For Playoffs, we have to win the Division

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Yeah I know, I'm pitiful for even thinking about playoffs this year considering what we've witnessed so far, and considering Fisher is fighting to keep Goff off the field.

I just took a look at our chances of a wild card entry this year and it looks bad. There are currently at least 8 NFC teams NOT leading their division who have the same or better record than us. That means they are also wild card possibilities since they won't win their division outright. Check it out here:

http://www.nfl.com/standings

That being said, for us to make the playoffs we would miraculously need to pass the Cardinals and Seahawks in our division by the end of the season. How's that for a sad thought? :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
inb4 someone steals my gif

playoffs.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So we just have to run the tables then.

No probz. We can do that.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I want to make the playoffs. But when we made the trade for Goff it should have been clear this season is not the one where the Rams will be contending for a Super Bowl. I'll be happy with clear, significant progress from this roster. If we can get to 10 wins, I'm satisfied for this season - even if you still always want to make the playoffs and win a championship.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I want to make the playoffs. But when we made the trade for Goff it should have been clear this season is not the one where the Rams will be contending for a Super Bowl. I'll be happy with clear, significant progress from this roster. If we can get to 10 wins, I'm satisfied for this season - even if you still always want to make the playoffs and win a championship.

I'd be ecstatic with 10 wins.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yeah I know, I'm pitiful for even thinking about playoffs this year considering what we've witnessed so far, and considering Fisher is fighting to keep Goff off the field.

I just took a look at our chances of a wild card entry this year and it looks bad. There are currently at least 8 NFC teams NOT leading their division who have the same or better record than us. That means they are also wild card possibilities since they won't win their division outright. Check it out here:

http://www.nfl.com/standings

That being said, for us to make the playoffs we would miraculously need to pass the Cardinals and Seahawks in our division by the end of the season. How's that for a sad thought? :)
First off, I don't agree with your premise! Coming out of the bye week the Rams have 4 very winnable games, and we have all three of our division opponents the last three games of the season. The Rams can, and well Win the NFC West! With a minimum record of 10-6!! EZ!!:mrburnsevil:

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
o_O At your premise!

Kentuckyrams

Pro Bowler
Every game will be critical for any hope of a playoff berth. If we can avoid dropping to 3-5 we have a chance. If we lose to Carolina, we'd have to go 6-2 to have a winning record with NE, Atlanta, and Seattle still on tap, not to mention the occasional Fisher flop game.

RamWoodie

Legend
It's far from over...and the Hags lost today. The Rams don't have to win the division necessarily at this point. WAAYYY to much football to be played.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
we were helped yesterday...Az is really in our rear view mirror....seattle is in our sights...one game at a time tho b4 we start thinking postseason....

fearsomefour

Legend
Carolina showed yesterday they can still dominate. Carolina, the JETS and Miami....would have to run the table more than likely to have a shot. The Rams easily could have won the NYG and Detriot games and easily could have lost Tampa and Seattle. It's a team with a very thing margin.
So, games get away.
But, three wins in a row probably gets the Rams into second place in the West at 6-4.....so, your saying there's a chance.
With Seattle and Arizona tying each other then both losing the window was there, but the LA Fishers just couldn't get out of their own way.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Carolina showed yesterday they can still dominate. Carolina, the JETS and Miami....would have to run the table more than likely to have a shot. The Rams easily could have won the NYG and Detriot games and easily could have lost Tampa and Seattle. It's a team with a very thing margin.
So, games get away.
But, three wins in a row probably gets the Rams into second place in the West at 6-4.....so, your saying there's a chance.
With Seattle and Arizona tying each other then both losing the window was there, but the LA Fishers just couldn't get out of their own way.
Don't forget, the Rams already hold Wins over the Hags and the Cards in the division race(y);):D and I think it is very possible for the Rams to Win there next 4 straight!:D The Panthers had a Gift TD from the Refs this week-end:rolleyes::shocking: that won't happen this coming week-end!:shades::cheers: