Game Thread: Saints at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
One of the few times both parts of our defence put it together. Sometimes we've had a good pash rush and bad secondary - other times our pash rush hasn't turned up. Today they both did. And the O-line and Stacy were awesome. "Killer" Clemen's did well enough. I like him as a backup for us going forwards.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I don't know what it is. As good as Brees moves in the pocket, the Horns tend to bother him enough to take the killer edge off his game.
I think I know why Fisher likes tall DTs, they seem to come up big against shorter QBs. RW and DB both struggle against the Rams 6'5" DTs, yet they play well against other teams that have higher ranked Ds.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Wellshit...just got home from work(retail) so i hadn't heard a score all day and...WOW Rams beat dem Saints. Nice!
I'll watch the replay tnite after the SN game.

So in a nutshell how was this accomplished? LOL

A55VA6

Legend
Wellshit...just got home from work(retail) so i hadn't heard a score all day and...WOW Rams beat dem Saints. Nice!

Shut down Drew Brees until the 4th qtr, Zac Stacy, Clemens played great. It was an impressive win.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Honestly; complete domination, all phases, start to finish.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick

D set the tone on Saints first play of the game: Quinn hit Brees as he released the ball, TMac pick in front of Graham. Tru picked off Drew as he threw into triple coverage after a BS late hit call on Sims put the Aints inside the RZ. Rams scored 2 TDs of the turnovers highlighted by Stacy, Pettis, and Harkey. Just after we went up 14-0 Fish went with the surprise onside which was executed to perfection getting a huge bounce and Stedman jumped high in the air just past 10 yards and came down right inside the sideline to recover. Rams got a FG, essentially stealing 3 points. The Quinn & the ENTIRE DL hounded Brees all day, although I think we only had 3 or 4 sacks. Stacy popped off a 40 yard TD near the end of the 2nd. Just as you thought the Aints could make it close down 24-3, with the ball inside 2 min and get the ball to start the 3rd, their FG was blocked to end the half by Brock. They really could have made a statement if they scored 7 and then drove down to start the 3rd to get 7.

The Rams didn't get much offensively in the 2nd half as they were predictable, trying to run out the clock, but their one drive that resulted in 3 took up 4-6 minutes of clock. Saints looked to have a real chance down 27-16 late with a FG attempt to cut it to 8, but Langford looked to tip the kick as it sailed wide left. Imo the Rams DOMINATED every facet of the game. Imo arguably the most dominant game I've seen in years, although we've beat teams by larger margins.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Thx for the posts guys. Great and unexpected news after a crappy day @ work. :bigup:

Ramzee

Rookie
This game was awesome. Definitely one of my favorite games I've seen in a long time. Mostly because my brother-in-law is an arrogant Saints fan lol but man was it fun seeing us take down one of the better teams in the league and doing so with relative ease. Drew Brees got to know The Mighty Quinn a little more intimately than he wanted to.

I'll tell you what I love, if the Seahawks beat the Saints then "they are going to win the Super Bowl", if the Rams beat the Saints then "the Saints had a bad day at the office and all the Rams needed to do was show up". God love the media.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I've gained mad respect for Clemens this year. He had a great game today.

What Clemens has done (that I didn't expect) is protect the football. So yeah, he's earned my respect too.

His accuracy isn't the greatest, but he moves in the pocket well and can scramble if he has to.