GAME THREAD: Rams at Falcons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
rickrawk said:
CGI_Ram said:
Damn it!

Well. We made a game of it.

My biggest critique of this game is; Schottenheimer was out-game planned in the first half - AGAIN. :grr:
Totally agree. schotty has got to quit being so squemish in the 1st half.

GO RAMS!!!!
Im slowly finding myself on the shotty aint gotty what it takes bandwagon

Lesson

Oh, really?
It was nice to see the effort in the 2nd half, but they can't play like they did in the 1st half.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Rabid Ram said:
rickrawk said:
CGI_Ram said:
Damn it!

My biggest critique of this game is; Schottenheimer was out-game planned in the first half - AGAIN. :grr:

GO RAMS!!!!
Im slowly finding myself on the shotty aint gotty what it takes bandwagon

:lol:

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Call me crazy I'm happy yes I am we came back and out up a fight. We are in for a FUN season!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can you guys believe that Sam Bradford let Jason Snelling make that first down catch and made Daryl Richardson drop that pass that ended up being a pick six? Thanks Sam Bradford for the lost. :ww:
(Old Larry Logic)

But yea, frustrating game. Terrible game-plan in the first half. Offense needs to stick with the no huddle. You could tell it just operated much more smoothly. Defense was frustrating again.

And sadly, I was right about the score. Had the Falcons winning 31-24. Hated being right. Yelled at our guys for a good 3 hours. :lol:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BatteringRambo said:
Call me crazy I'm happy yes I am we came back and out up a fight. We are in for a FUN season!

You're crazy. I can understand being happy that we didn't quit but I have a hard time being happy about the game as a whole. Don't like moral victories. I want real ones.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Agree. Too many penalties, no offense in the first half and soft coverage by the secondary. All can be fixed, but it would be much better if we were playing at home next week. If we want to give ourselves a chance to win next week, we cannot start out like we did today. Loved that this team showed no quit, but IMO, the coaches need to revamp their game plans. Up-tempo offense and more aggressive on the defense. Vanilla was pre-season.

Lesson

Oh, really?
jrry32 said:
Can you guys believe that Sam Bradford let Jason Snelling make that first down catch and made Daryl Richardson drop that pass that ended up being a pick six? Thanks Sam Bradford for the lost. :ww:
(Old Larry Logic)

I understand you're joking, but I honestly thought Bradford should have thrown it away or ran with it instead of attempting that pass. DR should have caught it, but at the same time Sam shouldn't have even thrown it there. Gonna rewatch to see if everyone was covered or not.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
rickrawk said:
CGI_Ram said:
Damn it!

GO RAMS!!!!

Or is it Fisher being too conservative and relying on the defense to keep it close because this team is so young?

UKRam74

UDFA
Just seen this

@STLouisRams: "We got into a one-dimensional game defensively." - Jeff Fisher #STLvsATL

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
MontanaRamsFan said:
rickrawk said:
CGI_Ram said:
Damn it!

GO RAMS!!!!

Or is it Fisher being too conservative and relying on the defense to keep it close because this team is so young?
I think its shotty

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
cell phone died in during our last TD drive, so I bugged-out early. Great comeback, great resolve. I love this team. We're a force to be reckoned with, and we just put everybody on notice. You can never count us out of a game.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Stranger said:
cell phone died in during our last TD drive, so I bugged-out early. Great comeback, great resolve. I love this team. We're a force to be reckoned with, and we just put everybody on notice. You can never count us out of a game.
While i agree i think our d needs to step up all four quarters same goes for our offense you cant win a game in the nfl playing like we did today as a whole

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Wow just watched the pic 6. what bad luck horrible bounce. we really need to hold the ball that was a huge mistake by DR

Graphicker

Starter
I don't think we could survive much longer without a run game as well.. DR starts off well but then he kinda fizzles. That is shocking..

On a other note, Megatron is getting me a ton of points.

Graphicker

Starter
Rabid Ram said:
I have not been to impressed with anyone in our rb committee.

Yup.. Maybe give Stacey a chance.. Dude looks like a bull dozer and keeps the pile moving and we need that in the worst way.
Pead provides shiftiness but he makes your heart skip 200 beats as he has more than suspect ball security skills.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Graphicker said:
Rabid Ram said:

Yup.. Maybe give Stacey a chance.. Dude looks like a bull dozer and keeps the pile moving and we need that in the worst way.
Pead provides shiftiness but he makes your heart skip 200 beats as he has more than suspect ball security skills.
If they keep up the way they are i said it preseason and ill say it again we may need to draft a rb

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Rabid Ram said:

Nobody has had a chance but DR. Pead got 1 whole cary today. But he looked pretty good catching out of the backfield. I'm just not a DR guy. He will break the occasional run but that's it. Once he get's hit, he's down.

It's interesting though the pass blocking has been very good but run blocking has been pretty marginal at best.