Game tweets vs SF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Yes I was always leery of how much working out in shorts impressed this team and how playing great college football didn't impress them much at all. Snead seemed to love SPARQ scores more than production. That is how you end up with Greg Robinson over Matthews, and Brian Quick over Alshon J. It seems like, his evaluation were so focused on athleticism because he either can't evaluate talent, or he has no respect for the college game and is always trying to look past it. Or maybe much of that was influenced by Fisher.
They were too high on themselves and their ability to develop talent. Why not develop a good football player into a great one instead a great athlete into a good football player?

FRO

Legend
Yep. We had a chance in that draft and the succeeding drafts to really do something special. It's sad that we failed. We had 9 picks in the first 2 rounds over that 3 year period. I was for the Tavon trade. But even with that, we could have come away with 5-6 Pro Bowl caliber talents if we simply used our picks well. Realistically, we could have had:
1. Brockers/DeCastro
2. Glenn/Jeffery
2. Jenkins
2. Jeffery/David

1. Austin
1. Ogletree

1. Matthews
1. Donald
2. Joyner

We really could have built something special. And imagine if the Rams had taken the Watkins trade. There were rumors that the top of the Rams draft board after the first 9 or 10 picks were Donald, OBJ, and Martin. That means we might have come away with OBJ and Donald or Donald and Martin as well as a future 1st. Fuuuuuuck. That Robinson pick really hurt us.

Gotta leave the past in the past. :(
Forgot all about the rumored Watkins trade. Man we passed on a small bounty for a guy who can't even dress a couple years later. Even more depressing. The only thing is they probably wouldn't have hit on the other picks anyways.

FRO

Legend
Our taste in WRs was terrible in that draft. :LOL:
In all fairness to Blackmon, he was a special player but he couldn't get his off the field demons under control. Outside of that a huge swing and a miss.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In all fairness to Blackmon, he was a special player but he couldn't get his off the field demons under control. Outside of that a huge swing and a miss.

Doesn't matter if you're special, still a whiff if you wash out due to substance abuse.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Rams need to CUT Brian Quick. Not sit him. Cut him. Fill it with some other hopeful, I don't care. Dude is straight garbage.
AGREED!! Enough is enough!! I think we have some nice young talent on the Team that cane be developed. Like Cooper and Spruce!