Game Day Menu

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Anyone making anything cool today?

I think I'm going to make a pot of ham and beans. I love crockpot food on game day.
Inspired by Dewey last week, I also made a nice big crock of ham and 15 bean soup. DELICIOUS!!!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I've taken inspiration from this thread in previous weeks and years and have a huge pot of chilli on the go. I am NOT a chef, so hopefully I don't poison myself!!
Cooking is fun. the chili I made 15 years ago has no resemblance of the chili I make today. It started off as a hamburger chil
Inspired by Dewey last week, I also made a nice big crock of ham and 15 bean soup. DELICIOUS!!!
damn!
You guys have me second guessing myself.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
My brother is coming down to watch the game with me. So he will bring his homemade bean dip and I'll order some pizza.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
Sounds outstanding to me. As a Pacific Northwest guy, I prefer halibut, but I could probably manage to choke your dinner down.

After dining at Texas de Brazil last evening, we're taking it a tad light today going with Pan Fried Sea Bass over a roasted red pepper sauce with broccoli puree and a couple of bottles of a nice Chablis.

I realize it sounds a tad "Foo Foo" but after last night's meat coma and the multitude of Bass Ale's that followed, it's a must today.
cq5dam.web.266.200.jpeg

CodeMonkey

I also smoked a turkey and made a loaf of banana cranberry bread...(y)

Last edited:

CodeMonkey

Cooking is fun. the chili I made 15 years ago has no resemblance of the chili I make today. It started off as a hamburger chil

damn!
You guys have me second guessing myself.
My wife usually makes the chili. She has an excellent recipe that is just the right amount of hot and a tad sweet. I have a tendency to make it too spicy. It's best to get a balance and add more heat in the bowl if needed (which I do...a lot). If you get the pot too spicy, there is no way to fix.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I thought this chilli experiment might backfire, but the smell wafting through my flat is glorious and I'm tasting it now and then as it cooks. It's going to be brilliant... If I do say so myself

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
My wife usually makes the chili. She has an excellent recipe that is just the right amount of hot and a tad sweet. I have a tendency to make it too spicy. It's best to get a balance and add more heat in the bowl if needed (which I do...a lot). If you get the pot too spicy, there is no way to fix.
I do the same thing. I try to ease back on the chiles in my Chili, but it's so hard!

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I'm not a fancy guy so I'll be getting some jalapeño cheese sliders from Whitecastles

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Just need my chilli to reduce a little bit... Any tips?!

CodeMonkey

Just need my chilli to reduce a little bit... Any tips?!
In a coffee cup, dissolve a tbsp or two of corn starch or flour with a little water using a fork and add to thicken more quickly. It will lump if you dont dissolve first.

Last edited:

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
This chilli is fucking wonderful. I'm going to cook more often.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Chicken noodle soup, ham and hasselback potatoes. Cake for dessert. Hope it's good as my appetite is down due to the game.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Fighting off a cold and I'm fighting it off like it's a cage deathmatch...

So, other than an Isagenix shake in the morning, I'll probably just have soup and a sandwich for lunch and be hydrating like CRAZY all day.

The WIFE gets home today at 9:45pm!!! She's been away for two weeks and even after 26 years of marriage, we both can't stand to be apart for too long. I so can't wait!!!

That's so fantastic......I loved reading that because I am a romantic (believe it or not LOL)