Four players who are exceeding expectations

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Why not try Skow at TE? He can catch, he can block, neither linebackers or safeties will be able to cover him... just a thought.
I think that's how it will trend. Him being a key blocker in run plays out of motion, being moved onto the end of the line, assisting the OTs in pass pro, all that stuff associates with TE. So it really doesn't matter what they call him. He will be doing those things for us because who else will. We have a UDFA a lot of folks here are pining for but he needs to be up to be used, maybe he factors in too but I think that Skow will eat that role for us and do well.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think that's how it will trend. Him being a key blocker in run plays out of motion, being moved onto the end of the line, assisting the OTs in pass pro, all that stuff associates with TE. So it really doesn't matter what they call him. He will be doing those things for us because who else will. We have a UDFA a lot of folks here are pining for but he needs to be up to be used, maybe he factors in too but I think that Skow will eat that role for us and do well.
He's already doing a bunch of move TE stuff, as you pointed out.

Thing is he can do that AND do a good chunk of the WR stuff pretty damn well. One thing I read on here that I just think is a non-starter is the idea of trying to make him put on 20 pounds.. I think that's kinda silly. McVay is using him very well, imo.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One last point about Skow playing tight end.. I don't want him replacing Higbee... I would like to see McVay use him with Higbee! Split Kupp and Robinson out wide and make the niners linebackers or safeties cover him. Good luck with that! Or run the ball with 7 blockers. The niners play a very simple defense... four up front and three linebackers right behind them, and it gives McVay fits. I think we need to try something different.

dang

Legend
One last point about Skow playing tight end.. I don't want him replacing Higbee... I would like to see McVay use him with Higbee! Split Kupp and Robinson out wide and make the niners linebackers or safeties cover him. Good luck with that! Or run the ball with 7 blockers. The niners play a very simple defense... four up front and three linebackers right behind them, and it gives McVay fits. I think we need to try something different.
Higbee gets beat up throughout a season. He got hurt 2 games ago and all but disappeared in the Carolina game. Need to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. The Rams need a blocking YE who can catch a handful of balls near the line.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Skow is a very nice utility player who has absolutely earned the right to continue to get snaps. McVay will almost certainly open up the play book more with VJ coming back and Benny comfortable playing so many roles. Could be fun.