Foles 2014 highlights

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vslz1b2EJO0

I also noticed a few things about Foles.
Dude is not afraid to make any throw (which may be the reason why he had so many "near picks" in 2013 and 10 picks in 2014)
One of the biggest harps on Bradford for me and many others was his reluctance to throw the 50/50 ball or throw a receiver open.
Foles might backfire in the worst way, as I am still a big fan of Bradford and believe that he is much more taleted than Foles. But Foles' thick skin and tendancy to push the ball up field may work wonders for our offense, especially if defenses have to key in on our run game.

FRO

Legend
In order to have success throwing the 50/50 ball you need receivers who can catch it. Britt and Quick may be able to win the 50/50 battles. We will see

FRO

Legend
Man I wish we had a screen game like that. We have some candidates that should be good screen receivers.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Man I wish we had a screen game like that. We have some candidates that should be good screen receivers.
Agreed. I wish they would use TA in the Sproles/DJax role more.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
In order to have success throwing the 50/50 ball you need receivers who can catch it. Britt and Quick may be able to win the 50/50 battles. We will see

I'm really going to enjoy this season.

I hope

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agreed. I wish they would use TA in the Sproles/DJax role more.
Maybe they will. I don't think we'll be as explosive as that Eagles team though. I think we are more pound you and occasionally pull the dynamic play.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I really think that's the key. Bradford really missed on that combination to throw to, so that's a story we'll never know. Things looked really good last year until we lost Quick to injury, and I just really think he's as much a key to this offense as anyone, but I expect to see our tight ends to be utilized even more effectively this year.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Nick has a better arm than I thought and at least on that sample size seems to throw a pretty decent deep ball. Looking forward to the season!

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
no question that Bradford had the arm talent.. but coming from the spread where he threw to wide open receivers I just don't think he was ever really comfortable with the anticipation throws/throwing receivers open so he'd hesitate and then just check it down.

that and his pocket awareness were his biggest issues

but anyway, not worried about it. Go Foles!!

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
I see a lot of wide open guys on that video. another thing is the middle of his pocket is open to step up in. something we haven't seen in a while.

ausmurp

Starter
Foles looked good there don't get me wrong, but that video looked more like Jeremy Maclin highlights. That guy is a beast. Wonder what he'll be like for Chiefs.

lockdnram21

Legend
Foles looked good there don't get me wrong, but that video looked more like Jeremy Maclin highlights. That guy is a beast. Wonder what he'll be like for Chiefs.
Don't know he's going to be in trouble Alex smith doesn't throw deep

A55VA6

Legend
Love the throw at 2:23-2:26

I believe in Nick Foles. If the line holds up and allows us to have a good run game and playaction game, I think Foles will be just fine.

Last edited:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think we are asking less out of Foles than Philly. WR's are gonna have plenty of space to work with once we establish our running game.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'd be screening to Gurley all fucking day until they stop it. That would be my plan A.

FRO

Legend
I'd be screening to Gurley all freaking day until they stop it. That would be my plan A.
I wouldn't rush Gurley, but once he is healthy and established in wearing him out. He will be the offense.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I wouldn't rush Gurley, but once he is healthy and established in wearing him out. He will be the offense.
I know Gurley is going to be incredible. But I can't wait to see how his success opens-up plays for our other offensive threats. For example, I so want to see Tavon succeed.

A55VA6

Legend

One thing I have noticed about Foles is he always trusts his receivers to go and make a play. I sure hope Foles and our group of WR's can gel quickly. I'm expecting Bailey to take a step forward this year because I still feel like he's better than what his production shows.