Game Thread: Saints @ Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ozoneranger

Rookie
1. They scored more than 21. That's a good thing.
2. They got gouged on the run. That's a bad thing.
3. They got turnovers. Another good thing.
4. Few penalties. For the first game. Yet another good thing.
5. I like Garrett. That kid has stones.
6. The Leg missing two. That was a bad thing.

All in all, I'll take it. Good scrimmage.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
1. They scored more than 21. That's a good thing.
2. They got gouged on the run. That's a bad thing.
3. They got turnovers. Another good thing.
4. Few penalties. For the first game. Yet another good thing.
5. I like Garrett. That kid has stones.
6. The Leg missing two. That was a bad thing.

All in all, I'll take it. Good scrimmage.

+++

It's preseason. Not much to react one way or the other.

FRO

Legend
Outside of Brodine who probably wasn't going to make the team, we made it injury free. That's the biggest plus.

Here are some takeaways:
- Shaun Hill is a huge improvement at backup QB

- Stacy, Cunningham, and Mason all had very good moments

- I liked what I saw out of Robinson and Donald

- Michael Sam is making this team

- EJ Gaines played very well

- Armstrong struggled as did Davis

- I think Roberson made noise

- Davis was far better than Gilbert. I thought Davis was done, he now has life

- Bayer looked great

- I think Pead will get cut

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Outside of Brodine who probably wasn't going to make the team, we made it injury free. That's the biggest plus.

Here are some takeaways:
- Shaun Hill is a huge improvement at backup QB

- Stacy, Cunningham, and Mason all had very good moments

- I liked what I saw out of Robinson and Donald

- Michael Sam is making this team

- EJ Gaines played very well

- Armstrong struggled as did Davis

- I think Roberson made noise

- Davis was far better than Gilbert. I thought Davis was done, he now has life

- Bayer looked great

- I think Pead will get cut

Good summary.

Roberson showed more physical play than I expected.

Ray Ray wasn't bad. He got held on some plays that made him look worse.

Davis is a strange cat. He just gets it done with live bullets.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
You can definitely tell it was the first preseason game. Saw good things from our wide receivers. Thought the running backs looked good as well as Shaun Hill. Hekker shanked one and the leg missed two. Stopping the run looked like a concern. Overall though, with many starters sitting, and this being week one, it was a good showing.

PhxRam

You can definitely tell it was the first preseason game. Saw good things from our wide receivers. Thought the running backs looked good as well as Shaun Hill. Hekker shanked one and the leg missed two. Stopping the run looked like a concern. Overall though, with many starters sitting, and this being week one, it was a good showing.

The run game was certainly a concern but lets see how it plays out with our starters playing.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
If there is a concern position wise it sounds to me like it is LB depth as suspected. OL will fingers crossed never play that many backups at one time whereas The LB position looked vulnerable from the get. Albeit no JL.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good summary.

Roberson showed more physical play than I expected.

Ray Ray wasn't bad. He got held on some plays that made him look worse.

Davis is a strange cat. He just gets it done with live bullets.

Roberson is just frustrating to watch tackle because he has such poor form. It's a lot like Janoris. With his willingness, he could tackle well if he cared to.

JCK363

Behind Enemy Lines
Name
John
I would say I'm much more concerned about our run D (behind the the starters?) than I am about GZ.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd be more worried if Brockers and JL were out there.

Agreed. We had no Brockers, Langford, Quinn (on rushing downs), Hayes, and Laurinaitis out there tonight. Additionally, Dunbar was out of position at MLB. I have a hard time being concerned about our run defense when all of our best run defenders were on the bench. If they play and we struggle, I'll be worried. But last year, we were one of the best rush defenses in the NFL after those first four disastrous games.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I don't remember Britt getting any looks. Hill tried to hit Quick on a 30-yard fade down the left side but it was 5 yards too deep and incomplete. The throw was where it should be but Quick got slowed too much by the DB, was a missed chance for Quick to make a 1-on-1 play.

I don't remember Britt getting any looks. Hill tried to hit Quick on a 30-yard fade down the left side but it was 5 yards too deep and incomplete. The throw was where it should be but Quick got slowed too much by the DB, was a missed chance for Quick to make a 1-on-1 play.

Story of his career so far.

Alan

Legend
Greatly disappointed in our front 7 D. 0 sacks, 5 tackles for loss and 3 QB hits. LB play was very bad. Front 4 merely pedestrian after starters left. Lots of room for improvement here.

Not a good day for our O-line. 4 sacks, 7 tackles for loss and 8 QB hits. Numerous penalties.

I'm not going to comment on the rest of the play except to say that our 3rd stringers appeared to be better than theirs.

On a final note, we played against a playoff team who were ranked 2nd in Offense and 4th in Defense last year. That's something to keep in mind when assessing our play.