Free agent WR Nick Truesdell signs with Vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
http://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/bre...-9-contract-offers-nfl-teams-veteran-combine/

In 2013, Nick Truesdell the 6’6, 252 pound wide receiver found out that his size and talents could only get him so far. He found an agent, attended Cincinnati Bengals camp, and earned a tryout with the Tennessee Titans. The amazing pass catcher knew he had the talents, and was forced to take his talents to Colorado where played for the Indoor Football Leagues’ Colorado Ice. Truesdell would spend the next few years trying to get into the NFL. He spent time on several teams, before he finally landed a spot with the Colts.

• Cincinnati Bengals Camp (2013)
  • Tennessee Titans Tryout (2013)
  • Colorado Ice (2014)
  • Bemidji Axemen (2014)
  • Spokane Shock (2014–2015)
  • Portland Steel (2016)
  • Indianapolis Colts (2016)*
  • Arizona Rattlers (2017)*
  • Cleveland Gladiators (2017)*
After playing solid ball for Bemidji his play earned him an invitation to Green Bay Packers camp. That only lasted a week. That was when he signed with the Spokane Shock. He was a dog for them scoring 19 touchdowns with five weeks to go. That is when NFL teams began to take notice.

On July 28, 2016, He was signed to the Indianapolis Colts roster. Two days later on July 31, 2016, Truesdell was waived. TWO DAYS, that never sat well with Truesdell.

It was not what he had hoped for, but it did open the door for the veteran combine a few days ago in Arizona. Truesdell knew he could impress scouts if he attended so he signed up and the rest is history.

I talked to several scouts who said Truesdell straight murdered the veteran combine. He ran a 4.47 at 6’6 and 252 pounds. The teams ran him through drills and that was more than enough. We are learning that by the time he went to the airport, over six teams had already called his agent and began offering contracts.

He received 9 contract offers from the Oakland Raiders, New York Jets, Cincinnati Bengals, Minnesota Vikings, Los Angeles Rams, Atlanta Falcons, Indianapolis Colts, New York Giants and the Tennessee Titans.

We are learning that the big time target will make his decision very soon, and he is actually on a visit now with one of the teams. Expect him to make a decision very soon.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
He seems like fools gold to me. Plenty of players have a great combine but it doesnt mean you can play football necessarily. If all those teams had a look at him and let him go (even in lesser leagues), he clearly isn't anything extraordinary.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bring him in. Let's see if he can earn a spot.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Bring him and try him at WR and TE and see if anything sticks. Leave no stone unturned.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
There's also the matter of his past
http://www.fox19.com/story/12912405/nicholas-truesdell-pleaded-guilty

12912405_BG1.jpg

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19)- A former Anderson High School and UC football player pleaded guilty to drug trafficking charges.

20 year old, Nicholas Truesdell pleaded guilty Monday to trafficking in marijuana, a felony carrying a maximum prison sentence of 18 months. In June he was arrested with three bags of marijuana in the parking lot of Sherwood Elementary School.

This isn't Truesdell's first brush with the law. He was also arrested last June for breaking into an Anderson Township home and he was dismissed from the UC football team for stealing from the UC bookstore in 2008.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...on-grad-truesdell-makes-shock-waves/30082543/

"I know that's always going to be a question because of my past," 2008 Anderson High School graduate Nick Truesdell said. "That's what I thought when I was younger. Obviously, it didn't work out. I learned that quickly. You still have to be a model citizen and still have to do the right things. I've definitely grown a lot."
---------------
He might do well starting on special teams.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrvTFx3Fj8k

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq6JS1xIHK8

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
The arena football league is a joke compared to the NFL. But I'd like to bring him in for a tryout for sure.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
In some respects playing in a closet helps improve one's game. With tighter windows, separation is harder to get and catching in traffic is practically every catch.

I keep saying that a physical specimen at the #1 slot would help Goff immensely. Maybe he's the guy. I dunno.

As for teams quick dumping a guy, teams have waived guys who never really got a chance only to watch them become Pro Bowlers. I don't have faith that a team fully evaluated the guy after two days. Unless he was horrific in which case that would have been remembered.

I think production talks. When teams looked at his film, beyond the stats, they must have seen something. I don't think 9 teams solely geeked out on a workout.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No thank you. I think that his past character issues don't coincide with McVay's vision of his team. He's very raw, and he didn't even produce much in the AFL.

I hope someone else takes him.

Ram65

Legend
The guy keeps trying so why not. He shows he is serious and has the unique speed for as big as he is. Leave no stone unturned! Go Rams.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If The Rams are offering then someone likes his talent . I'm sure they did a solid background check as well.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
No thank you. I think that his past character issues don't coincide with McVay's vision of his team. He's very raw, and he didn't even produce much in the AFL.

I hope someone else takes him.

If it's true the Rams are offering a contract to Truesdell, this may open the door for other less than 'model' citizens to qualify for employment with the Rams.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
LMAO, When I first read it I thought it said he actually murdered someone..I need to get my eyes checked.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
LMAO, When I first read it I thought it said he actually murdered someone..I need to get my eyes checked.

Haha, I was looking for the gruesome details too. All I found were some pretty cool stats. I say bring him in!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The guy keeps trying so why not. He shows he is serious and has the unique speed for as big as he is. Leave no stone unturned! Go Rams.

Well reasons why not include that the Rams are putting a new system into place, and need coaching time for the returning players. A raw player who hasn't caught on elsewhere despite multiple opportunities could work out, but likely will take development time away from others. The behavioral history isn't exactly good either.