For Warner, Spygate Still Haunts The Pats Sb Win Over The Rams –video

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Or demonstrated the league's complicity????

that's an equally big risk. Integrity of the game at stake for ?

Why would the league (31 other owners) be motivated to "give" the Patriots an undeserved SB win?

I just don't see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I that's an equally big risk. Integrity of the game at stake for ?

Why would the league (31 other owners) be motivated to "give" the Patriots an undeserved SB win?

I just don't see it.

The 31 other owners would not have been consulted. It would have been just between Tagliabue, Goodell, and the refs, taking orders from someone in the government.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The 31 other owners would not have been consulted. It would have been just between Tagliabue, Goodell, and the refs, taking orders from someone in the government.

I don't think the government has a stake in football. 911 or not. Just a concept I can't fathom when you factor in what their role is in America.

Ram_of_Old

It's been over a decade ago and it still feels like last month. I'll never get over any of it...

I remember going into the office about an hour early the Monday after the SB loss, just to get busy so I didn't think about the loss. Then a friend called me and left a message that he saw my car and wondered if I had trouble sleeping. I woulda ripped his throat out if I could have gotten to him.

Ram_of_Old

Every year this subject comes up ... and the outrage I felt--as that FG went through the uprights AND the last 2 seconds were allowed to tick off, even though the ball had already past through the uprights--comes back again. It was at that moment I realized how much assistance the Patriots had been given in that game, from the non-call intentional grounding on that FG drive, to the unavoidable fact that zero personal foul calls were made in the entire game. Think about what that implies. Bernie Kukar, the head zebra for that game, didn't protect Warner at all. Didn't protect any of the Rams that day, and the Patriot defense was on a mission to punish the offense.

And you know what? Roger Goodell was on Tagliabue's staff. Makes one wonder just what was on the Spygate tape. Did the Patriots offer up some truly damning evidence, daring Goodell to make it public when they knew he'd have no choice but to destroy it?

Anyone notice Warner's slip of the tongue? When he talked about the Patriot's efforts to slow down the GSOT, he used the words, "held us." :heh:

A quote from a NFL official friend who came in my office the day after the loss. "Jim, anyone wearing red, white, and blue was not going to lose that game." He said he had never seen receivers beaten up like the Rams were. 23 years as an official in the league and he should know what he is talking about.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I wouldn't think it would be that direct. There would have been a casual conversation with a wistful, "It sure would be nice if the Patriots could win the SB." Then a pause. "What would it take to make that happen?" Nothing any government lackey would really be required to do; all of it would have been handled by the NFL, as a favor to the government and for the good of the country.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yes...

I just remember a deep, very sad, emptiness that took over as my main emotion for many weeks. You can see it in all their faces when it's brought up.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
A quote from a NFL official friend who came in my office the day after the loss. "Jim, anyone wearing red, white, and blue was not going to lose that game." He said he had never seen receivers beaten up like the Rams were. 23 years as an official in the league and he should know what he is talking about.

Exactly. Even the crowd at halftime was given red white and blue glowsticks and flags. Almost makes me want to join Al Qaeda. (Okay, not really, but it still makes me mad.)