For those who said Gurley lacks burst

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I just want you to watch the pass at about the 0:55 mark. Gurley absolutely dusts Zach Brown and that is a linebacker who ran a 4.44 40 at the Combine. Todd has track star speed.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I fully believe he has burst. Until the middle of the 2nd quarter yesterday I legitimately had to question whether he USES it. He seems to hit holes slowly these days. And the play where he was pressed into his OLineman's back for like 3 seconds and he fumbled? That was just weird running.

But boy did he start kicking A after that.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I think he has "burst", especially when he is in open field. What he lacks (at least the past 18-20 gms or so) is "explosion" through the holes and change of direction in close quarters. the former is due to/or product of, the opinions that he isn't "seeing the holes".
But once he gets open field, he has a burst of speed. We have seen that all along. But we need to see him find the creases better

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams missed a golden opportunity to let TG take over the game in the second half . Let's hope he picks up where he left off Thursday night.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Its hard to burst when you have a linemans ass in you're way.

That was probably the gayest thing I've ever typed, btw.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he has "burst", especially when he is in open field. What he lacks (at least the past 18-20 gms or so) is "explosion" through the holes and change of direction in close quarters. the former is due to/or product of, the opinions that he isn't "seeing the holes".
But once he gets open field, he has a burst of speed. We have seen that all along. But we need to see him find the creases better

We saw the change of direction yesterday and explosion. IMO, Gurley didn't trust the plays or the OL. We're seeing that trust return.(along with some competent blocking)

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
What he lacks (at least the past 18-20 gms or so) is "explosion" through the holes and change of direction in close quarters. the former is due to/or product of, the opinions that he isn't "seeing the holes".

Don't buy all of that

I think his vision is fine, his burst is fine, his change of direction for a 6'2", 220 lb. back is fine, his explosiveness is fine, his vertical is fine, his receiving skills are fine...what else ya got?

IMO

Last edited:

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Just hope he doesn't need anger to be his motivation. He looked great after he got angry

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
The only thing Gurley has been lacking is open field, hard to show burst with DL penetration. But on pitches he gets the corner as quick as anyone, and will hurdle your ass if you look down. Gurley will be just fine as the O grows so will everyones confidence and Gurley will be unstoppable, unless of course you would rather let Goff beat you through the air.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
It's all on the Offensive Line. TG keeps running into his lineman, especially on the right side or the lane was not there and he gets immediately pummeled. The Interior gap between Sullivan and Jamon Brown was non-existent and so was the non-existent lane between JB and Havenstein. Rams need to upgrade their OL still.

…..

Legend
I'm really glad to see him do well.

I don't know if I could handle this place if a Great Gurley Debate was to happen.

JRobinson

MiLB
Don't get me started on defending Gurley on this thread. Everyone has already seen this on the very similar(actually the same) 'Gurley: Yay or Nay' thread.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I don't think anyone has ever questioned his burst.
:shocked:

That bullshit is everywhere there are Ram fans(?)

All kinds of questioning of Gurley's skills, which I guess I'd alright but I saw Trent Richardson comparisons.

:gtfo:

Psycho_X

Legend
Dude looked reborn in the second half Sunday. I hope we see more of that Gurley going forward.

WvuIN02

Starter
His speed is fine but he has pretty average vision for a RB in my opinion, not an elite talent like someone like AP to be drafted that high or someone like Faulk was. Crazy we could have drafted David Johnson or Ajayi that year much later.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His speed is fine but he has pretty average vision for a RB in my opinion, not an elite talent like someone like AP to be drafted that high or someone like Faulk was. Crazy we could have drafted David Johnson or Ajayi that year much later.

Watching in the passing game this year, I'm thinking we're not going to have any regrets regarding that pick. McVay understands something Fisher and Boras never did: Gurley is a talented receiver and very dangerous in space. It's clear that he's trying to feature him in the passing attack. I'd like to see Goff use him even more. Meanwhile, David Johnson isn't helping his team on IR.

Don't get me started on defending Gurley on this thread. Everyone has already seen this on the very similar(actually the same) 'Gurley: Yay or Nay' thread.

Yea, I was about to go on a rant in that thread after the game last week about how this fanbase just always has to beat up on some player, even after a blowout win. But for once, I decided just to let it be. Glad Gurley changed some opinions this week.

WvuIN02

Starter
Injuries withstanding, DJ is a far better back than Gurley and drafted in the 3rd round. Cardinals deserve props for seeing what other teams failed to. TG is not a bad back by any means, but I dont think he is top 10 talent and definitely not on the level of a guy like AP who everyone here was comparing him to.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Spielman says he looked down during a running play, that's why he ran into a lineman instead of finding the hole. He pretty much sounds like he knows what he's talking about, though he's not the best color guy and seemed a ltitle bit for the Redskins at times.