From Around the League--Vanquished Foes of Vanquished Foes Edition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
Just yesterday, on NFL Live on ESPN, the “experts” were discussing the MN Vikings and whether they were a legitimate contender.

“NFL expert” Marcus Spears said yes; that there were not as many good teams in the NFC. Then Spears said:
‘Other than Tampa Bay, Green Bay and, maybe New Orleans, who is there?’

Apparently, the two teams in the NFC Championship Game do not rate to Marcus Spears. Now, I realize he probably just forgot the NFC West but does that make it better. Spears did not correct himself; and none of his three “fellow experts” mentioned the Rams or Niners.
Dude is struggling if he forgot the NFC West. Don’t know who he is and what his background is but I hope he didn’t quit his day job.

dang

Legend
Dude is struggling if he forgot the NFC West. Don’t know who he is and what his background is but I hope he didn’t quit his day job.
Oh I apologize he’s a first round Cowgirl bust who had 10 sacks and 2 TFLs in 9 years in the NFL.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Packers were Larry Holmes vs. Mike Tyson - they got knocked down and stayed down.

Rams were Larry Holmes vs. Earnie Shavers. Took their best shot and, with the heart of a champion, got up off the mat to win.

I love that you brought up Larry Holmes.

My grandfather helped his family move up to Easton, PA (Larry's boxing moniker was the "Easton Assassin") and took the then 6 year old boy over to St. Anthony's gym so he'd have something to do and he could keep out of trouble.

Just prior to signing with Don King, he asked my grandfather to be his manager and my grandfather declined. He was someone who held volunteer positions in the community and had so many accolades that his obituary was delayed a day so that folks wouldn't get upset because the paper left things out.

Died of a heart attack April 9th, 1986.

Sorry, had to bring that up. Larry Holmes was a good dude. Brought is money back home and developed a lot of downtown... stayed in the area.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Marcus Spears was a nine-year NFL D-Lineman. First Round pick of the Cowboys.

He is currently one of the most popular NFL commentators on ESPN, with regular work on both Get Up and NFL Live.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Just yesterday, on NFL Live on ESPN, the “experts” were discussing the MN Vikings and whether they were a legitimate contender.

“NFL expert” Marcus Spears said yes; that there were not as many good teams in the NFC. Then Spears said:
‘Other than Tampa Bay, Green Bay and, maybe New Orleans, who is there?’

Apparently, the two teams in the NFC Championship Game do not rate to Marcus Spears. Now, I realize he probably just forgot the NFC West but does that make it better. Spears did not correct himself; and none of his three “fellow experts” mentioned the Rams or Niners.
He forgot the Rams and Niners but added the Saints? Wtf?

dang

Legend
Marcus Spears was a nine-year NFL D-Lineman. First Round pick of the Cowboys.

He is currently one of the most popular NFL commentators on ESPN, with regular work on both Get Up and NFL Live.
Greg Robinson was a first round pick. Donald had better stats in 9 games than Spears 9 year career. But my real point is you lose credibility when you completely forget a whole NFC Division.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He didn't forget about the Rams and whiners. He just didn't mention them because it ruins his argument. Because as everyone knows the Rams and whiners will wipe the floor with the Vikings.