Four touchdowns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stel

Starter
Four more touchdowns and we end up 11-5 this season (and the 3rd seed in the playoffs). Ouch.

We lost to Pittsburgh by 6, Minnesota by 3 in overtime, Baltimore by 3, and San Francisco by 3 in overtime.

The average NFL team scored 365 points this season, or 22.8 per game.
St. Louis scored 280 points this season, or 17.5 per game.

All I wanted was 28 more frikin' points (we were 85 below league average).

Yes, I'm feeling a bit frustrated.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Yea, when we score 20 points, we don't lose. We were 7-0 scoring 20 points or more... and that's not asking a lot as it's below league average. We average 20 and we're good to go.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Top scoring team in the league was at 31.2 ppg
Lowest scoring team was 14.9 ppg

I believe the Rams need to be at about 24 ppg to be successful. Rams finished at 17.5
Lots of work to do, obviously.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Top scoring team in the league was at 31.2 ppg
Lowest scoring team was 14.9 ppg

I believe the Rams need to be at about 24 ppg to be successful. Rams finished at 17.5
Lots of work to do, obviously.
We need one more touchdown per game. Very doable.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Four more touchdowns and we end up 11-5 this season (and the 3rd seed in the playoffs). Ouch.

We lost to Pittsburgh by 6, Minnesota by 3 in overtime, Baltimore by 3, and San Francisco by 3 in overtime.

The average NFL team scored 365 points this season, or 22.8 per game.
St. Louis scored 280 points this season, or 17.5 per game.

All I wanted was 28 more frikin' points (we were 85 below league average).

Yes, I'm feeling a bit frustrated.
Yep all games we should've won and it is very frustrating knowing that.This is a team that will start losing alot of its young core players soon.A winning season and playoff berth would of helped keeping some here.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
11-5 was a record a lot of people predicted based on the talent this team has. It looks stupid now but actually as you so elegantly point out it was entirely feasible. I personally thought 10-6. What no one could have predicted was the complete ineptness of the offense under Foles. It was a weird situation that gave us a historically bad offense (remember the whole league being better on 4th and 17+ than we were on 3rd and anything??). That problem was fixed. The wins returned.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'll bet you could turn 4 or 5 Ls into Ws even leaving TDs out of it. A turnover, a penalty, a missed kick.

another year of what might have been.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Hell, even in some of those games one made kick that was missed we win those games.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont mean to be "that guy" but just as easily as you can flip some losses to wins, you can go the other way as well.
Rams won 2 games convincingly, the rest were close or got close.

Got to score in the mid 20's

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I dont mean to be "that guy" but just as easily as you can flip some losses to wins, you can go the other way as well.
Rams won 2 games convincingly, the rest were close or got close.

Got to score in the mid 20's
Oh... So you're THAT guy eh? :boxing:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Possibly the difference between using a legit QB vs backups year after year? :)
Man i wish we had a passer who refused to lose.
I'm sure Case doesn't want to lose. It's not his fault Fisher basically pulled him out of he game on those last 3 run plays. We moved the ball very well down the field. Why not try the fake reverse jet sweep again and throw over the middle to Cook? That play always seems to be wide open every single time. We ran it three times this year.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm sure Case doesn't want to lose. It's not his fault Fisher basically pulled him out of he game on those last 3 run plays. We moved the ball very well down the field. Why not try the fake reverse jet sweep again and throw over the middle to Cook? That play always seems to be wide open every single time. We ran it three times this year.
Yeah i'm not necessarily indicting Keenum or Foles or Hill or Davis or Bradford as losers...but as my signature states quoting Martz, some QB's are just ultra competitive and it rubs off on the entire team. I don't think any of the guys we've been rolling out at QB own that.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
So I came up with a method of what the O would need to have averaged given what the D did allow for us to win a particular number of games (I can go into the stats behind the method, although it's pretty boring)

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 20.37.26.png

It predicts that given our offensive output this season we would win on average 6.8 games, it also predicts that to win 10 games we would have needed to score an average of 25.7 points per game, an increase of 8.2 points per game, a ranking of 8th and the highest ranking offence of a Fisher coached team since 2003.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
So I came up with a method of what the O would need to have averaged given what the D did allow for us to win a particular number of games (I can go into the stats behind the method, although it's pretty boring)

View attachment 11674

It predicts that given our offensive output this season we would win on average 6.8 games, it also predicts that to win 10 games we would have needed to score an average of 25.7 points per game, an increase of 8.2 points per game, a ranking of 8th and the highest ranking offence of a Fisher coached team since 2003.

You know what would be interesting? If you have the raw data handy, it would be interesting to see a scatter graph of offensive points per game vs wins, say, for the last 20 years or so, and then plop a best fit equation on top of that.

FRO

Legend
I'll bet you could turn 4 or 5 Ls into Ws even leaving TDs out of it. A turnover, a penalty, a missed kick.

another year of what might have been.
The first Seattle game was a 3 point game. The first Arizona game was a 2 point game. The last Seattle game was a 6 points. We beat the Lions by 7 points, and the Buccaneers by 8. So it goes both ways. We could easily be 4-12. The sad thing is if our passing game were any good we wouldn't have to worry about close scores.

Irish

Starter
The difference is explosive plays, plain and simple.

Explosive plays change the complexion of a game. 2nd and 8 from your own 36 and you score a 64 yard touchdown? 1st and 10 from the 50 and a wide receiver makes a man miss on a bubble screen and takes it to the house? Winning by 4 in the 4th quarter with 5 minutes to go and Gurley breaks a 55 yard run to win the game? This team just didn't have these plays, crunch time or otherwise.

Lack of difference making legit receiver talent (Tavon doesn't count), lack of even marginal QB play between Foles and Keenum, and maybe the worst offensive game plan with Cignetti at the helm doomed this team. Russell Wilson is good for a long touch down pass every game. So is Palmer, Newton, Brees, and Bortles. This pains me to say, but the Rams were Jay Cutler and Michael Crabtree away from the playoffs this year.