Game Day Menu: Share your vittles!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That’s a great mix. Thinking of what I could do to put some spice or heat on it, horseradish would definitely work. Good idea.
It doesn't add a lot of heat but it really adds depth to the pepper flavor. It's awesome on meats and veggies.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Finished product.

I sous vide the TriTip for about 20 hous at 127° then seared it on my smoker for 1 minute per side at 650°. While it was resting, I sprinkled a little EVO on the brussel sprouts (freaking huge brussels cut in half) and then seasoned with my steak rub. I then added a little dark rum to the stem area and brouled them for a few minutes. I took them out and sprinkled them with white grapefruit balsamic and fresh Parmesan then back under the broiler.

Fucking amazing and fitting of that come back win.

Awe. FFS! I'll have to resize the pictures but will post soon.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Gonna have to figure this out. Pictures and even screen shots come back as too large.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
PXL_20231120_010155114~2.jpg
PXL_20231120_012929734~2.jpg
PXL_20231120_012945862~2.jpg

Funny. I was able to edit, then crop just a tiny bit, then save, then upload thos pics.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Pretty color on the tip as well!
Yeah. And even though I used a knife, you could cut it with your fork. I love my sous vide.

And just a personal tip. I never season beef before putting it in the sous vide unlike pretty much everything else. I've tried seasoning beef before hand and it always just takes on the seasoning and loses that wonderful beef taste.

I like a seasoning crust or bark but not the whole thing being seasoned.

oldnotdead

Legend
I am hooked on these in-husk tamales from my local grocery store. I have been eating the beef ones, but bought pork to try this time. I will top them with a red enchilada sauce.

Pico and chips as appetizer.
Maggie made beef (birria de res) and chicken (marinated pollo) tamales with homemade masa. Took all day on Saturday while I watched college FB. She served it with Spanish rice and pico de gallo on the side.

Saturday she made birria de res tacos with homemade guac and Mexican rice with lime and cilantro on the side.

Monday I'm making pasta with chicken and cheese sauce with homemade crusty rolls and a green salad with homemade apple cider vinaigrette,

We only eat Mexican maybe 3 times a week at most. But when we eat at home we make the meals from scratch.