Full Interview Dickerson on Cowherd Today (video)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Do you see half ass practicing or do you think that Jeff Fisher is having his team only "half ass practice" just for kicks?

I see it. Because like I said in my previous nothing is fluid. Discipline, bad communication. Should I continue onto other noticable flaws that are most likely due to lack of practice?

I hate having to bring up the obvious, and argue with a fellow Rams fan about this teams performance. I must be as blind as a bat, and everything is hunky-dory? I am sorry but I can see, and its painful to watch this team every week getting hit by the element of surprise as if preparation was something that was missed on practice.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Rumors of being a malcontent and a simmering contract dispute is what led to the Faulk trade. Marshall held out for a new contract too, and before he had ever played a down with the Rams. Only difference is the team gave him the contract he wanted.

I've never bought that wanting to get paid equates to not being a team guy. We know what this game does to people and the relatively short life of RBs in particular. Even if I had hard feelings over the way ED left, that was 30 years ago. Long time to hold a grudge.

I would agree Dickerson should've been able to resolve this quietly. Hard to see grown men in their 50s acting like this.

All true, as Marshall himself admits... but he never aired his issues out in the media or threw the Colts under the bus, either.
And he changed.

And I hold no grudge against Dickerson whatsoever. He is 1 of the greatest runners ever. Maybe the greatest. I even like his personality... but he's always been all about Dickerson, Imo.

I'd take Marshall even if their personalities were identical. Based solely on skill and ability, Marshall was the better Rams Running back.
But it's close.

I know I'm a homer, but I honestly feel like they are 2 of the 5 best, ever.

____ATT___YDS__AVG__TD___REC__YDS__TD__FMB
ED: 2996 -13295--4.4---90----281--2137---6---78
MF: 2836 -12279--4.3--100----767--6875--36--36

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He is trying to run a bad coach out of town.
If it works.I'm for it.By any means necessary.
If all this Lame BS gets into the Teams Collective Head, and effects there play in a negative way, What the F--k Good is coming from ED going on every talk show in the Sporting world!!?! Except to Build up his Brand!!

jjab360

Legend
The hot blonde chick had a good point about Fisher calling ED man to man and then ED going and crying to the media about it for attention.

I don't like Fisher as our coach right now but I respect him more as a man from how this all went down. And kudos to the blonde chick for having the balls to call him out on it.

On top of all this, it's just hilarious how ED is acting like the victim when he's been the one spitting in the current regime's face and then going back and asking them for favors that he admitted in the interview that he didn't even have to ask for in the first place.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
Dickerson was a great Rams running back.
That said, it's totally uncool to be doing what he's doing.
He isn't the first HOFer to not believe in his former teams HC... but unlike the majority of those guys, he's putting his ego ahead of what's best for the team RIGHT NOW.
He could have waited till week 17 for his campaign against Fisher.. that wouldn't bother me.
There is a bit of revisionist history going on with some fans and how they view Dickerson.
Do they not remember how and why he left for the Colts? The constant contract disputes after only 2 seasons and airing it all out in the media then, too? :bueller:
He was never a team player. He played for team Dickerson then and apparently still does.
He will always be one of the best RBs of all time....
... but I'd take Marshall Faulk over him any day of the week and twice on Sundays. He has a gold jacket too. And a ring.. :snicker:
Dick was the second best running back in Rams history. He was a stallion on the field. I'll never forget his 60 plus yard blast up the middle against the Cowboys to win the playoff game in OT. But the dude was, is and always will be a "me first" whiner :hiding:

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Stan is not going to listen a guy who just embarrassed his franchise.

Haven't we learned by now? Stan Kroenke does what he wants. ED and the media aren't going to bully him around lol

The only way a fans voice can be heard is if we don't show up or watch.

Tickets are already sold out this year and there's a waiting list. If 40k show up and PSL's don't sell for the new stadium then that's when shit gets real.

ED and this whole thing will be forgotten very soon. ED could moan and groan until the cows come home as far as Stan is concerned.

There's a rumor going on that ED might write a book about this fiasco lol

Btw ED just retweeded this. Is ED batman?

View: https://twitter.com/sheriffjoebags/status/805156818137841665

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I not rooting against our team.
so I am not sure what you're even talking about.Are you?
If I was rooting against them I would be rooting for a fisher extension.
I'm not going to waste my time copying it for you if you can't figure it out maybe you are on the wrong website.

RAMNATION

Rookie
Real fans never root against their team
AGREE 100%, but to be honest dont you sometimes have those mixed feelings when it is week 17 and the Rams are 5 and 10. At the end of the day they will be 5 and 11 or 6 and 10 period. I root for my Rams to win, but I will also be OK with the lost ((WIN at draft position). Thats how I feel about this ED beef. Its not about getting Fisher fired, everything hinges on Fisher not getting resigned.

RAMNATION

Rookie
I see it. Because like I said in my previous nothing is fluid. Discipline, bad communication. Should I continue onto other noticable flaws that are most likely due to lack of practice?

I hate having to bring up the obvious, and argue with a fellow Rams fan about this teams performance. I must be as blind as a bat, and everything is hunky-dory? I am sorry but I can see, and its painful to watch this team every week getting hit by the element of surprise as if preparation was something that was missed on practice.
My personal favorite, "We are keeping it vanilla in Preseason" Then I see the same thing all year long.

Bruce2980

Starter
Dickerson was a great Rams running back.
That said, it's totally uncool to be doing what he's doing.
He isn't the first HOFer to not believe in his former teams HC... but unlike the majority of those guys, he's putting his ego ahead of what's best for the team RIGHT NOW.
He could have waited till week 17 for his campaign against Fisher.. that wouldn't bother me.
There is a bit of revisionist history going on with some fans and how they view Dickerson.
Do they not remember how and why he left for the Colts? The constant contract disputes after only 2 seasons and airing it all out in the media then, too? :bueller:
He was never a team player. He played for team Dickerson then and apparently still does.
He will always be one of the best RBs of all time....
... but I'd take Marshall Faulk over him any day of the week and twice on Sundays. He has a gold jacket too. And a ring.. :snicker:
Yeah Dickerson left because he wasn't being paid as one of the top running backs in the NFL. Kinda like Jenoris Jenkins left because the Rams gave him a low ball offer, and once that happened there was no way he was going to stay regardless of matching offers. It happens all the time when athletes are getting screwed and they know they deserve to make more money based on their performance related to the pay of others with lower performances. And after setting two records that still stand, he should have been paid, especially considering that this is a "performance" based business. So there are 1000s of NFL players that should just shut their mouths, fire their agents and take whatever pay the team they happen to be on decides to pay them?
Do you think Marshall Faulk took a pay cut to play for the Rams? How many records does he have that still stand when he was a Colt? Don't get me wrong, Marshall Faulk is great, but I think he was satisfied with his contracts. How many contract disputes have we all seen that are in the media? Do you think that if Tom Brady was getting low balled by the Cheatriots it would not be in the media? I'd venture a guess that it would be all that sports radio would be talking about. "Brady what a jerk, he isn't making the pay that the top 10 QBs are making and now he's crying."

Bruce2980

Starter
I guess we should just lose out for the draft picks then, since contention is all that matters?
Every day of practice, every game, every week matters to the development of this team. The players deserve every opportunity to play their best. 5 games is a lot of time. A focused team without distractions can accomplish a lot in that amount of time.

Our Rookie QB needs a coaching staff and a team can devote 100% of their attention on the game.
Dickerson is hurting more than Jeff Fisher if he is creating controversy.
Name one player on the LA Rams or coach that says that what is happening with Eric Dickerson is a distraction to the team and that they can't play any more cause of what he says on the radio. Find one NFL player, current or retired, or NFL pundit that will say the Rams are being distracted by ED and that is why they have had a bad offense. If this is a distraction to the team then we may as well hang it up cause it will never get better than it is now, cause I haven't heard any praise for Fisher or the LA Rams on any media I watch or listen to. But, I do hear on Phoenix radio that they do want Fisher extended, cause that's good for the Cardinals to have a team that is consistently 7-9 or worse, and that is the closest thing that I hear that can be considered praise for Fisher. And I have not heard anyone, beyond this forum, that thinks Fisher calling ED and saying what he did was a good idea, not one.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Say all you want ED. Tell it like it is too because many things you say are reality. Say it on air, on TV, in the streets, in the shower wherever...but if I AM A COACH OR A PLAYER OR A MEMBER OF THE RAMS ORGANIZATION then don't act like you've been insulted when i don't want you on my sideline during games.
Duh.

It's like being cordially invited to a house party and when the house turns out to be a dump and the party kinda sucks you let everyone know about it. Social, professional responsibility within circles. Not to be confused with polishing a turd, Eric. No one in the organization is asking you to do that.

Tired of this story.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I guess we should just lose out for the draft picks then, since contention is all that matters?
Every day of practice, every game, every week matters to the development of this team. The players deserve every opportunity to play their best. 5 games is a lot of time. A focused team without distractions can accomplish a lot in that amount of time.

Our Rookie QB needs a coaching staff and a team can devote 100% of their attention on the game.
Dickerson is hurting more than Jeff Fisher if he is creating controversy.

No way. The lossing has to stop !!!

All Fisher is doing is creating a lossing organization . I"love agree on playing 5 games , but Fisher went on a winning streak only to comeback & have a worse year.

Demoff is making a BS statement if he gives Fisher credit for the season at all.
'
Well Hard Knocks was a messed up thing , looking back. It totally wasted Goff & this season. Way to many cameras around a seriously tough move.
-- The fact though is the team bought in & he(The Rams)did a excellent job with it.
It still comes down to X & O's

--- No love here for Fisher moving forward.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Say all you want ED. Tell it like it is too because many things you say are reality. Say it on air, on TV, in the streets, in the shower wherever...but if I AM A COACH OR A PLAYER OR A MEMBER OF THE RAMS ORGANIZATION then don't act like you've been insulted when i don't want you on my sideline during games.
Duh.

It's like being cordially invited to a house party and when the house turns out to be a dump and the party kinda sucks you let everyone know about it. Social, professional responsibility within circles. Not to be confused with polishing a turd, Eric. No one in the organization is asking you to do that.

Tired of this story.
Score one for logic!

You have to be pro Rams if you want to be on the sidelines or want favors from the club. It's common sense.

The hate for Fisher and the love for Eric got people blinded.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I believe everything Dickerson said because Fisher is a lying SOB.

RamWoodie

Legend
With the Rams issues on offense...who the heck cares about a Dickerson/Fisher disagreement? It's petty!!!