Dude is straight garbage.

Funny. I kept saying to cut him before the regular season and most here disagreed because he was having a good camp. As if the light finally went on. I don't think he is working with a good bulb.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
And to think they could have drafted Alshon with that pick. Now they are just hoping they get a chance to overpay him in FA.

I remember just pounding the table for Alshon and wherever I was posting then kept having some cadre of posters certain Alshon would bust and just be a fat, lazy WR who would be a huge bust.

Then again, he's being wasted in Chicago almost as much as he'd have been wasted here...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Funny. I kept saying to cut him before the regular season and most here disagreed because he was having a good camp. As if the light finally went on. I don't think he is working with a good bulb.

he's got a refrigerator bulb. it works fine.

Problem is someone keeps closing the door...

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
It's a shame, there's so many times where it looked like Quick was going to piece it together and was hungry. Yet without fail he'd get lazy, give up and fall quietly back into his obscurity.

There's just got to be a fire, the want to be here and I just don't see it.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Thank you for posting that clip. I was wondering what happened on that play. I was listening to the game on the radio, in Northern California, and the announcers made it sound like the corner made some all world play. Far from it. Lazy, lazy route. Looked like he was out for a nice Sunday jog in the park. I hope we get a 7th round compensatory pick for him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our second round could have been Cordy Glenn, Janoris Jenkins, Alshon Jeffrey. Glenn would have been a perfect LG for the ground and pound scheme. Jeffrey's rookie performance may have made us not trade up to get Austin. We could have picked DeAndre Hopkins instead and picked Larry Warford in the second round. Giving us Jeffrey and Hopkins at WR and Glenn and Warford at OG. Revisionist history is always fun.

There were years when I did well in the draft and years where I did not. 2012 was a year I absolutely killed it. The Rams had 4 picks in the first 2 rounds that year. The 4 players at the top of my board at each pick where OG David DeCastro in the 1st, WR Alshon Jeffery with our first 2nd, CB Janoris Jenkins with our second 2nd, and OLB Lavonte David with our third 2nd. We would have landed four Pro Bowl players.

Again, that's not the norm for me. It was just a really good year.

To this day, I'll never understand taking Brian Quick over Alshon Jeffery. Jeffery was everything we wanted in a WR.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Been called out myself for my general dislike of Brian Quit, even recently during that early 3 game run where it looked like he had figured it out once again. But as I observed in that conversation where some were talking about how he was among the league leaders, I knew he wouldn't be anywhere near them by season's end. And here we are and yeah, same old dumb, lazy dude he's always been. Not something I am proud to be correct about either, btw, really wish he would have proved me wrong.

Also got a lot of flak from many about my preseason suggestion to trade Tavon while he still had value. But of course the Rams solved the problem of him being an impending FA with a huge contract, who woulda thunk it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We would have landed four Pro Bowl players.

It's not the norm for any of the teams either, historically speaking. But one good draft like that does position a team for a huge run of success, as the roster cements around those pro bowl level guys.

Fish and Snead missed the mark, plain and simple. They had players sitting there that were probably right there with the guys they chose, and they chose wrong. Fish already paid with his job, well that and his inability to hire a damn OC, and Snead will be packing his bags here in a week or two.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not the norm for any of the teams either, historically speaking. But one good draft like that does position a team for a huge run of success, as the roster cements around those pro bowl level guys.

Fish and Snead missed the mark, plain and simple. They had players sitting there that were probably right there with the guys they chose, and they chose wrong. Fish already paid with his job, well that and his inability to hire a damn OC, and Snead will be packing his bags here in a week or two.

Yep. We had a chance in that draft and the succeeding drafts to really do something special. It's sad that we failed. We had 9 picks in the first 2 rounds over that 3 year period. I was for the Tavon trade. But even with that, we could have come away with 5-6 Pro Bowl caliber talents if we simply used our picks well. Realistically, we could have had:
1. Brockers/DeCastro
2. Glenn/Jeffery
2. Jenkins
2. Jeffery/David

1. Austin
1. Ogletree

1. Matthews
1. Donald
2. Joyner

We really could have built something special. And imagine if the Rams had taken the Watkins trade. There were rumors that the top of the Rams draft board after the first 9 or 10 picks were Donald, OBJ, and Martin. That means we might have come away with OBJ and Donald or Donald and Martin as well as a future 1st. Fuuuuuuck. That Robinson pick really hurt us.

Gotta leave the past in the past. :(

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I remember them attending some clandestine workout for this guy.

http://scducks.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-109901.html

4/18/2013

Last season, the Rams conducted private workouts with at least five draft prospects at wide receiver in the final days before the draft: Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State; Michael Floyd of Notre Dame, A.J. Jenkins of Illinois; Brian Quick of Appalachian State; and Kendall Wright of Baylor. The Rams ended up taking Quick in the second round.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_3a2e76e4-1a99-5fdc-bb15-5551e8c90202.html

And what do the Rams hope to accomplish through so many private workouts?

For Snead, it’s another chance to view the player as a person.

“You watch them on film, that’s kind of two-dimensional. You may have gone and seen them practice or play and they’re in shoulder pads,” he said. “But you can go spend a good two to three hours with them, they greet you at the door, show you around the facility. All of those things, workout ... you can smell them, you can feel them.

It makes them 3D, 4D, whatever you want to call it. It brings them to life a little more and you get a good feel of the human being that you’re going to invest in. Because at the end of the day, that’s what these guys are.”

Fisher added: “If you go out and you work out three, four, five guys at the same position, you can compare and you can rank them. I think it’s much easier to do when you see them in person late in the process. It’s been very helpful.”

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2012/4...raft-did-the-st-louis-rams-draft-the-next-t-o

2012 NFL Draft: Did The St. Louis Rams Draft The Next T.O?
by Tevin Broner
Apr 28, 2012

20120226_pjc_ss1_331.jpg

Credit: Brian Spurlock-US PRESSWIRE

Tonight the Rams gave the majority of their fans what they wanted, a play making wide receiver with an early pick.

I'm sure that no one expected them to take Brian Quick over players like Alshon Jeffery, Ruben Randle, and Stephen Hill.

However the Rams felt so strongly about Quick that they rejected trades so that they could draft him. Could it have been a reach? Sure it could have been, but with the four wide receivers that the Rams worked out all went into the first round, why not go to the guy that they had a secret workout with?

Michael Silver wrote another must read article about the Rams, and this time it's about how the Rams fell in love with Quick.

How high were the Rams on Brian Quick?

It was also highly plausible that the Rams would have drafted Blackmon and Quick at picks No. 6 and 33, respectively – that's how much they liked the small-college star after their visit to Boone.

The easiest way to think about this is to imagine, Fisher and Snead going on a hunting trip and finding a big fish in a small pond. Of course they would reel it in, well that's the way I imagine it happened.

The Rams wide receiver coach liked him so much, that he compared him to T.O, a player whom he coached while with the cowboys.

"I see a lot of similarities to Terrell Owens," Sherman said Thursday evening. "The way the kid goes and gets the ball, the physicality, the desire … he has a chance to be special, no doubt."

The Rams offensive Coordinator, also liked what he saw from Quick.

"We were all pretty impressed," Schottenheimer recalled Friday. "The ball [practically] never hit the ground once. Even though he's a tall guy, he got his weight low and grabbed the ball without making it look difficult. He got in and out of breaks, and he was explosive."

This pick interests me, Quick has a lot of potential, but he is really raw. If the Rams think that he can become the next T.O then he will be a great selection.

The only thing I wish, is that I was there at the private workout to see what made Snead and Fisher fall in love with him.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkmNsm_z9xM

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our taste in WRs was terrible in that draft. :LOL:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Last season, the Rams conducted private workouts with at least five draft prospects at wide receiver in the final days before the draft: Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State; Michael Floyd of Notre Dame, A.J. Jenkins of Illinois; Brian Quick of Appalachian State; and Kendall Wright of Baylor. The Rams ended up taking Quick in the second round.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_3a2e76e4-1a99-5fdc-bb15-5551e8c90202.html

And what do the Rams hope to accomplish through so many private workouts?

For Snead, it’s another chance to view the player as a person.

“You watch them on film, that’s kind of two-dimensional. You may have gone and seen them practice or play and they’re in shoulder pads,” he said. “But you can go spend a good two to three hours with them, they greet you at the door, show you around the facility. All of those things, workout ... you can smell them, you can feel them.

It makes them 3D, 4D, whatever you want to call it. It brings them to life a little more and you get a good feel of the human being that you’re going to invest in. Because at the end of the day, that’s what these guys are.”

Fisher added: “If you go out and you work out three, four, five guys at the same position, you can compare and you can rank them. I think it’s much easier to do when you see them in person late in the process. It’s been very helpful.”

Reading that I really feel like throwing up. I'm serious. The guy they loved so much was Blackmon, who busted hard, and Fish dodged a bullet on that big time. But then they go and use the WORKOUT to elevate Quick to a high round two pick. Man. It demonstrates how out of touch this regime was with WRs.

And Snead talking about the player walking around the facility with them mattering... FIRE HIM Demoff. Fire him now.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We really could have built something special. And imagine if the Rams had taken the Watkins trade. There were rumors that the top of the Rams draft board after the first 9 or 10 picks were Donald, OBJ, and Martin. That means we might have come away with OBJ and Donald or Donald and Martin as well as a future 1st. Fuuuuuuck. That Robinson pick really hurt us.

fuck me, where'd that shoot me option go?

FRO

Legend
There were years when I did well in the draft and years where I did not. 2012 was a year I absolutely killed it. The Rams had 4 picks in the first 2 rounds that year. The 4 players at the top of my board at each pick where OG David DeCastro in the 1st, WR Alshon Jeffery with our first 2nd, CB Janoris Jenkins with our second 2nd, and OLB Lavonte David with our third 2nd. We would have landed four Pro Bowl players.

To this day, I'll never understand taking Brian Quick over Alshon Jeffery. Jeffery was everything we wanted in a WR.
To be honest watching Quick's stuff from App State I wasn't excited at all about the pick. He had a great workout with the Rams and they put a lot of stock in that. They also put a lot of stock in Robinson's workout. It's why they failed.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Been called out myself for my general dislike of Brian Quit, even recently during that early 3 game run where it looked like he had figured it out once again. But as I observed in that conversation where some were talking about how he was among the league leaders, I knew he wouldn't be anywhere near them by season's end. And here we are and yeah, same old dumb, lazy dude he's always been. Not something I am proud to be correct about either, btw, really wish he would have proved me wrong.

Also got a lot of flak from many about my preseason suggestion to trade Tavon while he still had value. But of course the Rams solved the problem of him being an impending FA with a huge contract, who woulda thunk it.

Yeah, I am not a Tavon guy either. A Percy Harvin trade for a first rounder based on supposed untapped potential would have been sweet. Sad part is, Tavon is one of our best weapons. Being one of the best weapons on a shit offense doesn't mean he is good though.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
To be honest watching Quick's stuff from App State I wasn't excited at all about the pick. He had a great workout with the Rams and they put a lot of stock in that. They also put a lot of stock in Robinson's workout. It's why they failed.

Yes I was always leery of how much working out in shorts impressed this team and how playing great college football didn't impress them much at all. Snead seemed to love SPARQ scores more than production. That is how you end up with Greg Robinson over Matthews, and Brian Quick over Alshon J. It seems like, his evaluation were so focused on athleticism because he either can't evaluate talent, or he has no respect for the college game and is always trying to look past it. Or maybe much of that was influenced by Fisher.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Reading that I really feel like throwing up. I'm serious. The guy they loved so much was Blackmon, who busted hard, and Fish dodged a bullet on that big time. But then they go and use the WORKOUT to elevate Quick to a high round two pick. Man. It demonstrates how out of touch this regime was with WRs.

And Snead talking about the player walking around the facility with them mattering... FIRE HIM Demoff. Fire him now.

And if Fisher was in man love with Trent Richardson after seeing his workout. Another bullet dodged. Being a great athlete means more than being a great football player, because, you know, Fisher and his staff can coach them up......or not.