GAME THREAD: Jaguars at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ebonemalone

Rookie
I don't think the jags will get much offensively in this game. The blown coverage was a fluke.

If only we could do anything...

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Why do we even run 3-4 wide receiver sets? That last 3rd down play Bradford locked onto Givens and never looked elsewhere. Austin was dragging across the middle with the LBer on his hip trailing by 5 yds. I'm really getting sick of him locking onto the primary target and not looking anywhere else when the primary is covered. He is becoming really predictable with his reads which is only one.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
If we lose to Jacksonville, everybody's seat becomes blisteringly hot.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
This will be a very long week for many people if we lose this game

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
"_____ has really elevated their play." I'm growing weary of hearing this every time somebody plays against us.

Especially don't want to hear it against Jacksonville.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
MTRamsFan said:
Why do we even run 3-4 wide receiver sets? That last 3rd down play Bradford locked onto Givens and never looked elsewhere. Austin was dragging across the middle with the LBer on his hip trailing by 5 yds. I'm really getting sick of him locking onto the primary target and not looking anywhere else when the primary is covered. He is becoming really predictable with his reads which is only one.

I think we all are Greg. It's frustrating to watch. Austin was open for a 1st down and he didn't even look his way.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
bwdenverram said:
brokeu91 said:
bwdenverram said:
So I just noticed what alot of people are saying about Sam. That 3rd and 7 if you notice Austin was crossing over the middle and looked WIDE open. Instead he tried to force it to Givens. He has got to find a way to stop locking onto one person who isn't open.
I agree. It's so bad that I wonder if he really ever be good enough to get the team to the playoffs

This is the first year where I'm finally starting to question if he is the answer. We all know what he started with but his flaws are not getting better.

I really don't know anymore man. You can only use so many excuses for any player. He has to step it up, just like everyone else.

I'm starting to wonder if he's been ruined by years of taking hits, because of horrible players around him and terrible coaching.

At some point a player is just beaten down and ruined as a QB.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
HometownBoy said:
"_____ has really elevated their play." I'm growing weary of hearing this every time somebody plays against us.

Especially don't want to hear it against Jacksonville.
Amazing how many people have career games against the Rams this season

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Rambitious1 said:
bwdenverram said:
brokeu91 said:
bwdenverram said:
So I just noticed what alot of people are saying about Sam. That 3rd and 7 if you notice Austin was crossing over the middle and looked WIDE open. Instead he tried to force it to Givens. He has got to find a way to stop locking onto one person who isn't open.
I agree. It's so bad that I wonder if he really ever be good enough to get the team to the playoffs

This is the first year where I'm finally starting to question if he is the answer. We all know what he started with but his flaws are not getting better.

I really don't know anymore man. You can only use so many excuses for any player. He has to step it up, just like everyone else.

I'm starting to wonder if he's been ruined by years of taking hits, because of horrible players around him and terrible coaching.

David Carr syndrome?

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
2nd and 19, we throw a 2 yard pass. :evil:

this is the shit I'm talking about.

Stacy looking good btw, good blocking and hes averaging 5 yards per carry atm.

Bradford gets touched once and hes ready to go down, All the time.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
bwdenverram said:
HometownBoy said:
bwdenverram said:
I don't understand how the coaching can be this bad that every week we blow coverages by a mile. How do you leave Blackmon that open. And WTF is Giordano doing.

F ME

Blown coverage doesn't fall on coaching, CB had Blackmon right in front of his eyes and just ran right past him, freaking Giordano over. Can only coach your guy so much before he just has to do yanno?

That falls all on that CB. Don't know what he was thinking about, but it wasn't defense.

I disagree. Blown coverages one time are ok, but every week is on coaching. Or you just have dumb players that don't understand their assignment. We have basically the same players.

This is happening every week..

I agree, but this one I don't pin on the coaching. If it's guys not knowing where to go and what to do, that's on coaching.

The kid knew where to go, went there and just kept going. He knew he was supposed to cover Blackmon and just didn't.

That's on him, but it does go into something far greater than just his failure.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
brokeu91 said:
Rambitious1 said:
bwdenverram said:
brokeu91 said:
bwdenverram said:

David Carr syndrome?

Yep.

Maybe.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I...

Am getting pretty weary of Bradford myself. I've defended him since he entered the league, but he just doesn't look like he's changing.

He's playing too conservatively, sometimes you got to take a risk in the NFL, you can't wait for the safe play, you've just gotta go.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Rambitious1 said:
bwdenverram said:
brokeu91 said:
bwdenverram said:

I don't argue that point at all. But what I will say is even at times when he has time to throw, he still doesn't go through his progressions or know where he really should go with the ball. Only QB's that stair down receivers have as many batted balls as Sam.

He's starting to look pretty jumpy and with the play calling being pretty suspect, it's just a bad combination.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
"Sanders gave a good block." Yeah I imagine I could get a good block on a guy if I grabbed his jersey.