Florio: Rams May Not Be A Destination Team and Spot Just Yet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Tell that to the players who are going from playing under a contraxt that was signed in a tax friendly situation to now bringing home 49% of their pay.

You can choose to believe what you want to believe. But I am certain the topic was discussed amongst the players when they were gathered last week.

And did anyone else happen to notice that only 80% of the players were there? When Fisher is always so quick to brag about how they have 100% attendance at volunteer workouts in the past.

This isn't a unified happy camp as they would like you to think. All I'm saying.

It also wasn't a normal, scheduled volunteer team meeting. It wasn't even a workout.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Tell that to the players who are going from playing under a contraxt that was signed in a tax friendly situation to now bringing home 49% of their pay.

You can choose to believe what you want to believe. But I am certain the topic was discussed amongst the players when they were gathered last week.

And did anyone else happen to notice that only 80% of the players were there? When Fisher is always so quick to brag about how they have 100% attendance at volunteer workouts in the past.

This isn't a unified happy camp as they would like you to think. All I'm saying.

I think you're trying to make it seem like a bigger deal. These guys are going to be fine, it's the offseason of course not everyone was going to show up. They'll probably be there later on for different workouts, that's not a big point.

Did players discuss cost of living changes? Of course they did, that was the entire point of the meeting, to tell guys about different changes, changes in traffic patters, changes in how much things cost, gas, etc.. However these guys aren't going to be hurting for money, they're professional athletes, and while they may not want to give up extra money (who does?) the idea that it's going to be a huge factor is just silly. It's never been a factor before for any sport, so now it's suddenly going to matter? It doesn't matter for the Dodgers, or the Kings, Lakers, Clippers, Galaxy, and didn't matter for the LA Raiders or the LA Rams before, but now it's suddenly going to matter for the Rams? I'm not seeing it.

The dollar may not go as far in LA as it does in St Louis, or Tennessee, or Indianapolis or any number of states, but there's also a lot more things to do in LA. They're going to be living comfortably, they're going to have fun, it's not going to be an issue. These guys are typically more than happy to blow their money as soon as they get it anyway.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm not saying they won't come to LA if the $$$ is right. But to say its not an issued is naive. The current players aren't happy about the pay cut they're being forced to take by virtue of the move. And I know that has been a topic of conversation amongst quite a few of them. They met last week for first time formally in LA and it was a major talking point.

It will cost the organization more to attract prospective FA. Including the inordinate number of their own. And don't think the move hasn't had an impact on them negotiating with their own. They've put themselves in a bad position because their COO was too busy and unavailable last year to deal with contracts when approached.

Now they're behind and are likely to lose players who just don't care about being in LA.

I guess I haven't been reading enough Rams news. Where was it reported that the players are unhappy about the move and consider it a pay cut? And that it was a major talking point with them?